BlackStar_OP vs Mitoe

Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Re: BlackStar_OP vs Mitoe

Post by Gichtenlord »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
pecelot wrote:Regardless of players' skills, they're not out of law. If the rules are so simple, it should be easy to obey them. If one players can't submit recorded games, I'm sure there will be 10 other participants who are able to do it. Of course now we're talking hypothetically, as Blackstar thankfully uploaded the games and his case is irrelevant now, but still, my point stands — no tournament staff makes exceptions for good players.

You do realize if all top players just stopped signing up for tournies sort of as a boycott ESOC would die very quickly? It's off topic but in such a small community when's there's 20 real top players you may not want to be banning some of them permantly :D So in that sense top players are indeed above the law.

Dont you think it wouldnt be the same for almost all esports? Atleast for sc2 and csgo (20 best teams here) I could imagine that viewership numbers would immensely go down and csgo scene is very active.
r]
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

For the record, no one mentioned permanent bans. Sorry, it's getting off-topic, let's not discuss it here. :?
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Gichtenlord wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:
pecelot wrote:Regardless of players' skills, they're not out of law. If the rules are so simple, it should be easy to obey them. If one players can't submit recorded games, I'm sure there will be 10 other participants who are able to do it. Of course now we're talking hypothetically, as Blackstar thankfully uploaded the games and his case is irrelevant now, but still, my point stands — no tournament staff makes exceptions for good players.

You do realize if all top players just stopped signing up for tournies sort of as a boycott ESOC would die very quickly? It's off topic but in such a small community when's there's 20 real top players you may not want to be banning some of them permantly :D So in that sense top players are indeed above the law.

Dont you think it wouldnt be the same for almost all esports? Atleast for sc2 and csgo (20 best teams here) I could imagine that viewership numbers would immensely go down and csgo scene is very active.

yeah but those games are way bigger so the DQ or banning of one top player or team is a lot less significant then banning someone like diarouga from aoe3.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

__Uhlan__ wrote:

and where will they go to get free money? lol... ppl crazy. its not like chicks will organize another tourmanent... :uglylol:
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

umeu wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:

and where will they go to get free money? lol... ppl crazy. its not like chicks will organize another tourmanent... :uglylol:

eh I'm a good player without a chance to win any real significant prize money meh
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

point was players need a place like esoc as much as esoc needs players to justify its existence. you may not realise how much work goes into organising even a minor event, and most people dont have the time, skills or motivation to do it. and if one of those 3 is lacking its doomed to fail. so if players would boycot esoc, they would succeed in destroying esoc, but would then be left in a scene that is even more dead. the only reason there is even still moderate high level activity and progress in the meta is because of the tournaments organised by esoc and by pk clan before them. so i think we should be quite grateful to them and ofcourse all the sponsors. but honestly, the sponsors get off quite easy, they donate the money, but dont get any criticism. esoc does all the work, and cant ever do anything right.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

umeu wrote:point was players need a place like esoc as much as esoc needs players to justify its existence. you may not realise how much work goes into organising even a minor event, and most people dont have the time, skills or motivation to do it. and if one of those 3 is lacking its doomed to fail. so if players would boycot esoc, they would succeed in destroying esoc, but would then be left in a scene that is even more dead. the only reason there is even still moderate high level activity and progress in the meta is because of the tournaments organised by esoc and by pk clan before them. so i think we should be quite grateful to them and ofcourse all the sponsors. but honestly, the sponsors get off quite easy, they donate the money, but dont get any criticism. esoc does all the work, and cant ever do anything right.

I don't exactly know where you are at your point in life, but putting in hours into training for a tournament for a chance to win 1500$, which isn't life changing doesn't exactly seem like a efficient way to earn money to me. But yes, what ESOC does is great and the tournaments are super from for me atleast I enjoyed it even though I got knocked out earlier then I would of liked :D my only point was aoe3 is not the gain to put hours of training in if your sole purpose is monetary gain.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
umeu wrote:point was players need a place like esoc as much as esoc needs players to justify its existence. you may not realise how much work goes into organising even a minor event, and most people dont have the time, skills or motivation to do it. and if one of those 3 is lacking its doomed to fail. so if players would boycot esoc, they would succeed in destroying esoc, but would then be left in a scene that is even more dead. the only reason there is even still moderate high level activity and progress in the meta is because of the tournaments organised by esoc and by pk clan before them. so i think we should be quite grateful to them and ofcourse all the sponsors. but honestly, the sponsors get off quite easy, they donate the money, but dont get any criticism. esoc does all the work, and cant ever do anything right.

I don't exactly know where you are at your point in life, but putting in hours into training for a tournament for a chance to win 1500$, which isn't life changing doesn't exactly seem like a efficient way to earn money to me. But yes, what ESOC does is great and the tournaments are super from for me atleast I enjoyed it even though I got knocked out earlier then I would of liked :D my only point was aoe3 is not the gain to put hours of training in if your sole purpose is monetary gain.

But you enjoy playing. Who doesn't like to do something which they enjoy and get payed to do? Also Blackstar probably didn't practice that much.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

__Uhlan__ wrote:

Im not talking about earning money, my first post was a bit of a joke. But im talking about helping in keeping alive something that benefits all of the involved, as opposed to pretending that one party is more important. And honestly it makes more sense to train for 1500 dollars than to boycott it because you think youre born with a right to be a dick (not saying you belie that). I just strongly disagree with your opinion that top players are the only reason for esocs existence, or that esoc cant exist without them, while its so obviously not the case. And i tried to make clear that the only reason you could enter in a fairly alive scene last year is because tournaments have been organised and paid for by non top players mostly, for the past 7 years. And when talking about the tournaments its not so mhch the money involved, but rather the competition which produces new recs and strategies every time.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

umeu wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:

Im not talking about earning money, my first post was a bit of a joke. But im talking about helping in keeping alive something that benefits all of the involved, as opposed to pretending that one party is more important. And honestly it makes more sense to train for 1500 dollars than to boycott it because you think youre born with a right to be a dick (not saying you belie that). I just strongly disagree with your opinion that top players are the only reason for esocs existence, or that esoc cant exist without them, while its so obviously not the case. And i tried to make clear that the only reason you could enter in a fairly alive scene last year is because tournaments have been organised and paid for by non top players mostly, for the past 7 years. And when talking about the tournaments its not so mhch the money involved, but rather the competition which produces new recs and strategies every time.
Nothing more true than this
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

@BlackStar_OP @Mitoe
UI2.2b is released. Please use only this new iteration of the UI to play your games. It fixes some bugs in the UI maps, like potential orchard missing on the map that you have already faced blackstar.
You can download it there : maps.php
Remember that we try to do our best and sometimes in 27 maps, there are still some bug that we try to fix as fast as possible.
Note : you can clean your custom map folder by deleting maps files in My Documents/My Games/Age Of Empires 3/RM3 for RE or My Documents/My Games/Age Of Empires 3/RMF for EP
Good luck guys :smile: