Announcing the ESOC Spring Championships 2017! ($1500)

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: Announcing the ESOC Spring Championships 2017! ($1500)

Post by lordraphael »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
Show hidden quotes

i have given my opinion on this matter various times.
Short: more events, lesser prizepool for big events. Ofc if you can afford to throw 1.5 k at one tourney and still fund minor tourneys maybe even 1 day toureny, you can increase the prize pool for the majors as much as you want. But if it goes at the expense of smaller tourneys its bad

Smaller tournies just don't work, we've seen it several times now. Aragun and Jerom have been scheduling for 3 weeks. H2O&Sam forfeit for no apparent reason. And of course a lack of casters since an entire day has to be filled. You can blame the privileged minority for this one who screwed it up for the rest, but we won't be doing any invitationals for a long time.

you think ? Iirc the last 1v1 inviational which diarouga won went pretty smooth
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Smaller tournies just don't work, we've seen it several times now. Aragun and Jerom have been scheduling for 3 weeks. H2O&Sam forfeit for no apparent reason. And of course a lack of casters since an entire day has to be filled. You can blame the privileged minority for this one who screwed it up for the rest, but we won't be doing any invitationals for a long time.

It doesn't mean they were all bad as a whole, though. 2nd Chance Tournament, Starvation were all successful and even site's invitational has already delivered a lot of quality content.

Like I said numerous times, I've always been for organising 3 tournaments per year, ideally skipping summer, with not-that-big prize pools. 2 big events is definitely too few. That said, though, seeing as there's not going to be another tourney until autumn most likely, I agree with the decision to spend more cash on this particular championship, especially considering the aforementioned period of it (last finals 3 month ago already, the upcoming ones probably in 2 months) and sort of a stalemate in EP progress. More money (around 2.5 times as much as in the previous tournament) can motivate more players to sign up, which is what we can see already with a lot of big names already on the list!

Hype! :kinggreen:
Brazil stephenloky
Crossbow
ESO: Stephenloky

Post by stephenloky »

Does I need the Rank 15 in the time I'm registering or the time tourny starts? :P
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

stephenloky wrote:Does I need the Rank 15 in the time I'm registering or the time tourny starts? :P

Registering. The system won't accept your signup, but you've still got a month!
Brazil stephenloky
Crossbow
ESO: Stephenloky

Post by stephenloky »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
stephenloky wrote:Does I need the Rank 15 in the time I'm registering or the time tourny starts? :P

Registering. The system won't accept your signup, but you've still got a month!

Oh rigth! Many thanks !!! I'm excited for this tourny!
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

announce civ rules and if tour will be played on new EP patch let us know when the patch will be released, so people can train accoridngly.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The new patch will be out on Wednesday or Thursday.
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
Show hidden quotes

i have given my opinion on this matter various times.
Short: more events, lesser prizepool for big events. Ofc if you can afford to throw 1.5 k at one tourney and still fund minor tourneys maybe even 1 day toureny, you can increase the prize pool for the majors as much as you want. But if it goes at the expense of smaller tourneys its bad

Smaller tournies just don't work, we've seen it several times now. Aragun and Jerom have been scheduling for 3 weeks. H2O&Sam forfeit for no apparent reason. And of course a lack of casters since an entire day has to be filled. You can blame the privileged minority for this one who screwed it up for the rest, but we won't be doing any invitationals for a long time.

I dont agree invitationals are bad per se, in fact I like them too. Sure they get a little less attention than the major ones, but its still nice for the community i think. Also to, lets say, link the time in between. Perhaps all is needed is some tighter scheduling and admin actions. I know this has been discussed, that its hard with fewer good ppl playing etc. But there should be limits. In the latest rounds perhaps one delay or one reschedule is ok (assuming its known on time), but waiting for 3 weeks is just unacceptable.

And as Wicked has suggested, perhaps a tournament to be held in one weekend (or max 2, but that already makes it a little more complicated) can be interesting. Its sure to go down and if you cant then you dont sign up/checkin, if you are X min too late you are out. Ez. The japanese community has used that format a lot of times, with success. Sure the average Japanese player is more civilized, disciplined and timely compared to the average Western guy, but, it can work :D
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Well with the jap tournaments they dont care if the best players show up or not. Us doing tournaments that way there would never be 1 tournamnet with the top active players. sam, h2o, veni prob only would be like 1 or 2 of the top guys in each one never all of them in 1 tour. Then its like what the hell is the point of the tournaments as they wouldnt show who is the best player, just who gets lucky and has time to play a weekend when a diff top player cant make it.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

Okey, nilla scrub signed up. I don't only need to learn new EP, I need to learn TAD :P
United States of America fearfuloatmeal
Musketeer
ESO: fearfuloatmeal

Post by fearfuloatmeal »

What happens if someone doesn't check in? Does the person they play get a free win? Will a new person be able to sign up to take their place? Or will they get placed with someone else without a partner?
Just one more game of AoE then I'll go to bed.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

fearfuloatmeal wrote:What happens if someone doesn't check in? Does the person they play get a free win? Will a new person be able to sign up to take their place? Or will they get placed with someone else without a partner?

Brackets/Groups are made after check in.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

They won't be in the field.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

So it's starting early April?

As for the next version of EP, let's just say start practicing your Sioux guys

GL
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

omg I hope not, tbh might not even play if sioux is OP xD. The civ is so broken atm and such a dumb civ for an rts game.

Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

We are seeing a veto system on maps, any chance of 1 civ veto as well? Would be great to see people either vetoing their opponents best civ, or taking away something they loathe playing against.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I think that would basically ruin the tournament, actually. Haha
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I think its coincidentally, but I just heard 4 PR 40+ guys that used to play in like 2007 have reinstalled O_O
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Yay for fixing the Sioux! Thanks to all who were part of the patch.

Looking forward to watching the games. Best of luck to you all. Have fun practicing!
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

ya I played two games vs poissondu44 today. his max pr is 39 and he said he recently came back after 4 year break.

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

To tell the truth, I dont wanna see a very strong sioux civ.
This civ is way too annoying. Just run run run, endless raid, kill tons of vils, base trade... Speed is so important in this game, but sioux can easily get immeasureable advantage. What will happen if brit musket has 7.76 speed?!
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Goodspeed wrote:So it's starting early April?

As for the next version of EP, let's just say start practicing your Sioux guys

GL

Can you give us the patch notes now?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

They'll be posted soon enough. In short, for Sioux: teepees now give a gather rate bonus on top of HP.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Goodspeed wrote:They'll be posted soon enough. In short, for Sioux: teepees now give a gather rate bonus on top of HP.

This will be fun.
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

giveuanxiety wrote:ya I played two games vs poissondu44 today. his max pr is 39 and he said he recently came back after 4 year break.

lol such lies, ive defnitely played poisson last year. he quite for a year maybe. not more