Why have you guys become so hardcore suddenly ?

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Why have you guys become so hardcore suddenly ?

Post by Kaiserklein »

Closing and censuring threads about cheaters was already something people didn't really understand. But ok, you don't want us to focus on the negative part of the community, that's your policy. Fair enough.
But recently so many threads have been closed for reasons that seem to me (and to others) not really convincing. Like in off-topic if a thread leads to nowhere, or if there is a bit of flame, you close it, while off-topic is arguably the place where such things are supposed to happen.
Now I can't even write #BTB in my signature ? You edited it ? I mean wtf, it's not insulting, racist etc, it just means "ban thebritish". Which is more or less a joke, because we all know you'll never ban him just for being stupid. This hashtag was just a way to make fun of him, aren't we allowed to make fun of people either ? If you guys start deleting all the content that makes fun of people, you gonna close half the forums really. Plus, thebritish deserves this, since he's provoking everyone all the time. I don't think a "#BTB" in the signatures of like 5 people is that rude compared to the amount of annoying posts this guy produces. But anyway that's not even the point, just when is this gonna stop ? More and more people are getting annoyed of those strict rules, this site is going to empty if you carry on that way.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Why have you guys become so hardcore suddenly ?

Post by momuuu »

Why are you guys so rebellous lately? You can pm divine if you disagree with the moderation guidelines.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

Off topic is actually quite lenient as far as I'm concerned, only posts that have literally nothing to add to the forums get closed. Flaming on the other hand just isn't useful to this site in any way and creates a negative environment and doesn't allow new people to join the actual conversation that was happening in the thread in question.

As far as ban thebritish goes... If you're asking for someone to get banned because you don't like what they post and then telling me it's a joke more or less you're definitely one of those people that makes youtube videos of "pranking" people by doing things like pretending to steal their stuff... Jokes aside, the "movement" was blatant bigotry and attacking another user, I'm sure all the quotes you guys put in your sigs are "making fun of him" enough. Whether you think he "deserves" it or not is irrelevant, if it's in violation of the forum rules action will be taken.

The answer to your final question "when is this going to stop" is never, the new rules have been created to promote a more respectful and accepting forum space where everyone has the opportunity to contribute to discussions. I do acknowledge however, that getting used to this sort of shift in the rules and moderation of this site will take some getting used to, but I believe in you.
Taunt 3
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

how boring.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

His posts are fucking stupid and should be considered as spam sometimes.
I'm pretty sure the goal of some of his posts are to annoy other posters lol.
Anyway, BTB isn't an offence to him and it seems that we can't have shit opinions while he can lol. That's funny how you moderate signatures while you don't moderate shit topics (G(rilled) G(arja) for example) and flames.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

#modtheear
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

EAGLEMUT wrote:#modtheear

@Divinefire Please don't warn him! He didn't really meant it, he's just a child who doesn't understand what he says!!!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

DivineFire wrote:Off topic is actually quite lenient as far as I'm concerned, only posts that have literally nothing to add to the forums get closed.
This is what I don't understand. Who determines if it has "literally nothing to add." I would argue that any thread where more than 1 person engaged in non-inflammatory interaction is good. Just because you don't see the value of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

watch this thread get deleted for no reason at all
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gibson wrote:
DivineFire wrote:Off topic is actually quite lenient as far as I'm concerned, only posts that have literally nothing to add to the forums get closed.
This is what I don't understand. Who determines if it has "literally nothing to add." I would argue that any thread where more than 1 person engaged in non-inflammatory interaction is good. Just because you don't see the value of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Well that's just DivineFire going full nazi.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

The move to make threads stay more on topic is an excellent decision IMO. Make sure you still let the spam threads/rants exist; eg the longbow discussion. People need somewhere to put their spam. For this reason I don't think moderation of certain threads is a good idea, you just need to let people talk (but it's perfectly reasonable to keep it out of certain threads).

I do think as a community we need to make a more concentrated effort to just ignore things that are off-topic in a thread (thebritish talking about lbows every time he can...) And try and keep the discussion around the original post.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

gibson wrote:

+1

I'd like to add that even if a thread is literally only flame, if it keeps the flame out of legit threads then let people go ahead and do so.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:His posts are fucking stupid and should be considered as spam sometimes.
I'm pretty sure the goal of some of his posts are to annoy other posters lol.
Anyway, BTB isn't an offence to him and it seems that we can't have shit opinions while he can lol. That's funny how you moderate signatures while you don't moderate shit topics (G(rilled) G(arja) for example) and flames.

