Small ESOC Patch Update

No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Re: Small ESOC Patch Update

Post by kami_ryu »

It's working for me as well. I have the new maps and they look great!
Brazil PikaDasGalaxyas
Crossbow
ESO: Antoniochaves

Post by PikaDasGalaxyas »

How to download all the maps Ui, so I can play in Asyan?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I believe they have not yet been released. You need to wait, for to do that.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Anyone up for a game? I'm on ESOC and there 1800 people online, can't find a game

gogo
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Did I understand right? More useless maps but no fix to the useless civs.

5/5 update

Join the EP team and share your thoughts. I'm sure you're welcome there since hazza and diarouga are currently the only two real members. If you don't want to join feel free to PM me your thoughts and I'll forward them. We're a community working for the community, everyone's input is welcome.

I would have joined like a year ago but Ryan's "Anti-Somppu policy" prevented me. Everyone's input has not clearly been welcome.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

somppukunkku wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Did I understand right? More useless maps but no fix to the useless civs.

5/5 update

Join the EP team and share your thoughts. I'm sure you're welcome there since hazza and diarouga are currently the only two real members. If you don't want to join feel free to PM me your thoughts and I'll forward them. We're a community working for the community, everyone's input is welcome.

I would have joined like a year ago but Ryan's "Anti-Somppu policy" prevented me. Everyone's input has not clearly been welcome.
Ryan has never been even remotely close to managing the patch team. They removed the scout snare for example, and I don't want to put any words in Ryan's mouth but I'm pretty sure he heavily disliked that change.

I'm sure your input is welcome now.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I guess there's no bigger anti-fan of Ryan than diarouga, and guess what, he's in the team :!:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

somppukunkku wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:

5/5 update

ryan dislikes me and i managed to join
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

H2o is barely involved with patch balance and its been like that since the start
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

So basicly Ryan hates everyone?:D
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Nice, wp. But malasia map is really Strange, I don't think u sould such screen with absolutly nothing out of grass...
Considere also in my screen that one hunt is missing near the nativ post on red side (which happend really too much on a lot of EP map). Also I don't get the point of lake tahoe, what does it bring compare too great lake ?
If your map aren't better than RE one's I don't see the point of doing so much.
Don't take it the wrong way, but I would really prefer if you work more on each map instead of spawming a lot so that we can't know them all and a lot of them are bad...
Perharps, I may not be the one to pass judgement, considering I don't do anything for the community, but I still wanted to tell u what an average esoc-player think :flowers:
Attachments
screen10.jpg
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

bwinner1 wrote:Nice, wp. But malasia map is really Strange, I don't think u sould such screen with absolutly nothing out of grass...

Obviously forest files are lacking...

bwinner1 wrote:Considere also in my screen that one hunt is missing near the nativ post on red side (which happend really too much on a lot of EP map).

Correct, as it happens too much for you on EP maps as you spotted, clever as you are, you probably have the solution to fix this issue. Please enlight us how to fix this problem happening since 2006.

bwinner1 wrote:Also I don't get the point of lake tahoe, what does it bring compare too great lake ?

Correct, it's well known that Great lakes doesn't have any issue like starting hunts missing for instance.

bwinner1 wrote:If your map aren't better than RE one's I don't see the point of doing so much.

Yeah you are right, what we do is a bit useless, probably we will stop making maps.

bwinner1 wrote:Don't take it the wrong way, but I would really prefer if you work more on each map instead of spawming a lot so that we can't know them all and a lot of them are bad...

I guess you meant spamming. Last map update was in July so it took 6 months for 3 people to release 9 maps, which means that approximately we spent 2 months per map. I agree it's so rushy and we should probably spend more time on one map, like one year for instance.

bwinner1 wrote:Perharps, I may not be the one to pass judgement, considering I don't do anything for the community, but I still wanted to tell u what an average esoc-player think :flowers:

I'm glad to know that bwinner1 represents the average esoc-player ! :flowers:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Rikikipu wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:Nice, wp. But malasia map is really Strange, I don't think u sould such screen with absolutly nothing out of grass...

I don't know what you mean

Rikikipu wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:Considere also in my screen that one hunt is missing near the nativ post on red side (which happend really too much on a lot of EP map).

Correct, as it happens too much for you on EP maps as you spotted, clever as you are, you probably have the solution to fix this issue. Please enlight us how to fix this problem happening since 2006.

That's why I said that I am not the one to pass judgement... Perhaps considering there are maps where it happends fewer than on other, I guess you can do something.

Rikikipu wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:Also I don't get the point of lake tahoe, what does it bring compare too great lake ?

Correct, it's well known that Great lakes doesn't have any issue like starting hunts missing for instance.

bwinner1 wrote:If your map aren't better than RE one's I don't see the point of doing so much.

Yeah you are right, what we do is a bit useless, probably we will stop making maps.

Well, I didn't notice a big lack of hunt on great lake and I prefere by far the design of great lake than the one of lake tahoe (for instance the Island is just shit on lake tahoe because it's not symetric at all, what mean you can place a tower near one player base and not on the other side... that is unfair). I think that it take time too know every map good for tourney, and we don't need to have so much different maps Imo.
Rikikipu wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:Don't take it the wrong way, but I would really prefer if you work more on each map instead of spawming a lot so that we can't know them all and a lot of them are bad...

