Petition to add voobly latter to ESOC links

Actual options as of now

Poll ended at 10 Apr 2018, 17:00

Do nothing
35%
Play on game ranger and get lagged on by random noobs
11%
Play on voobly that has an actual decent ladder system and moderators. And add voobly ladder Quick Link to ESOC
54%

Total votes: 46

Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Re: Petition to add voobly latter to ESOC links

Post by gryphoon94 »

kami_ryu wrote:I like this thread. Not going to lie every time ESO starts acting up, I bring this topic back to the table. Last time this happened they looked into it and ESO became somewhat stable again, which I suppose is a good thing.

Nonetheless I entirely agree with the OP.

Voobly is a proven platform and currently supports the second most populated RTS out there, AoC.

Voobly allows us to deal with ESO's shortcomings, e.g. invite hacker, ESO going down randomly, being buggy, etc.

EDIT: I FORGOT THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PART OF VOOBLY! you can actually ban moesbar hackers and actually fucking moderate. that's like the biggest pro of them all

Voobly supports EP and TP (which is btw quite active). Could probably be extended to WoL & NE.

The part about the community fracture is a valid point, but I think it's also overstated. If you have AOE3 installed, you automatically have ESO right there. It's a button you click in the actual game. Just because you're on Voobly doesn't mean you lose access to ESO or anything. As long as ESO is up, it'll be right there. Being active on Voobly isn't exclusive to being active on ESO. There's a proven platform, right here, right now. It's way more reliable than ESO and frankly it's a much better platform. Rather than people log off and go do something productive with their lives when ESO has one of its fits, we could just start voobly and play there.

I frankly don't see the harm in just starting to work with Voobly without committing to it. All we'd have to do is start with adding links on ESOC to voobly. Maybe bundle it with the launcher (instead of gameranger which is garbage), etc. There's stuff that can be done with intelligent compromise. I just think it's silly to complete stomp the idea into the ground flatly without even giving it a chance. This is just a conservative mentality that gets us no-where (also present when we discuss unbanning people btw).

Also looking at poll results... all I can say is power to the people. Let's actually get the ball rolling on closer cooperation with Voobly and see where it goes. There's nothing to lose.

Heres the problem, when ESO inevitable comes up, we've just split the community. Its hard enough already getting games on a centralized platform, but now introducing voobly would make it even harder IMO. Of course if eso doesn't come back, voobly would be the right way to go, but it has just been 24 hrs since eso server have gone off. I say we be patient before proceeding.
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Yeah and I'm sayin I don't agree with that assessment. I think the split issue is overstated. We're already super decentralized in any case so what's another split? May as well make it so that one of the splits is top quality. EP and proper maps, proper servers, as well as no moesbar nonsense. Invite spammer is a joke on a platform that's actually moderated which is Voobly. ESO is a dying piece of crap and our game deserves better. :/

All I can do is point to AoC
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

If ESO issues didn't last so long I could understand just waiting, but over an entire day straight is just ridiculous, especially because the game is still actively being sold.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:If ESO issues didn't last so long I could understand just waiting, but over an entire day straight is just ridiculous, especially because the game is still actively being sold.

Because its being actively sold, I think that displays Microsoft's interest in it. I feel positive that they will fix it soon.
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

yeah Voobly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GR, I don't know how you can deny this, it works perfectly for AoE2
we even have NiceKing on our side
my name is pecelot and I approve this message
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

AraGun wrote:Kiss aoe3 goodbye and garja maps goodbye then.

Kiss Garja poll options goodbye
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ESO IS UP
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Ofc its still being sold.. Microsoft just wants money lol why would they ever stop selling it? Maybe of someone posted on the correct forums that this game has no support and is dying bla bla they would look into fixing the issues since they would fear they wont sell any more copies.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

yawn
Image Image Image
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Garja wrote:yawn

MEOW
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Since Microsoft likely won't care about the invite spammer, there's definitely an upside of using Voobly.

Right now broadcasting of streams as well as watching them has become a shittier experience because of streamer being kicked off and having to switch account etc. Starting a stream today is basically accepting that you'll have to spend 10 times normal time on finding a game.

It was somewhat of a problem during last tournament iirc, and the spammer has ruined some castings since then. With this in mind I think this Voobly thing is for the better..

One problem of course is that you have create new decks and homecities but it's really not that time consuming and there's no need for XP mod (which requires 2 ppl) as you just need to modify a text file on your computer.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Eso back up for 30 min now its back down..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

People arguing for voobly really don't get the point lol. It's really easy to understand though: people are lazy and don't like to change their habits. Voobly could give free blowjobs, most people would still stay on eso. It's just annoying to move to another platform and learn how it works, and to leave the eso community to join a new one. "yeah but if everyone just moved we would have the same community, but on voobly" => let's be realistic, this will never happen. As I said already somewhere, if people can't even be arsed to play on the EP (objectively a patch with better balance and maps, an anti cheat and some new features), how can we expect them to switch to another platform? This is like communism, it sounds cool on paper, but it just doesn't work when applied.

