Add this stream plz

France iNcog
Ninja

Add this stream plz

Post by iNcog »

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Add this stream plz

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

France iNcog
Ninja

Add this stream plz

Post by iNcog »

it's friggin' musket

of course he needs a spot
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Add this stream plz

Post by gibson »

I think just the ones who stream regularly should be on there aka interjection, h20, stanley winston and maybe a few more.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Add this stream plz

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

neuron wrote:Can you guys promise you''ll stream regularly, ie not every month? Our list keeps growing, I''m not even sure how it will display on small resolution screens. I need to think of a way to have only live streams show up there.
I stream few days or so, depends on who else is online.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Add this stream plz

Post by Mimsy for President »

Bart331 &' Bobabu stream quite regularly

http://www.twitch.tv/bart331
http://www.twitch.tv/bobabu1
No Flag Bobtan_OP
Crossbow

Add this stream plz

Post by Bobtan_OP »

No Flag blackstarop
Skirmisher

Add this stream plz

Post by blackstarop »

bobtanop wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/bobtan0202

Lol.
France iNcog
Ninja

Add this stream plz

Post by iNcog »

gibson wrote:I think just the ones who stream regularly should be on there aka interjection, h20, stanley winston and maybe a few more.

when it''s not tournament games interjection streams weird ffas or hearthstone

there is literally no fucking reason you wouldn''t add players like bart or musket to the featured streams list. the reason that list was put there in the first place (2 months ago when I helped set things up as admin) was to give people aoe3 streams to watch. so the ideal thing to do would be list as many people as possible, this INCREASES the chances of a stream being live when people come to ESOC. this gives the impression that ESOC is an active community site, which it is. NO ONE streams regularly enough compared to others to deserve a "featured" spot. everyone streams about the same, maybe samwise and veni stream a bit more but that''s pretty much it.

the idea is that someone who comes to esoc can take a quick glance at the sidebar and see that someone is streaming. they can just start watching that stream.

I see no reason whatsoever not to add bart and musket. these aren''t pr05 plebs who are learning the game they''re established community members. there''s no reason not to add them because they "don''t stream regularly", lol what. ESOC is in no position to start nit-picking about who deserves to be featured or not.

if the sidebar is starting to get cluttered in terms of streams then find a way to make sure that only the live streams show up, just like team liquid. in the mean time, anyone over pr25 who might stream one day should have their friggin'' stream listed, so that the day they DO decide to stream at least people will see it. that includes Doctor bramboy

yeezus
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Add this stream plz

Post by edeholland »

Doesn't matter, it's good to have famous names in the list, it looks cooler for new people here. As long as there is space, add them if you ask me.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Add this stream plz

Post by musketjr »

neuron wrote:
incog wrote:if the sidebar is starting to get cluttered in terms of streams then find a way to make sure that only the live streams show up
This is what I will try to do, when I have the time. I think a mixed list would be OK, in which we could have a fixed list of high level players or very popular streams and a supplementary list of PR25+ players who will have their stream show up only when theyre live. But remember we are working with those nice Proboards plugins...( (puke) )

Im not sure musket will play anymore or when. If he plays and streams regularly, he would surely get added. I asked him twice, I got no answer. Garja also once asked to have his stream added to the list, then he never streamed.
yea sorry, turned skype off when playing then forgot to reply. i should stream once or twice a week.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Add this stream plz

Post by _H2O »

Neuron is making good points. We discussed this as a group.

The idea is that select streamers who are very well known for streaming would always be listed and those who are more infrequent would pop up whenever they go live. The only reason we had to talk this through is that it is a sidebar. It is not meant to list every person who wants to be on the board. We want the sidebar to be as helpful as possible to people visiting the site, and if it the list gets too long then it won't be.
France iNcog
Ninja

Add this stream plz

Post by iNcog »

I disagree. Again I'm not talking about corporal plebs here or anything, there are plenty of players who deserve to have their stream listed on this site so that the AoE3 community is aware that they're streaming.

If you want to avoid sidebar clutter then that is perfectly understandable, however snubbing people's streams isn't the right solution. The right solution is the technical one which simply doesn't list people who aren't streaming.

As such, if the goal is have ESOC grow, then you should be able to find ANYTHING AoE3 related' and that includes streams. You might not be interested in a captain level player streaming his games and talking about the game, however there are 10 conscripts who would love to pick up tips and discuss the game with a captain. Hell, even a corporal level player should be allowed to stream his FFAs or treaty games, because people who enjoy AoE3 may also enjoy that. It's win-win-win. For the streamer, for the viewers and for ESOC. Everyone wins, there is NO reason WHATSOEVER to snub ANY stream. Anyone who comes to ESOC should be able to quickly see who is streaming AoE3. That is what a community is.

I could eventually understand the need to separate a samwise stream from a corp-FFA stream, however this could easily be done by dividing the stream list into "featured streamer" and "community streams".

In the mean time I find the decision to snub Bart, MusketJr, Bobabu and Bramboy quite questionable. I would have added their streams now and then worked out a solution to fix clutter later. It's not like ESOC is "too good" for it. ESOC is still a very young site and while it's growing, it's important to maintain that growth with content. The streams of the 4 players I've listed are such content which should not be ignored.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Add this stream plz

Post by _H2O »

Correct, we will get there. We have not even had the time to discuss adding people on trial or anything yet as an intermediate solution.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Add this stream plz

Post by lemmings121 »

imo let the list become huge, so its easy to see if there is anyone online..
just order them by rating, making sure top players are above others..

If there is a way to hide offline channels, even better, then we can have fruiting 400 channels on the bar if needed..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Add this stream plz

Post by gibson »

It's just not practical to add everyone who streams to the list which will eventually become so fucking long its taken over the entire sidebar. Maybe have featured streamers on the side and then an option to expand the list or link to a complete list imo
France iNcog
Ninja

Add this stream plz

Post by iNcog »

It looks like we all pretty much agree on the same thing, so I guess all is well. Since this is more of a technical problem than one based on decisions.

I feel it's an important issue since streams are currently underused in AoE3 and I sincerely wish more people would stream. It's why I'm thrilled to log on and see that Aiz-senpai, Boneng and GUA are all streaming at the same time. It's great to see things coming together. I'm less thrilled that I need to go to dinner.

Pardon my French btw, I'm very passionate about streams since it's a feature I've been looking at since day 1.
No Flag elpistolero
Crossbow

Add this stream plz

Post by elpistolero »

blackstar wrote:
bobtanop wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/bobtan0202
Lol.
+lol.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Add this stream plz

Post by _H2O »

incog wrote:It looks like we all pretty much agree on the same thing, so I guess all is well. Since this is more of a technical problem than one based on decisions.

I feel it''s an important issue since streams are currently underused in AoE3 and I sincerely wish more people would stream. It''s why I''m thrilled to log on and see that Aiz-senpai, Boneng and GUA are all streaming at the same time. It''s great to see things coming together. I''m less thrilled that I need to go to dinner.

Pardon my French btw, I''m very passionate about streams since it''s a feature I''ve been looking at since day 1.

Its the right thing to be focused on. We will get there.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Add this stream plz

Post by bart331 »

tbh i couldnt care less :), normally if i want to see a nice stream on twitch i just select twitch.tv and search on asian dynasites. Then i can just select the games i wanna see , plus you see a lot of new / unknown people which is pretty cool.

Though for newer players i think any streaming content is fun
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Add this stream plz

Post by Mimsy for President »

Save your clicks Bart, add this to your bookmarks http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Age ... 0Dynasties