United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

20 Feb 2017, 02:13

Community News

Insight Studios New Year's Invitational Update - by site
We are nearing the end of the Invitational. Unfortunately there has been some scheduling difficulties due to conflicting time-zones and scheduling with the 2v2 Tournament. That aside we should soon be watching some amazing gameplay between Aragun and Jerom, which will then decide on which of them will fight the final battle vs Hazza54321! Stay tuned!

Fight Night by site
Fight Night has kicked off to an incredible start gaining a lot of attention from players, casters, and players alike. As I am writing this Kaiserklein and QueeonofDestiny are doing an outstanding job of casting a Fight Night Series. We've had a lot of great cocasters and casters showcased already and I am definitely looking forward to the future games we will see.
If you are interested in participating in a Fight Night as a streamer, caster, or player -- be sure to join the Fight Night Discord! https://discord.gg/4mfP4Dg

Fight Night has had a major change of pace in it's structure. It is now a League System! Any player PR 20+ is invited to join the Discord. When it comes time for a Fight Night we will use that Discord to form player and caster pools from players available at that time. We will then match up players as evenly as possible to see some close and competitive gameplay. Players receive points for both winning individual games and for winning series and at the end of the season the top 5 players will receive a cash prize!

Game Content

Map Scouting Guide - by Diarouga
Guide

Map Overview | Manchuria - by Darwin_
Overview

History of Shipments - Virginia Company - by BrookG
History

Entertainment

Pickup Lines - by Milku
LOL

Community Shoutouts!

1.) Fightinfrenchman
2.) Miggo99
3.) Kaiserklein
4.) QueenofDestiny

You volunteered massive amounts of your time to streaming for Fight Night and that is greatly appreciated! Shoutout to their co-casters as well!

Community Challenge!
Congratulations to Pecelot for winning the last Community Challenge on all three categories!

The next Community Challenge is to record a unique strategy with the Iroquois. Let's see who can come up with the most unique strategy!
Attachments
French_recs_from_pecelot (1).rar
(5.39 MiB) Downloaded 18 times

Join the Insight Studios Discord!
https://discord.gg/SB6JJ8T

010000RMAY17 - Complete
010000RJUL17 - Pending
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

20 Feb 2017, 03:28

Sorry for such a small newsletter this week and for the small delay. Some of our members have been busy among a few other small internal problems but they have been addressed and solved and we're only gonna continue to get bigger and better from here!

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
United States of America sircallen
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: SirCallen

20 Feb 2017, 07:26

Great stuff as always
Scum Fuck Flower Boy
India Ashvin
ESOC Dev Team
ESO: Octanium

20 Feb 2017, 07:42

Everything is 10/10 except Milku that filthy cow
Singapore milku3459
Lancer
ESO: jamescheif100

20 Feb 2017, 07:45

Ashvin wrote:Everything is 10/10 except Milku that filthy cow

Eat me ashvin eat me

I predict your chances of finding your cat will go up 100% after reading my section @giveyouanxiety
1/5/17
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
ESO: MCJim

20 Feb 2017, 11:53

Awesome!

Do you have any ETA when I can read it on PDF/in my mailbox?
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02
ESO: Pezet

20 Feb 2017, 12:48

Diarouga wrote:1) In my opinion, you shouldn't take the small treasures which are in your base. You only waste time, and give your opponent more time to find important treasures.
That's an extremly common mistake, 75% of the players take the 40f or the 50g with their explorer and the consequences can be big. In a RO16 game in the last tourney (mongo10 vs _H20), mongo went for a small treasure in his base, and then for a vill treasure, but his _H2O could steal it because mongo was 10sec late.
These small treasures are surely good, that's why you want to take the coin treasures with vills (you need less than 10sec, and they're worth 70VS, it's okay), and take the food treasures later, when you have the map scouted.

It's important to note as well that players should not crack-shot these in-base treasure guardians at first, as most likely they'll find better ones out in the field.
One trick here, though, is to actually use the crack-shot when you're going for a TP and you don't have to hurry that much, as after building it your ability will be available again (on a map like High Plains, where you have to walk a bit to a TP).
Another one is to gradually crack-shot guardians of bigger treasures if you can easily secure them. Receiving 320 XP for killing 4 comancheros in the mid-game can be quite nice!

2) Use your scout. It might seem obvious, but there are some things to know.
On a livestock map, you have to rush the cows, on a normal map, try to find treasures.

You should scout with livestock, too. On maps like Tibet or Florida, when you get 2 yaks and a sheep at the start of the game, respectively, you should scout at least the back of your base, or if your opponent has only one explorer, you can go even further, as the risk of losing your herdables then is way lower.

3) Some treasures aren't worth it.
When you want to take a treasure, you should consider two things: the treasure value, but also the time it takes, and the damages you will take.
For example, the cow, the wolf or the bears are bad, the guardians are hard to kill, and the treasure isn't great...

If there are no other treasures on the map and you have some time, you can still get those, as you get additional XP from killing the guardians.

Some are very good too: 140f protected by 1comanchero and 2 coyotes, 125w protected by two polar bears, but they're hard to take, so be careful. Don't try to take it if it's in the middle of the map, you'll likely lose it .

140f is nice to get as you can just tank two coyotes. When I see a good treasure in the middle of the map, I usually go to my opponent's side to be able to spot his explorer coming from his base and the surroundings sooner. You can shoot to one coyote, run back, shoot again, crack-shot the comanchero, finish the weak coyote and then just kill the other one in hand combat.

