Why have you guys become so hardcore suddenly ?

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Re: Why have you guys become so hardcore suddenly ?

Post by Papist »

DivineFire wrote:Off topic is actually quite lenient as far as I'm concerned, only posts that have literally nothing to add to the forums get closed. Flaming on the other hand just isn't useful to this site in any way and creates a negative environment and doesn't allow new people to join the actual conversation that was happening in the thread in question.

As far as ban thebritish goes... If you're asking for someone to get banned because you don't like what they post and then telling me it's a joke more or less you're definitely one of those people that makes youtube videos of "pranking" people by doing things like pretending to steal their stuff... Jokes aside, the "movement" was blatant bigotry and attacking another user, I'm sure all the quotes you guys put in your sigs are "making fun of him" enough. Whether you think he "deserves" it or not is irrelevant, if it's in violation of the forum rules action will be taken.

The answer to your final question "when is this going to stop" is never, the new rules have been created to promote a more respectful and accepting forum space where everyone has the opportunity to contribute to discussions. I do acknowledge however, that getting used to this sort of shift in the rules and moderation of this site will take some getting used to, but I believe in you.

It's off topic, which means that it need not add anything to forum. Short of spamming the same posts/threads, threatening another user, or repeatedly using bad language, there is zero reason to ever lock and off topic thread. Locking/moving an irrelevant thread in the general section is fine, but there is no reason to do this in off-topic.

In regards to thebritish, I think you are completely misrepresenting/misunderstanding the situation. It isn't as simple as him saying something people disagree with and getting attacked as a result; he flames people who question his theories. Just go to the lbow suggestion thread and the royal guard thread and you will see him calling anyone who disagrees with him a noob or stupid. He has also manufactured a fake rank for himself, and gets pissy whenever people tell him it's bs. He gets away with ALL of this, and you're giving out warnings to people for teasing him?

A community isn't respectful and accepting when mods lock every thread that they don't like.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

To be fair, he did shitpost his way to the top and then is often quite rude when players who are more experienced/better than him point out his bad ideas/thoughts about the game. I wouldn't say #btb is entirely unjustified, especially since the people who carry those tags a) wouldn't actually ban him/don't have the power and b) he has, iirc, been intentionally rude to all of them especially when trying to offer advice.

EDIT: Not saying that #BTB is a good thing, just saying that you may not want to just disregard it as unbased flaming.

Also you kinda gotta let the community be reflected if you're gonna have community forums... like any forums this one has flaming and good content, and you gotta let both happen or it's not really a community forum, is it. Just a promo site for _H20's tourney money :P
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

agree (kaiser)
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

DivineFire wrote:BTB clearly is offensive to him otherwise he wouldn't have asked for anything to be done about it

He considers it offensive obviously, but if you ask everyone what they find offensive here, you will have to delete more or less everything.

DivineFire wrote:Whether or not you think his posts are stupid or annoying doesn't really matter

Ok, and you thinking some threads "have literally nothing to add to the forums", and thus closing them, does matter ? Because you're a mod, you can tell what is interesting and what he isn't, and because we aren't mods, we can't tell what is stupid or annoying ? Interesting point of view.

DivineFire wrote:Absolutely, if someone in the community is being senselessly attacked because he has a handful of unpopular opinions it is the moderation staff's job to stop that sort of thing.

If he is so highly unpopular, doesn't it mean that he probs have something to change in his behaviour ? And that it's also your job to warn him because he's annoying everyone ? Also as many other people said, he keeps derailing threads (always for the same reason, he wants brits / lbs to be buffed), and nothing is done about it.
Btw, lol at "a handful"

forgrin wrote:To be fair, he did shitpost his way to the top and then is often quite rude when players who are more experienced/better than him point out his bad ideas/thoughts about the game. I wouldn't say #btb is entirely unjustified, especially since the people who carry those tags a) wouldn't actually ban him/don't have the power and b) he has, iirc, been intentionally rude to all of them especially when trying to offer advice.

Yeah exactly, you try to explain stuff to him and he shits on you. Then you react with #BTB and it gets deleted... How fair
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Taking fun of someone is terrible anyway. If we are a community, then we are supposed to discuss and play among us, instead of flaming and taking fun of someone else. I know, the British is childish, quite often, but if you think he's trolling, you can simply ignore his posts. You can ban him if you are sure he's spamming, that's another story. :)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Marco1698 wrote:Taking fun of someone is terrible anyway. If we are a community, then we are supposed to discuss and play among us, instead of flaming and taking fun of someone else. I know, the British is childish, quite often, but if you think he's trolling, you can simply ignore his posts. You can ban him if you are sure he's spamming, that's another story. :)

Then he can simply ignore #BTB if you go that way
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Marco1698 wrote:Taking fun of someone is terrible anyway. If we are a community, then we are supposed to discuss and play among us, instead of flaming and taking fun of someone else. I know, the British is childish, quite often, but if you think he's trolling, you can simply ignore his posts. You can ban him if you are sure he's spamming, that's another story. :)

We were sure he was spamming last summer but alas nothing was done.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

91 wrote:The more flaming (however serious or not serious you consider it), the less new people there will be joining the discussions. I've heard plenty of people not wanting to post because the environment is pretty harsh.

And how many don't want to post because of thebritish?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

:geek:
Kaiserklein wrote:

Well, a moderator who ignores the flaming is just a bad moderator after all, also this is just up to British, I mean, he's trolling with the purpose to be always in the centre of the attention,just ignore him dude. He will end his trolling after he will realise nobody care about what he says.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

We need a trial. Create an ESOC Justice staff already !
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Marco1698 wrote::geek:
Kaiserklein wrote:

Well, a moderator who ignores the flaming is just a bad moderator after all, also this is just up to British, I mean, he's trolling with the purpose to be always in the centre of the attention,just ignore him dude. He will end his trolling after he will realise nobody care about what he says.

Our point is that it is fucking unfair to mod us because we hate him and to let him while he provokes us lol.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

says the right guy lol
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The British will also be limited in the amount of spam that can happen.

It is not an easy change, but actually stopping the amount of flames on the forums is necessary at this point.

Posts are not being locked or reported randomly. It's not hard to understand when you try to start a forum wide movement to put someone down that you will not be allowed to do that here. This site is for everyone.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Marco1698 wrote::geek:
Show hidden quotes

Our point is that it is fucking unfair to mod us because we hate him and to let him while he provokes us lol.

It's not so hard to ignore people you don't like. If a person bothers you that much, click this add to foe button, and you don't even have to read the posts anymore. If that is not enough for you, maybe that person is not the actual problem. It's just common sense to learn how to ignore people if they annoy you and you can't deal with them. It's something you have to learn in life, and if you haven't learned it yet, this is an excellent chance to do so. :roll:

foes.png
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

Alright going to wrap up this thread with a few things...

Firstly, public discussion of moderation policy is explicitly prohibited per rule number 2 in the forum rules post.

Should you guys find that thebritish is violating ANY of the site rules by spamming, derailing threads, flaming, insulting and especially posting in a manner that has the intentional and deliberate purpose of inciting a flame war please report them as it is the best way to draw moderator attention to a particular post because we can't even pretend to read half the posts in larger topics. If you guys carefully read through the new rules you will find that the tolerance for the actions listed previously has been substantially reduced. You can also just ignore him and not engage him, as 91 mentioned.

There have actually been very few posts locked in off topic due to spam, and I do agree with not locking almost any threads in off topic, and thus concede to the points made on that front. Fewer posts will be locked in off topic and a posts "value" to the site will be discussed with a larger group of staff members before any action is take. As H2O said, no post is locked, deleted or warned without a reason and anyone starting a forum wide movement to attack another poster is not going to be allowed to happen, no matter who it may be.
Taunt 3