TOTD Suggestion

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: TOTD Suggestion

Post by Kaiserklein »

noissance wrote:We gather all tips from many players and collect several. Display them daily and run them through a loop. How does this sound?

It would be nice (way nicer than partly false tips, spammed every day, not explained, written by 1 random guy) but I guess it would require much work for the admins to set it up. That's sad cause I'm sure it would be a really good thing for these forums

If you want to motivate the admins tho, it would be a good thing to open a thread where we can collect tips that are acknowledged as always true for any skill level. Then if they believe those tips are good who knows they might use them
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Im not saying to do it daily lol collect a bunch of tips from players and sort it out..
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Kaiserklein wrote:
noissance wrote:We gather all tips from many players and collect several. Display them daily and run them through a loop. How does this sound?

It would be nice (way nicer than partly false tips, spammed every day, not explained, written by 1 random guy) but I guess it would require much work for the admins to set it up. That's sad cause I'm sure it would be a really good thing for these forums

If you want to motivate the admins tho, it would be a good thing to open a thread where we can collect tips that are acknowledged as always true for any skill level. Then if they believe those tips are good who knows they might use them

Now it's only partly false instead of completely false so there's improvement. I disagree they the tips must always be true for them to be broadcasted.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

gustavusadolphus wrote:
zoom wrote:
noissance wrote:Guys this is not JUST cheadar's tips its ESOC official tips of the day. We can have a tier system to those too, so you can filter out stuff you already know.

Cheadar got the ball rolling and we need to pick it up!

I disagree. We really don't. It's not important enough.

Zoom just shuts things down. I wish he and others like him would a little more friendly, just a little.

I've no idea what other "things" you are even talking about, but I'm not shutting this down: I'm saying I think it's a good idea but not enough of a priority.

Wow...
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

zoom wrote:
gustavusadolphus wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Zoom just shuts things down. I wish he and others like him would a little more friendly, just a little.

I've no idea what other "things" you are even talking about, but I'm not shutting this down: I'm saying I think it's a good idea but not enough of a priority.

Wow...

Tips will help new players improve and win more games thus getting them more interested in the game. So it should be priority.

United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

Kaiserklein wrote:

As far as any skill level I don't think the tips need to meet this criteria. The people who need the tips are the lower level new players. The tips only need to be relevant for them.
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

@Moderators, would you consider 'stickying' a tip compilation thread, given it has sufficient tip quality?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

noissance wrote:@Moderators, would you consider 'stickying' a tip compilation thread, given it has sufficient tip quality?

There's a chance they'll just move it to off topic and claim it's somehow not related to AoE!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

evilcheadar wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

Now it's only partly false instead of completely false so there's improvement. I disagree they the tips must always be true for them to be broadcasted.

I've always said there are partly false, except a few ones. Why do you always distort the truth ? http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4408&start=40, 8th post
Ah so you think saying half true things is fine ? Wow

gustavusadolphus wrote:As far as any skill level I don't think the tips need to meet this criteria. The people who need the tips are the lower level new players. The tips only need to be relevant for them.

First of all, what are "low level players" ? Even there, there are different skill levels. So you need to make tips that are true for different levels. Then, improving doesn't mean getting tips to beat noobs... The aim is to improve the "nice way". For example if you want a pr 15 to beat people of his level, you can just tell him to take otto in qs and jan rush. He will win more games for sure. But is that what we want ? No, we want him to begin right now to play the right way, meaning acquiring the good reflexes. For example, using control groups is typically a tip that applies to any level, and you can start learning that even if you're new. They reduce the amount of apm you need with the mouse, it's just about getting used to it ; which is why the earlier you start, the better.
Anyway a tip is always something that will be true for any skill level...

noissance wrote:Im not saying to do it daily lol collect a bunch of tips from players and sort it out..

Where did you actually read that ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

@kaiserklein I assumed zoom meant we do it all in a day or something lol
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I think you have the wrong idea of what "daily" means.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

:x
zoom wrote:I think you have the wrong idea of what "daily" means.

