Youtube vs twitch streams

Which website is best for viewing streams?

Youtube
53%
Twitch
35%
It doesn't matter
12%

Total votes: 17

No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Youtube vs twitch streams

Post by 91 »

Are we in need of a youtube streamlist as well as a twitch one in the sidebar? I feel like all youtube streamers are on twitch as well though.

If we have only one list with twitch+youtube streams there will be doubles when someone streams on both, so we would have to have separate sections for twitch and youtube.

Does anyone know how many streamers use youtube? And if anyone wants to use only youtube - not twitch?
Viewers - which site do you prefer? Twitch or youtube?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Youtube vs twitch streams

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

On twitch you have the chat which is nice while on youtube it is inactive.
On the other hand, on phones you can't watch streams on twitch while you can on youtube so I think we should do both if possible.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Yeah both, this way we can also meet AoE YouTube streamers. There are however barely AoE streams on YouTube so we won't see much difference anyway.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

For viewing, definitely Youtube. The chat and monopoly of Twitch are other factors though...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:On twitch you have the chat which is nice while on youtube it is inactive.
On the other hand, on phones you can't watch streams on twitch while you can on youtube so I think we should do both if possible.

What kind of weird found are you using O_o

Im pretty sure the twitch app is out and has been working for quite long now.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Jerom wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:On twitch you have the chat which is nice while on youtube it is inactive.

What kind of weird found are you using O_o

Im pretty sure the twitch app is out and has been working for quite long now.

For the final of the winter tourney, I had to watch via Youtube.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Youtube>Twitch for viewing experience.
Twitch chat>Youtube chat.
Overall: Youtube>Twitch
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I'm still surprised by the amount of people voting youtube when in reality no one streams on youtube, except Zuta and ESOCTV.

In my opinion twitch is just superior in every single way; that includes quality and viewing. We are working on a partnership for ESOCTV right now, and if we succeed there won't be a youtube stream as far as I know, since the youtube stream is only there for people with bad internet. Either way I think the current alternative of having a twitch and a low quality youtube stream works right now.

As for regular streams, I don't think anyone streams on youtube.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I'm still surprised by the amount of people voting youtube when in reality no one streams on youtube, except Zuta and ESOCTV.

In my opinion twitch is just superior in every single way; that includes quality and viewing. We are working on a partnership for ESOCTV right now, and if we succeed there won't be a youtube stream as far as I know, since the youtube stream is only there for people with bad internet. Either way I think the current alternative of having a twitch and a low quality youtube stream works right now.

PK Clan
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I'm still surprised by the amount of people voting youtube when in reality no one streams on youtube, except Zuta and ESOCTV.

Well, for viewing on a monitor YT is simply better.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

zoom wrote:

Well, for viewing on a monitor YT is simply better.

Then it's probably me lol. I don't see a difference in quality.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Me neither, I mean it has QO by default and is far less straining on your PC.