Petition to add voobly latter to ESOC links

Actual options as of now

Poll ended at 10 Apr 2018, 17:00

Do nothing
35%
Play on game ranger and get lagged on by random noobs
11%
Play on voobly that has an actual decent ladder system and moderators. And add voobly ladder Quick Link to ESOC
54%

Total votes: 46

Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Petition to add voobly latter to ESOC links

Post by AraGun »

As we have been discussing, we need an alternative/new server to play this game on.

I suggest we add Voobly Ladder to links on left side as a way of showing people that there is an alternative platform to play this on.

If we dont do something soon this game will be forever left to pirate versions on hamatchi and laggy games with random bad players on game ranger and no way of knowing who is who since you can change your name and country freely on game ranger and such.
Voobly is the only logical platform that can flourish and has already been proven to do so by the aoe2 community.

Just by doing this small thing as to adding voobly ladder in the quick links section we can signal to people that there is an alternative server active.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Petition to add voobly latter to ESOC links

Post by edeholland »

I suggest you add a poll then :D
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Why give people a vote when there is really no option? I dont think a poll would help. If we dont do something you can kiss goodbye aoe3.

On second thought I will add a poll so you can see what the actual options are.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Do nothing.
Image Image Image
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Kiss aoe3 goodbye and garja maps goodbye then.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

AraGun wrote:Why give people a vote when there is really no option? I dont think a poll would help. If we dont do something you can kiss goodbye aoe3.

Because there is an option for some people. Maybe not for you, but Kaisers argument about splitting the AoE3 community is a legit thought. You are acting like there are 0 downsides.

Also, you are saying
No one cares about new players this game is far too dead for that im talking about preserving the active players we have now.

but I think there are plenty of members who care about new players. Not everyone on this forum has played AoE3 since 2008.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

edeholland wrote:
AraGun wrote:Why give people a vote when there is really no option? I dont think a poll would help. If we dont do something you can kiss goodbye aoe3.

Because there is an option for some people. Maybe not for you, but Kaisers argument about splitting the AoE3 community is a legit thought. You are acting like there are 0 downsides.

Also, you are saying
No one cares about new players this game is far too dead for that im talking about preserving the active players we have now.

but I think there are plenty of members who care about new players. Not everyone on this forum has played AoE3 since 2008.

How can you split a non existant community? If eso is down what exactly are you splitting?

Also I overreacted about new players.. I understand that many people want to welcome new players I myself have helped alot of people.. But what this is really about is preserving the community as is now.. New players will just join the largest community available. Its more important to actually have one so that they can join it dont ya think?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Eso will not be down forever.
/thread
Image Image Image
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

So when its back up we can play on ESO.. Im only suggesting we add the voobly ladder so that people have it as an alternative when ESO is down.. Come on what can that hurt?
It can also be kind of a fun competition to see who gets top ranking on voobly ladder.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Does Voobly have EP as an option?
Image Image Image
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Voobly is fan patch compatible.

This link here can give you an Idea of how to do it https://www.voobly.com/games/view/68/Game-Mods

Upon further investigation ESOC patch is already added to mods section. EP can easily be downloaded as an add on and selected in the lobby.

Here you can see ESOC Patch as an option https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/809/ESOC-Patch
This was submitted by NICEKings a while back so thanks to him.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Voobly is a great platform but a bit complicated so we see more people on gameranger. Also if you google how to play aoe3 online gameranger comes up so this doesn't help I guess.
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

Don't split the community apart pls
give that guy a manual
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Yep voobly can be customized a lot, for aoe2 you have all sorts of different mods and fan patches available to play with just one click. Also, it uses SP homecities which are easier to level than MP homecities.

Also, imo ESO could be shut down when AoE3 DE comes out. There's no hurry, but it would be nice to be prepared for that in the future, in case AoE3 DE sucks.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

We have a voobly mod here @chronojj
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

I say we be patient. It hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet and theres already discussion about moving to a different gaming platform. Microsoft said they're looking into it. Let's give them some time, and if nothing happens, then I think it would be appropriate to start talking about different platforms.
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I know voobly, played on FP there even. Point is if there is no EP atm it is pointless.
Plus ESO will be fixed soon.
Image Image Image
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

30 active players now on voobly.. Can we get more people there maybe just open voobly asian dynasties general lobby and leave it? So it gets filled with more people. If you wanna go crazy you can even try to play a game there.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Garja wrote:I know voobly, played on FP there even. Point is if there is no EP atm it is pointless.
Plus ESO will be fixed soon.