Figure tips out beforehand, prepare a loop for the function, and you have the TOTD set in stone...
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Kaiserklein wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I've always said there are partly false, except a few ones. Why do you always distort the truth ? http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4408&start=40, 8th post
Ah so you think saying half true things is fine ? Wow

gustavusadolphus wrote:As far as any skill level I don't think the tips need to meet this criteria. The people who need the tips are the lower level new players. The tips only need to be relevant for them.

First of all, what are "low level players" ? Even there, there are different skill levels. So you need to make tips that are true for different levels. Then, improving doesn't mean getting tips to beat noobs... The aim is to improve the "nice way". For example if you want a pr 15 to beat people of his level, you can just tell him to take otto in qs and jan rush. He will win more games for sure. But is that what we want ? No, we want him to begin right now to play the right way, meaning acquiring the good reflexes. For example, using control groups is typically a tip that applies to any level, and you can start learning that even if you're new. They reduce the amount of apm you need with the mouse, it's just about getting used to it ; which is why the earlier you start, the better.
Anyway a tip is always something that will be true for any skill level...

noissance wrote:Im not saying to do it daily lol collect a bunch of tips from players and sort it out..

Where did you actually read that ?

Someone definitely has been saying they are "completely false" but I guess it's not you, although you seem very much against TOTD.

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

noissance wrote:@kaiserklein I assumed zoom meant we do it all in a day or something lol

I don't think he meant anything like that. He just said it would take too much time. I personally believe it wouldn't be so long to set up (even checking the tips wouldn't be very long), but there is the tourney happening atm so I guess it's not the right time to launch it.

evilcheadar wrote:Someone definitely has been saying they are "completely false" but I guess it's not you, although you seem very much against TOTD.

I am because
1) Those tips aren't tips, they're facts
2) A few of them are false, a few of them are true, most of them are partly false (I detailed you what tips were at least partly false previously, because you asked me. You didn't really give a clear answer about those arguments tho...)
3) You spam them everyday, which is very annoying
4) You present them as an absolute truth, while they are very arguable
5) You're being so arrogant and annoying about them, all the time, and acting as a victim, that it makes me want to put your head under a rock and jump on it, while farting. Then you will have true reasons to complain at least
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Kaiserklein wrote:
noissance wrote:@kaiserklein I assumed zoom meant we do it all in a day or something lol

I don't think he meant anything like that. He just said it would take too much time. I personally believe it wouldn't be so long to set up (even checking the tips wouldn't be very long), but there is the tourney happening atm so I guess it's not the right time to launch it.

evilcheadar wrote:Someone definitely has been saying they are "completely false" but I guess it's not you, although you seem very much against TOTD.

I am because
1) Those tips aren't tips, they're facts
2) A few of them are false, a few of them are true, most of them are partly false (I detailed you what tips were at least partly false previously, because you asked me. You didn't really give a clear answer about those arguments tho...)
3) You spam them everyday, which is very annoying
4) You present them as an absolute truth, while they are very arguable
5) You're being so arrogant and annoying about them, all the time, and acting as a victim, that it makes me want to put your head under a rock and jump on it, while farting. Then you will have true reasons to complain at least

It wouldn't be TOTD if they are posted any less than once a week. I think you can handle one TOTD a day. I must defend the tips, as arrogant and annoying people come at me and tell me I'm a know nothing giving completely false tips. For one thing 0 of the tips are completely false.

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

I typed a long post to argue that, but I deleted it because it isn't worth the effort. Many people and many times the tips have been proven to be either dead wrong or mostly incorrect and not a good tip. If you can't realize it by now the troll is real.
mad cuz bad
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

n0eL wrote:I typed a long post to argue that, but I deleted it because it isn't worth the effort. Many people and many times the tips have been proven to be either dead wrong or mostly incorrect and not a good tip. If you can't realize it by now the troll is real.

Now, what really happened was you typed a long post than thought damn this post will be moronic if I post it so I won't. Saying it isn't worth the effort seems to make me look smart anyway so it's best I don't look like a total goober. I've engaged the arguments that say a tip is totally false already, if i missed one than bring it up.

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

evilcheadar wrote:It wouldn't be TOTD if they are posted any less than once a week. I think you can handle one TOTD a day. I must defend the tips, as arrogant and annoying people come at me and tell me I'm a know nothing giving completely false tips. For one thing 0 of the tips are completely false.

