Announcing the Murlocking Twitch Cup

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Announcing the Murlocking Twitch Cup

Post by _H2O »

Hot on the heels of the noob fan-organised Insight Studios and Diplomunion tournaments comes a new competition from an unexpected quarter! ESOC is proud to announce the inaugural Murlocking Twitch Cup, beginning on February 4th! 27 Korean players will be battling each other to the death for our pleasure in a unique double elimination bracket, with big fellows like AceHoliC, jamescheif100, jsm2451 and bounty_hunter_, fresh from his destruction of _H2O!

This tournament is not like any other in the past--unlike the classic Seasonal ESOC and Invitationals, the Murlocking Twitch Cup is relatively small with a 27 player field as well as a different method of organising brackets. Furthermore, dates for matches have also been set beforehand. Finding days where both players can play is a pain in the neck in organising and setting dates seems to be an ideal solution. A set time for matches means more people can tune in and set aside time to watch. The current set time is at 0900 GMT on weekends, four confirmed times are on the 4th and 5th as well as the 11th and 12th.

This new and promising tournament from the Korean Community is cause for great rejoicing and celebration among us last holdouts of a decade old game. Up to now, the tournaments have been organised by ESOC; to see a competition put together so quickly and with such enthusiasm by such a new part of the community promises something new - something to anticipate for AOE3’s future. More and more viewers love to see new faces to the Age Of Empires 3 scene and with the large boost from this new community, the build-up has never been more promising.

Watch in English on http://www.twitch.tv/esoctv.

Watch in Korean on http://www.twitch.tv/sizer0346.

Thanks to @jakey and @milku3459 for sharing the news!
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Re: Announcing the Murlocking Twitch Cup

Post by sdsanft »

10/10
These are for you jakey :flowers:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

still waiting for my media-team promotion :uglylol:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

milku3459 wrote:still waiting for my media-team promotion :uglylol:

You could do it betterly than most of the actual ones..
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

deleted_user wrote:

Milku is pretty awesome!
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

deleted_user wrote:

thanks breeze but stop trying to undermine staff for real LOL
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Sounds cool but I'm confused, 27 korean players, but the players named are not all korean right?
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

giveuanxiety wrote:Sounds cool but I'm confused, 27 korean players, but the players named are not all korean right?

citation needed
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag chulsusemi
Crossbow

Post by chulsusemi »

giveuanxiety wrote:Sounds cool but I'm confused, 27 korean players, but the players named are not all korean right?

All the 27 players are Koreans and you can find the match up here; http://challonge.com/ko/murloc13
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

We can arrange something since your writing is pretty good. Feel free to contact me.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:

We can arrange something since your writing is pretty good. Feel free to contact me.

Naw I think I will continue my employment at Insight Studios for a while can't have too many jobs on top of schoolwork.
Will probably join in the future if I can--would be nice to have non-Dutch members besides Site :uglylol:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Wait wait wait....So jameschief=dyddyd who is a fanatic supporter of USA and Trump and is praising America 24/7 is a actually a korean guy?

Or is he a korean immigrant in USA and wants to support a guy who doesn't want (some of the) immigrants to the USA?
I'm confused.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Or he has sense of humor and was trolling?
Image Image Image
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

somppukunkku wrote:Wait wait wait....So jameschief=dyddyd

no look at my profile
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

So we get English coverage? Sounds great!
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

Sounds really cool! Looking forward to it even though the time is kinda bad for Europeans. I just have one question. If Grunt is actually active playing on Salmient account, why is he not participating in this tournament?
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:Sounds really cool! Looking forward to it even though the time is kinda bad for Europeans. I just have one question. If Grunt is actually active playing on Salmient account, why is he not participating in this tournament?

why spend his load when there is no $$$ for the taking? grunt is a professional. no time for this shizzle
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

sc wrote:
Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:Sounds really cool! Looking forward to it even though the time is kinda bad for Europeans. I just have one question. If Grunt is actually active playing on Salmient account, why is he not participating in this tournament?

why spend his load when there is no $$$ for the taking? grunt is a professional. no time for this shizzle

So he plays another game professionally right now?
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

I don't even think its grunt playing on salmient, though he used to.
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

gh0st wrote:

I don't even think its grunt playing on salmient, though he used to.

Yea, I'm not sure too but I remember that someone recently told me that it is Grunt.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

I find it hard to believe jsm, and jameschief both live in Korea.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

That OP seeding in the brackets xD guessing it was just random. They having any prize for it? and rules?

No Flag rk791
Crossbow

Post by rk791 »

I'll just copy & paste my comment from another post here for the sake of it

**Game Rules**

1. Intention to prevent prolonged gametime due to ultra-defensive gameplay :
- # of Frigates limited to 2 ea max (purpose of preventing Frigate-Marginot-Line)
- Only basic walls are allowed (No wall upgrades)

2. Blind-picks :
- Each player will whisper to the Korean Commentator (herewith known as Rcisarena) which civ they are going to play, which they have to stick to
- Loser of each game may change the civ at his/her own discretion. Winner must stick to the civ they've initially chosen

3. Otherwise stated, and otherwise necessary, all matches will proceed in order of brackets
- For each game, the top player of each match on the bracket will host a game and invite the Caster (herewith known as Sizer a.k.a. Murlocking) and the Commentator. (Using Observer-map v2.2)

4. There may be errors with ESO Matching during the tournament. Please make sure all players are able to connect+use Hamachi as necessary

5. If a player is disconnected while in-game :
- If time elapsed is less than 4 minutes (1st age), the game will be restarted
- Otherwise, the game outcome will be determined at the scene based on the situation
(Note : High probability of the disconnected player losing the said game. So, it is advised to be prepared to have the best environment for the tourney for all players)

6. Any type of Bugged Gameplays and Hacks are prohibited at all times
- Each match's replay must and will be saved. So, please make sure all hosts remember to enable the replay function

7. Each player is allowed to request a Pause for 1 time at max (Maximum duration of 1 minute per pause)

**Match Rules**

- Double Elimination
(With the exception of Grand-Final being a single-elimination. This means, the finalist of the winner's group will still lose the tourney if he/she loses the match once. No second chance is given like usual Double Elimination rules)
**T/L Note from myself : Please be advised to ESOC members on this forum that this is a friendly tourney. So, understand any discrepancy.

- Stationary Map Pool :
*1st : Arkansas
*2nd : Manchuria
*3rd : Hudson Bay

- Round-1 and Round-2 of each winner's group and loser's group will be Bo1 (Map will be chosen at random from the stationary map-pool)

- Round-3 onward will be Bo3 (Each map of the stationary map-pool will be played once each, in order of 1st - 2nd - 3rd map)

- Grand-final will be Bo5. (First 3 games will be played using each map in order of 1st - 2nd - 3rd map. For any additional games, the finalist of the winner's group will get the advantage of choosing the map. The same map can't be chosen for both 4th and 5th rounds.)

**Schedule**

- February 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th (1st and 2nd weekends of February)

- 1800 ~ 0000 KST (KST = GMT+9). Streams shall go live around 1700

- In case the tourney has not been completed during the schedule, additional schedule may be arranged

**Prizes**

- 1st : 300,000 KRW

- 2nd : 200,000 KRW

- 3rd : 100,000 KRW
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

dumb rules on fridges and walls imo, removing part of the game like that is just weird. and damn $260 USD for first place, pretty nice. weird how it seems the few good players in the tournament are most likely not korean.

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Thats not true they are all korean