Whether or not you think his posts are stupid or annoying doesn't really matter and BTB clearly is offensive to him otherwise he wouldn't have asked for anything to be done about it. You are also welcome to have "shit opinions".
Taunt 3
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Well the move is to protect thebritish it seems lol.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:

+1
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well the move is to protect thebritish it seems lol.

Absolutely, if someone in the community is being senselessly attacked because he has a handful of unpopular opinions it is the moderation staff's job to stop that sort of thing.
Taunt 3
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

forgrin wrote:The move to make threads stay more on topic is an excellent decision IMO. Make sure you still let the spam threads/rants exist; eg the longbow discussion. People need somewhere to put their spam. For this reason I don't think moderation of certain threads is a good idea, you just need to let people talk (but it's perfectly reasonable to keep it out of certain threads).

I do think as a community we need to make a more concentrated effort to just ignore things that are off-topic in a thread (thebritish talking about lbows every time he can...) And try and keep the discussion around the original post.

100% agreed but thebritish is only PR 50 in derailing thread. It's only a matter of time before people really start to loose it. BTB is probably the only way to go to keep the community intact and finally freed of his non-stopping silly blabbering.

Plus thebritish is offensive to anyone basically anyone who doesn't agree with him. Perhaps he his just a master at trolling?
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

DivineFire wrote:

Absolutely, if someone in the community is being senselessly attacked because he has a handful of unpopular opinions it is the moderation staff's job to stop that sort of thing.

handful is an understatement a lot of interesting where lost in silly try of trying to reason thebritish
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

deuxballesman wrote:
DivineFire wrote:

handful is an understatement a lot of interesting where lost in silly try of trying to reason thebritish

Then simply don't respond instead of attempting to reason with him.
Taunt 3
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Anyway, if they take a fucking 12 yo kid more seriously than me, I have nothing to do here.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Agree, cant just attack someone in the community especially in an organized way. And yes moderation has stepped up a little bit. I havnt seen anything that was out of line to do yet.Everyone could use with being a little nicer to eachother.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

DivineFire wrote:Off topic is actually quite lenient as far as I'm concerned, only posts that have literally nothing to add to the forums get closed. Flaming on the other hand just isn't useful to this site in any way and creates a negative environment and doesn't allow new people to join the actual conversation that was happening in the thread in question.

Obviously flaming isn't a very positive thing, but there will always be some, and you can't prevent that. As far as people don't get insulted etc (what we could call a "courteous flame") I fail to see why mods would have to close the topic. But ok, anyway flame isn't even the biggest problem...

DivineFire wrote:As far as ban thebritish goes... If you're asking for someone to get banned because you don't like what they post and then telling me it's a joke more or less you're definitely one of those people that makes youtube videos of "pranking" people by doing things like pretending to steal their stuff... Jokes aside, the "movement" was blatant bigotry and attacking another user, I'm sure all the quotes you guys put in your sigs are "making fun of him" enough. Whether you think he "deserves" it or not is irrelevant, if it's in violation of the forum rules action will be taken.

Either you do nothing, let thebritish spam and annoy people and try to teach everyone while being pr 15, and let us make fun of him because he asked for it ; or you delete our signatures, but then you should warn him too, because he obviously is causing troubles. But please, don't delete our stuff while saying nothing to him, even tho he is the one causing problems here.
Btw, if you consider #BTB as an attack, there are a ton of other stuff to delete on the forums. Because realistically it isn't a serious attack, unless you live in the world of the teletubbies.

DivineFire wrote:The answer to your final question "when is this going to stop" is never

Well then hf modding empty forums... It's already getting less and less active, if you don't want to acknowledge the problem it sure won't get better.

DivineFire wrote:a more respectful and accepting forum

A more accepting forum is also a place where you can write stuff without it getting constantly locked/deleted.

DivineFire wrote:everyone has the opportunity to contribute to discussions

I'm fine with thebritish contributing to whatever he wants to, but if he's annoying people 24/7 (which he kinda is, otherwise he wouldn't get flamed so often), actions should be taken against him. And not against people who merely write #BTB in reaction to his bullshit.

gibson wrote:

Exactly, if people want to discuss something in off-topic, without doing any harm, I can't see why mods would come and say "this brings nothing to the forums" and lock the topic...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

yea tbh thebritish basically takes over 95% of discussions by saying that lbows are bad or x civ loses because it is bad in the imperial age. Sure he can have those views, but should he be able to put them in every single thread whilst flaming people that disagree?
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

The more flaming (however serious or not serious you consider it), the less new people there will be joining the discussions. I've heard plenty of people not wanting to post because the environment is pretty harsh.