I can clearly see your posting for shits and giggles.. I just said above EP is fully functional on voobly and is already an option in game lobby.

EP is after all a fan patch?? Do you think EP is an official patch or something? Fan patch means EP and all other patches are available or can be made available if not already on there.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

First of all FP was included by someone and not just by each member. There must be someone in charge willing to adopt it.
Second, EP comes with an update checking launcher, anticheat, extra tools and lot of other stuff that makes it way more tuan a sumple bunch of files.
Third, even if EP was 100% functional at thos very time, ESOC are not going to waste theoe time implementing a voobly ladder just to see ESO up agaon after a couple days or less.
We are not even displaying ESOC own top10 ladder.
Image Image Image
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Cool story bro. I would like to hear some actual positive opinions and not just garja.
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

If anyone else gets this error message when trying to start AoE3 through Voobly - the man, the myth, the @oDanzel found a fix for this :

* Go to wherever you installed Age of Empires, if through steam it's usually found at: C:\\Program\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Age of Empires 3\bin\
Right click on age3y (for asian dynasties) and tick of the box for compatibility mode under the compatibility menu.

* Don't start the game through steam, just make a shortcut of the age3y.exe file and launch Age of empires with it (or through Voobly)
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

tabben wrote:If anyone else gets this error message when trying to start AoE3 through Voobly - the man, the myth, the @oDanzel found a fix for this :

* Go to wherever you installed Age of Empires, if through steam it's usually found at: C:\\Program\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Age of Empires 3\bin\
Right click on age3y (for asian dynasties) and tick of the box for compatibility mode under the compatibility menu.

* Don't start the game through steam, just make a shortcut of the age3y.exe file and launch Age of empires with it (or through Voobly)

Tick off means uncheck btw.
Thanks tabben for this post! will be helpful.
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

AraGun wrote:Tick off means uncheck btw.
Thanks tabben for this post! will be helpful.

Lol yes, that's what i meant :biggrin: Thx for straightening it out!
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I like this thread. Not going to lie every time ESO starts acting up, I bring this topic back to the table. Last time this happened they looked into it and ESO became somewhat stable again, which I suppose is a good thing.

Nonetheless I entirely agree with the OP.

Voobly is a proven platform and currently supports the second most populated RTS out there, AoC.

Voobly allows us to deal with ESO's shortcomings, e.g. invite hacker, ESO going down randomly, being buggy, etc.

EDIT: I FORGOT THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PART OF VOOBLY! you can actually ban moesbar hackers and actually fucking moderate. that's like the biggest pro of them all

Voobly supports EP and TP (which is btw quite active). Could probably be extended to WoL & NE.

The part about the community fracture is a valid point, but I think it's also overstated. If you have AOE3 installed, you automatically have ESO right there. It's a button you click in the actual game. Just because you're on Voobly doesn't mean you lose access to ESO or anything. As long as ESO is up, it'll be right there. Being active on Voobly isn't exclusive to being active on ESO. There's a proven platform, right here, right now. It's way more reliable than ESO and frankly it's a much better platform. Rather than people log off and go do something productive with their lives when ESO has one of its fits, we could just start voobly and play there.

I frankly don't see the harm in just starting to work with Voobly without committing to it. All we'd have to do is start with adding links on ESOC to voobly. Maybe bundle it with the launcher (instead of gameranger which is garbage), etc. There's stuff that can be done with intelligent compromise. I just think it's silly to complete stomp the idea into the ground flatly without even giving it a chance. This is just a conservative mentality that gets us no-where (also present when we discuss unbanning people btw).

Also looking at poll results... all I can say is power to the people. Let's actually get the ball rolling on closer cooperation with Voobly and see where it goes. There's nothing to lose.