Add a second button to switch between pages

Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

First of all I want to say that this is great website. It's very professional made and even reacts to recommendations. I'm only criticizing a very small thing. The community is getting bigger and there are a lot of threads with more than one page. So if you could add a button at the bottom of each page that would be great. Otherwise I have to scroll to the top each time I read a page to switch between pages which is a bit annoying.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

The top button actually moves along with your screen as you scroll down. But it's hard to notice.

Btw, there is a "site suggestions" board ')
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

neuron wrote:Thanks. There was a lot of work to get it to this shape, and it''s still not free from problems. Well, there is something you can do about this:

As you scroll down on the page in a thread with more pages, that bar on the top with the pages numbers follows your scrolling. So it stays fixed on the top of the screen, even when you reach the bottom of the screen. So you can still reach it and turn to the next page. If you need a quick way to go to the top of the page, there is a back-to-top button which appears automatically once you''re getting far from the top of the page. You can see this button on the bottom right side.

I thought about moving that bar with the pages buttons, but there''s no direct way of modifying it, it comes from the backend of the site, which we don''t control. It''s part of the basic forum software used by forums.net, where we are hosted right now.

Sorry :/ thy for moving it
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I changed posts per page to 30 and we'll see if people get slow load times because of it, but I doubt it.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

it's much better this way :)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Good