See the bolded part ? Again, you act like you knew all the truth. What about CA, which don't suck at all ? You decided they sucked, doesn't mean they do, so stop saying you're 100% right all the time please... That sucks, because we both know that you're not at all a pro, yet you won't admit that some totds are false. And even a pro won't be always 100% sure about the game, because nobody is... Look how the top players are arguing about some facts, let's say whether russia is good or not. One day you will come with TOTD #632 Russia is bad ?
Maybe people were arrogant and annoying with you, but what do you expect when you spam false "tips" and present them as The Truth ?
Btw you answered approx only half of my arguments
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Kaiserklein wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:It wouldn't be TOTD if they are posted any less than once a week. I think you can handle one TOTD a day. I must defend the tips, as arrogant and annoying people come at me and tell me I'm a know nothing giving completely false tips. For one thing 0 of the tips are completely false.

See the bolded part ? Again, you act like you knew all the truth. What about CA, which don't suck at all ? You decided they sucked, doesn't mean they do, so stop saying you're 100% right all the time please... That sucks, because we both know that you're not at all a pro, yet you won't admit that some totds are false. And even a pro won't be always 100% sure about the game, because nobody is... Look how the top players are arguing about some facts, let's say whether russia is good or not. One day you will come with TOTD #632 Russia is bad ?
Maybe people were arrogant and annoying with you, but what do you expect when you spam false "tips" and present them as The Truth ?

I never say any TOTD are 100% true, I've said many times in the past that yes people can come up with situations where cav archer and other cards are useful, hell I've said they were pretty effective vs my gendarmes in my six hour game thread. They are very much the exception to the rule, according to myself, evilcheadar and even top level player like H20 who've I've mentioned like a billion times has agreed with my tips. Also no, I don't see anywhere that says tips must always, always be true.

United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

Id like to add the purpose of tips io would like to see is for people who know nothing of the game.
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Well the tips of the day will be stopping and will be replaced by tips of the week, to be posted once a week and include several tips.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

They are best practices at a minimum

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

evilcheadar wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

I never say any TOTD are 100% true, I've said many times in the past that yes people can come up with situations where cav archer and other cards are useful, hell I've said they were pretty effective vs my gendarmes in my six hour game thread. They are very much the exception to the rule, according to myself, evilcheadar and even top level player like H20 who've I've mentioned like a billion times has agreed with my tips. Also no, I don't see anywhere that says tips must always, always be true.

But a tip IS always true lol, it's something that makes things easier... For example, you need to herd your hunts, you need to scout, musks deal more damage to cav in melee mode, idk... If a "tip" is sometimes false then it's just not a tip lol
It's not that CA can "come up to be useful", it's just a GOOD unit. Do you see the problem between it being GOOD and you calling it BAD ? And unlike you I can argue of why it is good, even if it has some drawbacks compared to goons.
And you should really stop with H2O (which is not h-twenty btw rofl... Go back to school ftw), because he said once or twice that your tips could be useful doesn't mean he thinks they are all true... Just ask him but I doubt he will say you shouldn't ever send food crates or make CA lol
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Kaiserklein wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

But a tip IS always true lol, it's something that makes things easier... For example, you need to herd your hunts, you need to scout, musks deal more damage to cav in melee mode, idk... If a "tip" is sometimes false then it's just not a tip lol
It's not that CA can "come up to be useful", it's just a GOOD unit. Do you see the problem between it being GOOD and you calling it BAD ? And unlike you I can argue of why it is good, even if it has some drawbacks compared to goons.
And you should really stop with H2O (which is not h-twenty btw rofl... Go back to school ftw), because he said once or twice that your tips could be useful doesn't mean he thinks they are all true... Just ask him but I doubt he will say you shouldn't ever send food crates or make CA lol

Do you not get what an opinion is? You try to counter me by saying well it can't be BAD because it's GOOD. What an inane post. I've also explained why I think cavalry archers are bad back in my thread so indeed I actually CAN defend my position. Get educated in basic reasoning please, because this is just pathetic. Once again you distort reality by stating that I said you shouldn't ever send in food crates.

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

guys, please stop with the flame
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish