Treaty section

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Treaty section

Post by momuuu »

We discussed this earlier, and decided there wasn't much reason to add a treaty section. However due to the treaty tournement, and other unknown factors, there has been a pretty big influx of treaty players here and some treaty topics have popped up left and right. I think it'd be appropriate to add a treaty section at this point.

thoughts?
No Flag lukasl99
Musketeer

Treaty section

Post by lukasl99 »

Even if it won't be as populated as the sup section it would still have a positive effect on the population! Is there anything reasonable argument against it?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Treaty section

Post by gibson »

lukasl99 wrote:Even if it won''t be as populated as the sup section it would still have a positive effect on the population! Is there anything reasonable argument against it?

-treaty is for noobs- every sup player who lost to a 1st lt in the tr tournament
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Treaty section

Post by momuuu »

lukasl99 wrote:Even if it won''t be as populated as the sup section it would still have a positive effect on the population! Is there anything reasonable argument against it?
Our dicktator doesn''t like treaty anymore :p

Nah, dont see much against it really. Would be nice if more treaty players became more active.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Treaty section

Post by Mitoe »

Wouldn't it be simpler to just use the AoE3 Strategy section and add a [TREATY] tag to the beginning of your thread's title?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Treaty section

Post by momuuu »

mitoe wrote:Wouldn''t it be simpler to just use the AoE3 Strategy section and add a [TREATY] tag to the beginning of your thread''s title?
To me, that sounds more complicated.

People have a lot of troubles choosing the right section anyways, I''m sure they won''t add treaty to it. Then some of the nice and active moderators can move the treaty related topics that were misplaced to the treaty section.

I bet there are some people around that would be willing to parcipate in treaty topics, but dont want to skim through all of the threads in the strategy sectin to find the treaty threads (that surely wont be labeled correctly), and thus would participate more if there were to be a seperate treaty section. Also, there would be more incentive for people with questions about treaty to create treaty topics.

I don''t think that there are any real downsides to it. And I personally don''t even care about the treaty topics, I probably wont post in them. Just think it''ll have a positive influence on the community.
No Flag lukasl99
Musketeer

Treaty section

Post by lukasl99 »

gibson wrote:
lukasl99 wrote:Even if it wont be as populated as the sup section it would still have a positive effect on the population! Is there anything reasonable argument against it?
-treaty is for noobs- every sup player who lost to a 1st lt in the tr tournament
Thats why I said "reasonable argument" :P
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Treaty section

Post by purplesquid »

I personally think that treaty has a large enough following to warrant there own section. Could even have a treaty/death match section if you really wanted to. . .
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Treaty section

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The general and strategy board aren't supremacy boards. Making two seperate board would divide the supremacy and treaty community even more.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Treaty section

Post by thebritish »

OR just add Treaty subforum in aoe3 General
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
France iNcog
Ninja

Treaty section

Post by iNcog »

bramboy wrote:The general and strategy board aren''t supremacy boards. Making two seperate board would divide the supremacy and treaty community even more.

Pretty much this.

We definitely want to be inclusive and have everyone on board. We don''t want to split things however.

It''s something we''ve taken into consideration in the past and so far I still think it''s the right call not to split Supremacy and Treaty.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Treaty section

Post by momuuu »

bramboy wrote:The general and strategy board aren''t supremacy boards. Making two seperate board would divide the supremacy and treaty community even more.

I disagree, technically the community is split anyways. Treaty players dont care about sup related topics and sup players dont care about sup related topics. Yet you all come together on one side, participate in the same general discussion, news discussion and off topic sections.

On agecomm treaty and sup were split, but I never experienced anything like a split community, except for the fact that I barely played with the treaty players on eso. Thats the only split there is, and itll just stay there no matter what happens. But you know, I actually ended up playing quite some treaty games because I wanted to play with the people I got to know on the forums.

I think a treaty section will bring the entire treaty community to this forum and will result in them posting more actively, not only in the treaty section but also in the other sections.
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Treaty section

Post by illmatic »

i agree with jerom even though i feel like he will troll the treaty section just like on age com XD. nah jerom changed though.
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
No Flag v1pus
Skirmisher

Treaty section

Post by v1pus »

Treaty section would be cool, but SUP players are lame and just flame every time.

wcyd

I can understand why players play both game types and don't need to moan which one sucks more.
France iNcog
Ninja

Treaty section

Post by iNcog »

just to keep people posted

we are sort of thinking about re-arranging forums
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Treaty section

Post by momuuu »

v1pus wrote:Treaty section would be cool, but SUP players are lame and just flame every time.

wcyd

I can understand why players play both game types and don''t need to moan which one sucks more.
I think this only happened in this one thread which was dedicated to discussing it.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Treaty section

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Agreed, I don't want treaty topics polluting the general/strategy subforums, it would be so much easier to ignore them if they were in a separate section.
France iNcog
Ninja

Treaty section

Post by iNcog »

treaty ghetto? -_-
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Treaty section

Post by Good ol Ivan »

incog wrote:treaty ghetto? -_-
Yeah that would significantly improve the rest of the forums.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Treaty section

Post by Metis »

The treaty community may not be as big as the Supremacy community now but the Treaty section of Agecomm was once well-read and quite active. In fact, the treaty section had 43 percent more posts than the Supremacy section. It is confusing mixing Treaty and Supremacy strategies into one forum because they are vastly different. I think that a Treaty Strategy forum would enhance this site considerably.
No Flag v1pus
Skirmisher

Treaty section

Post by v1pus »

This is an age of empires forum? Currently hosting a treaty cup. Only one thing left...treaty section?!
France iNcog
Ninja

Treaty section

Post by iNcog »

^I guess we should remove the ability for guests to post in this forum.

Yeah a proper treaty section and everything else is something we've been thinking about. However implementing this is something we'd rather at the same time as other revisions we have in mind.