4) The treasure micro.

For this I'd just recommend linking this video:

video

4) California
Here unfortunately, I can't really help since it's random.

All I can tell is that there are only 2 treasures near the sea, and that the 150w treasure spawns on the North East, if it ever spawns.

I feel like 150w is random, too, I recall encountering it on the grass field in the west as well.

Maps 15.—18. have French descriptions, and the 8th one has both French and English write-ups.

Other than that, I corrected some small spelling mistakes, if you don't mind :smile:

Great job, I really like it, thanks! :flowers:
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! Check out the ESOC Strategy Wall! :flowers:
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

20 Feb 2017, 15:56

Kaiser2gud
PutThePastInACasket : some say the universe is even bigger than the space between the starting TC and second hunt on fertile crescent
United States of America fearfuloatmeal
Crossbow
ESO: fearfuloatmeal

20 Feb 2017, 17:16

Those pickup lines were too good! :lol: :hehe:
Just one more game of AoE then I'll go to bed.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

20 Feb 2017, 19:44

pecelot wrote:
Diarouga wrote:1) In my opinion, you shouldn't take the small treasures which are in your base. You only waste time, and give your opponent more time to find important treasures.
That's an extremly common mistake, 75% of the players take the 40f or the 50g with their explorer and the consequences can be big. In a RO16 game in the last tourney (mongo10 vs _H20), mongo went for a small treasure in his base, and then for a vill treasure, but his _H2O could steal it because mongo was 10sec late.
These small treasures are surely good, that's why you want to take the coin treasures with vills (you need less than 10sec, and they're worth 70VS, it's okay), and take the food treasures later, when you have the map scouted.

It's important to note as well that players should not crack-shot these in-base treasure guardians at first, as most likely they'll find better ones out in the field.
One trick here, though, is to actually use the crack-shot when you're going for a TP and you don't have to hurry that much, as after building it your ability will be available again (on a map like High Plains, where you have to walk a bit to a TP).
Another one is to gradually crack-shot guardians of bigger treasures if you can easily secure them. Receiving 320 XP for killing 4 comancheros in the mid-game can be quite nice!

2) Use your scout. It might seem obvious, but there are some things to know.
On a livestock map, you have to rush the cows, on a normal map, try to find treasures.

You should scout with livestock, too. On maps like Tibet or Florida, when you get 2 yaks and a sheep at the start of the game, respectively, you should scout at least the back of your base, or if your opponent has only one explorer, you can go even further, as the risk of losing your herdables then is way lower.

3) Some treasures aren't worth it.
When you want to take a treasure, you should consider two things: the treasure value, but also the time it takes, and the damages you will take.
For example, the cow, the wolf or the bears are bad, the guardians are hard to kill, and the treasure isn't great...

If there are no other treasures on the map and you have some time, you can still get those, as you get additional XP from killing the guardians.

Some are very good too: 140f protected by 1comanchero and 2 coyotes, 125w protected by two polar bears, but they're hard to take, so be careful. Don't try to take it if it's in the middle of the map, you'll likely lose it .

140f is nice to get as you can just tank two coyotes. When I see a good treasure in the middle of the map, I usually go to my opponent's side to be able to spot his explorer coming from his base and the surroundings sooner. You can shoot to one coyote, run back, shoot again, crack-shot the comanchero, finish the weak coyote and then just kill the other one in hand combat.

4) The treasure micro.

For this I'd just recommend linking this video:

video

4) California
Here unfortunately, I can't really help since it's random.

All I can tell is that there are only 2 treasures near the sea, and that the 150w treasure spawns on the North East, if it ever spawns.

I feel like 150w is random, too, I recall encountering it on the grass field in the west as well.

Maps 15.—18. have French descriptions, and the 8th one has both French and English write-ups.

Other than that, I corrected some small spelling mistakes, if you don't mind :smile:

Great job, I really like it, thanks! :flowers:

Or you could join editorial team :flowers:

Pretty please?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 02
ESO: IAmSoldieR

20 Feb 2017, 22:37

milku3459 wrote:
Ashvin wrote:Everything is 10/10 except Milku that filthy cow

Eat me ashvin eat me

I predict your chances of finding your cat will go up 100% after reading my section @giveyouanxiety

@giveuanxiety
United States of America Kappatain
Crossbow
ESO: Kappatain

20 Feb 2017, 22:52

Sounds like Maurice got the Rose Speculation shipment :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
ESOC Media Team
ESO: walnutsh

20 Feb 2017, 23:46

I'm so sick of all this fake news.
You never cover the terrorist attacks in Deccan.
No Flag crjensen4
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: crjensen4

22 Feb 2017, 07:23

Very nice Scouting guide - but my French is a little rusty :P The last maps are mostly covered in French
France P i k i l i c
Lancer
ESO: Pikilic

22 Feb 2017, 09:39

translation of the French part
Your army is so small and quaint. It almost seems a pity to wreck it.
- Napoleon

:hmm: http://imgur.com/a/liXry
No Flag crjensen4
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: crjensen4

22 Feb 2017, 12:37

Thanks!
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02

22 Feb 2017, 21:49

Thanks a lot, @P i k i l i c , I've already replaced the original French comments with your English translation! :flowers:
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! Check out the ESOC Strategy Wall! :flowers:
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02

03 Mar 2017, 22:19

In case someone is interested, @site uploaded Community Challenge recs of mine :hmm:

Forum Info

Return to “News”