So yeah, if eso dies for good, then sure people will find an alternative, like voobly. Until that, moving to voobly would only split the community and make things more complicated.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I would play on voobly if it gave free blowjobs
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

My biggest gripe with Voobly is that it's really hard for newer players to find out about it. Newer players are always going to be playing on ESO or GameRanger, and there's simply no way to get around this.

It might be a good alternative for tournaments, though, if the invite spamming thing persists.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I've never been attacked by the spammer, but if I were streaming and it happened, I'd either go on voobly or stop playing this game entirely.. when in the mood to stream, it'd be a massive buzzkill and it's ridiculous that this is allowed with zero reppurcussions. Not worth my time.

The only hope worth holding out on is that there may be an aoe3 DE where there is a small chance they moderate (doubtful) oh, and pray they still use ESO, because every other remake had it's own new browser looking server that suck azz.

Other than that little hope, it only makes sense to go to voobly.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I think it's yet again all about what would happen if ESO were to be shut down. Moreover, with the DE coming, I think we might see some improvements, eventually.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Kaiserklein wrote:People arguing for voobly really don't get the point lol. It's really easy to understand though: people are lazy and don't like to change their habits. Voobly could give free blowjobs, most people would still stay on eso. It's just annoying to move to another platform and learn how it works, and to leave the eso community to join a new one. "yeah but if everyone just moved we would have the same community, but on voobly" => let's be realistic, this will never happen. As I said already somewhere, if people can't even be arsed to play on the EP (objectively a patch with better balance and maps, an anti cheat and some new features), how can we expect them to switch to another platform? This is like communism, it sounds cool on paper, but it just doesn't work when applied.

So yeah, if eso dies for good, then sure people will find an alternative, like voobly. Until that, moving to voobly would only split the community and make things more complicated.

The argument isn't to migrate to Voobly entirely.

The argument is to get in touch with them as a service and make it more visible to people. Have closer ties with that platform and actually invest in cooperation with it. A switch from ESO to Voobly is unrealistic, but seeing Voobly as a secondary and viable platform to find games is absolutely tangible. You can already find games on Voobly (not as easily as on ESO) so it would make sense to make Voobly more visible and start real cooperation with them. Right now, we have at best a Voobly moderator on the forums. We can do more without quitting ESO completely.

Essentially, I'm not arguing for Voobly. I'm arguing for ESO and Voobly. The naysayers are arguing for only ESO.

Also Voobly would probably get more attention if it were EP only and had actual moderation (e.g. moesbar hackers get banned). People would go there first to try to get games because the QoL is way better if you can play the game without worrying about running into cheaters and hackers.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

kami_ryu wrote:
Also Voobly would probably get more attention if it were EP only and had actual moderation (e.g. moesbar hackers get banned). People would go there first to try to get games because the QoL is way better if you can play the game without worrying about running into cheaters and hackers.

EP lobby is possible. Moesbar hackers do get banned there if someone reports them with enough evidence.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

kami_ryu wrote:The argument isn't to migrate to Voobly entirely.

The argument is to get in touch with them as a service and make it more visible to people. Have closer ties with that platform and actually invest in cooperation with it. A switch from ESO to Voobly is unrealistic, but seeing Voobly as a secondary and viable platform to find games is absolutely tangible. You can already find games on Voobly (not as easily as on ESO) so it would make sense to make Voobly more visible and start real cooperation with them. Right now, we have at best a Voobly moderator on the forums. We can do more without quitting ESO completely.

Essentially, I'm not arguing for Voobly. I'm arguing for ESO and Voobly. The naysayers are arguing for only ESO.

Well, you are arguing for that. And I am perfectly fine with having voobly as a backup in case eso gets too shitty.
However, by reading the OP it felt more like he wants to switch to voobly completely asap, because of one no-life nerd spamming invites and ESO being down for 24h. This is just overreaction and counter productive. It's also exactly what this dumbass wants: people thinking that he's a dangerous hacker (when in fact he probably just made a simple click program to spam invites) and giving up with playing on ESO. It's just giving him a good reason to keep on going, instead of discouraging him.

On another topic, this is linked with people directly jumping on the conclusion that "the invite hacker ddos'ed ESO !!!!!" when in fact it was probably just a small hiccup. I've seen tons of people saying that, without any evidence. ESO is working perfectly fine now. There were even like 5-10 threads on these forums about this, when in fact 1 day later we can play without any problem. It's just annoying to see everyone go crazy and actually kind of give credit to that kid for "hacking" the system. He's just a loser and I doubt he's able to dos eso.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Relevant: https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/ ... bly_staff/

I don't agree with a complete switch. Let's just kind of cooperate with Voobly more closely and see where it goes from there.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

gross
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Wait that's kind of ridiculous.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Doesn't that kind of align with the whole thing about Voobly being overbearing?

wellp