Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: donations - make a list of all

Post by edeholland »

iwillspankyou wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Answer please @Mitoe @n0el @_H2O

never had any issues with H20 - the donations kept updating. When n0el took over, its been :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please try to calm down a little bit, there is no reason to blame anybody. It's has never been updated every single day so there is no reason to make a fuss about it now.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@edeholland Its not transparant - I make a donaton to a "person" - and its not good enough. I should make a donations to ESOC, and the money should show instantly
- like it does in stream?? why should you not do this - and make any donations transparent????
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

kk I made more that 1000 dollars donation mark, for more that a week ago, ???? nothing land happens
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Do you support ESOC and what they do? ESOC tries its best. ESOC's duty is to create and facilitate age of empires content not solely please their largest(?) donor. A donor should donate with this in mind, not solely for recognition. Sure it's okay to broach the topic. You've received a plural of painfully nice responses which have all apologized, detailed the (reasonable) reason, and promised to fix it soon. Ede even said they will work to automate it as you asked. That should be enough to say, "Thank you for listening to me."

Threatening to withhold funds (perfectly reasonable thing to do btw) because of this very minor issue (not so reasonable) strains the relationship between you and the admins and in fact works against your influence.

As far as valid ESOC criticisms go, which there are many, this fails to fall very high on that list. It, frankly, comes off a bit conceited. Everyone knows how valuable your support is and has been. This doesn't give you the right to make demands and be ever unsatisfied with each response.

I say this because no one on the team will.

You're appreciated, spanky! You do not need to worry :flowers:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

deleted_user wrote:Do you support ESOC and what they do? ESOC tries its best. ESOC's duty is to create and facilitate age of empires content not solely please their largest(?) donor. A donor should donate with this in mind, not solely for recognition. Sure it's okay to broach the topic. You've received a plural of painfully nice responses which have all apologized, detailed the (reasonable) reason, and promised to fix it soon. Ede even said they will work to automate it as you asked. That should be enough to say, "Thank you for listening to me."

Threatening to withhold funds (perfectly reasonable thing to do btw) because of this very minor issue (not so reasonable) strains the relationship between you and the admins and in fact works against your influence.

As far as valid ESOC criticisms go, which there are many, this fails to fall very high on that list. It, frankly, comes off a bit conceited. Everyone knows how valuable your support is and has been. This doesn't give you the right to make demands and be ever unsatisfied with each response.

I say this because no one on the team will.

You're appreciated, spanky! You do not need to worry :flowers:

That is no where close to what I was saying, anyway. My only request is that the donations are made transparent. Not hard to grasp :huh:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The front page and donation page are being overhauled at the moment. Hopefully we can make it easier to update donations on that page. If you want to discuss the specifics of your donation amount and validate that with us, we can do that over PM. I appreciate the patience while we are working on it.

Donations are generally transparent. The community knows how close we are to funding events and we also have badges to show off your contributions. Plus we usually maintain a top donors page.

We run on donations and not only us but the whole community appreciates donations. The reason you and others continue to donate after over two years and 10+ events is because the money you donate goes exclusively to funding prizes for events. I hope you can also consider that when you are concerned about donations.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Vinyanenya wrote: soon while the devs work on automating the process.

did not read your post thoroughly enough I guess. that would be an answer to all my request :flowers: And I guess all donations will be there - and not only the top ones :P
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

We will make sure to update everything, of course! No worries, your donations are save! :flowers:
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

This is why Telethon donations are all handled by a third party service. It's quick, safe, and transparent!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:This is why Telethon donations are all handled by a third party service. It's quick, safe, and transparent!

drunk tank
mad cuz bad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:I have made lots of donations - guess you know that. Last one for one week ago. Strangely it doesnt show on my donations list?
It could be some lag? I dont know, but even though I dont feel it safe to donate to esoc anymore, cos I dont know when or what anymore. I would like esoc to make a page where every donation are updated asap :!: should not be hard :!:

Probably because there's no automated system that creates a record of donations in their database and sends those records onto the webpage. I made the original donations page as a static page, because when the site was hosted on proboards, we had no access to the backend/servers, so it was impossible to create an automated system of recording donations. I noticed that they kept that static page until recently when they probably hit a snag with it. Either they couldn't update it anymore, because it relied on a library to draw those graphics, or they wanted to switch to another system. Or they wanted another kind of graphics to represent the current level of donations.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

edeholland wrote:Image

Featuring, in order of appearance: @Business Team @Goodspeed @Media Team @zoom

Love you all :flowers:

Inspired by this thread: viewtopic.php?f=563&t=15092&hilit=prize+pool

hmm, its been 10 months. Did we get a donation list, or more transparency? Did I miss it, or did it not happen, - for some reasons unknown?
I mean, I will prolly donate some more to the next tournament, BUT I do not like the lack of transparency. I have spoken to one other donater, who say he will not donate as long as things are as they are. Just so you know :huh:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@n0el get your shit together and make the list!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@spanky4ever on the new animated overlays we can see your donations, is this not up to date? What is not transparent about your donations?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Kaiserklein wrote:@spanky4ever on the new animated overlays we can see your donations, is this not up to date? What is not transparent about your donations?

I have made plenty of donations, off stream. And it takes ao3s to get them updated. For about 6 monts it has been the same figure -800 dollars to fund this tournament. Then suddenly, it was fully funded, with 400 for the next.
This is what I am talking about. :o
I think it would be a good thing that ppl could see their donations, right away. Good for transparency and good for moral, and the likelyhood they might want to donate some more. Win - Win for us all :P
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well since they worked on having the donations on stream, I'm pretty sure they will fix them soon.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well since they worked on having the donations on stream, I'm pretty sure they will fix them soon.

As I said. its been 10 months - still hoping they will figure it out :P
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

at least 1000 blessings since I arrived back from the dead so where's my recognition
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

@spanky4ever I agree with you and your concern is justified and absolutely legitimate. People need to bear in mind that if it wasn't for her support, we wouldn't have tournaments with a significant prize pool, therefore no top players taking part in them.

Some transparency wouldn't hurt you admins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mimshy for president!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Attachments
39C49093-8E8B-4168-B1C3-B64D5833B601.jpeg
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Djigit wrote:@spanky4ever I agree with you and your concern is justified and absolutely legitimate. People need to bear in mind that if it wasn't for her support, we wouldn't have tournaments with a significant prize pool, therefore no top players taking part in them.

Some transparency wouldn't hurt you admins.

this is not only my concern though :ugeek:
I think esoc are losing donaters from the lack of transparancy. Who would not like to see their donations in a list? And try do overcome the next one on that list?
I just think it could be a really good thing for esoc :ugeek:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I request to have myself included in this list.
[Sith] - Baphomet
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Btw who is in charge of the donation badges ? :)

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

@n0el is in charge of the money management, the badges are something more technical, so for questions you could try sending @EAGLEMUT a message.