I guess you meant spamming. Last map update was in July so it took 6 months for 3 people to release 9 maps, which means that approximately we spent 2 months per map. I agree it's so rushy and we should probably spend more time on one map, like one year for instance.

bwinner1 wrote:Perharps, I may not be the one to pass judgement, considering I don't do anything for the community, but I still wanted to tell u what an average esoc-player think :flowers:

Feel free not taking my point of vue in consideration, but I was thinking you was doing maps for the community and not for you alone.
(Also that's nice to point my english misstakes but you need to know there are a difference between "an" and "the" then...)
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

bwinner1 wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

I mean that the file responsible of the forest in malaysia is lacking.
bwinner1 wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

That's why I said that I am not the one to pass judgement... Perhaps considering there are maps where it happends fewer than on other, I guess you can do something.

No we can not, it's called Random Map Script which means we can only see in long terms after a lot of games if there is statiscally an issue or not.
bwinner1 wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

Well, I didn't notice a big lack of hunt on great lake and I prefere by far the design of great lake than the one of lake tahoe (for instance the Island is just shit on lake tahoe because it's not symetric at all, what mean you can place a tower near one player base and not on the other side... that is unfair). I think that it take time too know every map good for tourney, and we don't need to have so much different maps Imo.

There are actually a lot of asymetrical stuff on maps. Tbh I prefer having a starting hunt than and a potential asymetrical island than the contrary. But that's question of point of view.
bwinner1 wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

Feel free not taking my point of vue in consideration, but I was thinking you was doing maps for the community and not for you alone.

Yes you are right, we work for the community, I was just surprised about the sentence "what an average esoc player think", cause I don't know how do you know what the average of esoc player think.
bwinner1 wrote:(Also that's nice to point my english misstakes but you need to know there are a difference between "an" and "the" then...)

That wasn't to point out your english mistake, actually I already know that I do english mistakes. That was just to be sure that you meant "spamming" and not "spawning" or an other word that I don't know, and so to be sure that I was answering to the good thing.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Rikikipu wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I mean that the file responsible of the forest in malaysia is lacking.
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No we can not, it's called Random Map Script which means we can only see in long terms after a lot of games if there is statiscally an issue or not.
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

There are actually a lot of asymetrical stuff on maps. Tbh I prefer having a starting hunt than and a potential asymetrical island than the contrary. But that's question of point of view.
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yes you are right, we work for the community, I was just surprised about the sentence "what an average esoc player think", cause I don't know how do you know what the average of esoc player think.
bwinner1 wrote:(Also that's nice to point my english misstakes but you need to know there are a difference between "an" and "the" then...)

That wasn't to point out your english mistake, actually I already know that I do english mistakes. That was just to be sure that you meant "spamming" and not "spawning" or an other word that I don't know, and so to be sure that I was answering to the good thing.

Beside inclusion of new maps, are old maps changed in some way in this version of the patch?
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

To be honest, @bwinner1 just made a comprehensive post of what he thinks could be improved. He was by no means offensive towards map makers or sth. I think that his post is really constructive and worth to be considered. If some of the things he mentioned cannot be improved because coding does not allow that, then that's a whole different thing and no reason to offend him.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:To be honest, @bwinner1 just made a comprehensive post of what he thinks could be improved. He was by no means offensive towards map makers or sth. I think that his post is really constructive and worth to be considered. If some of the things he mentioned cannot be improved because coding does not allow that, then that's a whole different thing and no reason to offend him.

ye bwinners post wasnt that bad. Rikki is properly a bit sensitive in that regards because of previous events. WHich is understandable aswell.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Fine. Then I hope this issue with Malaisia will be solved :-)
For the lake tahoe, I guess that would be possible to make the Island more symetric as well ? I mean doing so that u can either put a tower on each side everytime or on none of of the side.
And talking about map issues, I had also notice one on Herlad Island : sometimes u can get the 3 TPs and sometimes only 2 (because of the distance from ur opponant TC). I think that should not be the case because that's something that can be very important.
For the "average esoc player" I may missunderstand the english word, I just mean :
Je donne mon avis en tant que simple joueur

Anyway, thx for the good job you do on the map. :-)
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Thanks for the criticism, bwinner. I think Riki didn't read your post thoroughly and assumed it was flame since he has been dealing with a lot of flame lately because of his maps. I would like to remind everyone that we're stuck on the current set of maps if Riki stops making maps now, and I can assure you that after a few tournaments you'll all be craving for new maps. Even if you don't like all of his maps, please consider the effort that he puts into them and appreciate it!
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I- I like the maps. They all look so cool.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Is the lack of water spawn points intentional? Malaysia is much safer to go water, but lake Tahoe encourages water fights. Even imagine oppenent setting sneakily their spawn point on the other water part.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Same on Jebel Musa, there's not a HC flag on water. :hmm:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Please spend more time on them so the maps are actually good
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I think there is a problem with Lake Tahoe map. When playing 2v2 player 2 and 3 tc's are set too close to each other. Is this intended?

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Hazza54321 wrote:Please spend more time on them so the maps are actually good

Did you like them?
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018