Where can I see my warnings?

France iNcog
Ninja

Where can I see my warnings?

Post by iNcog »

I checked everywhere on my profile page and I can't find out where I stand in terms of warnings. Not sure how many I have right now. It also doesn't show up next to my username.

I also don't know when they'll expire either. :/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Re: Where can I see my warnings?

Post by KINGofOsmane »

you get a massage ^^
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

A message? I looked into it and I'm not sure where users can see a list of their warnings.
Taunt 3
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

KINGofOsmane wrote:you get a massage ^^

yeeah but there should be a little list somewhere telling you where you're at

i can't find it, so i don't know how many warnings i have

can a mod tell me please?
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

You have 2. The number of warnings you have though isn't really all that important. Right now the warnings are only being used as a way to document each time the staff had to interact with a user.
Taunt 3
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

We are using a separate "warning level" system to determine the next action to take against a forum member that is causing problems.
Taunt 3
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

DivineFire wrote:You have 2. The number of warnings you have though isn't really all that important.

Lol that's horseshit

is it just a way to be more arbitrary as to when you're going to get rid of people you don't like?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:
DivineFire wrote:You have 2. The number of warnings you have though isn't really all that important.

Lol that's horseshit

is it just a way to be more arbitrary as to when you're going to get rid of people you don't like?

The warning system is a way too keep track of a user's infractions of rules. If you want to moderate someone for say, spamming forums, and you see that it has happened 5 times already recently because you carefully archived this, then you can consider changing your response a bit. That is a good thing, that way we know exactly who is doing what and that way rules can't repeatedly be ignored.

Maybe it shouldn't be a warning then, maybe we should just rename it to something else. Behaviourial notifiction? Something that carries less negativity as a warning does right now.. It's really not that negative it just means you did something wrong and that you should try to not do it next time.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

thank you for clearing that up, this makes a lot more sense to me

no problem on my end. same thing to the other thread where we discussed warnings
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

iNcog wrote:

Lol that's horseshit

Warning #3 incoming...

Seriously though, I have to object to an arbitrary "after 3 warnings you get a ban" type of system. When considering banning a user, staff should look at what they have actually been warned about in the past. Imo, staff should only ban users if they are repeat offenders (warned for the same thing multiple times, not once for many things) or if the user does something serious (death threats, publishing someone's personal information). Banning should be a last resort. Deleting offensive posts and warning the user should always come first.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

From the looks of it, it's not a strike system. So that should be reassuring somewhat. See jerom's post
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Im still super unsure on when to delete things. I can honestly just see the people saying don't delete or redact, thats censorship, while on the other hand I see the point that you might have the delete comments that completely derail or ruin a thread. No idea how that'd be handled properly without upsetting people.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Just say "i deleted these posts because they were racial slurs", or "i deleted the comments which were mucking up the discussion, let's get back on topic and not ruin this thread".

Just use your common sense, you've got lots of that x)
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

I would like a warnings tab appear on my profile. Usually I dont check messages.
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

And what you (Incog) and others have failed to do so far is point out an instance of Divinefire not providing that basic disclaimer when he deletes posts or locks a thread ^^^^^^^^. Why does Jerom get the "you have common sense" pass and Divine doesn't? Is it because you just like him more? I also really like Jerom, but the double standard you seem to be applying here compared to your other arguments is just objectively ridiculous.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

lesllamas wrote:And what you (Incog) and others have failed to do so far is point out an instance of Divinefire not providing that basic disclaimer when he deletes posts or locks a thread ^^^^^^^^. Why does Jerom get the "you have common sense" pass and Divine doesn't? Is it because you just like him more? I also really like Jerom, but the double standard you seem to be applying here compared to your other arguments is just objectively ridiculous.

Jerom is someone who I have been encouraging to become an active moderator for a very long time, ever since he joined the media team, actually.

Divinefire is someone who is inflexible in how he moderates and thinks, instead of being understanding. Even H2O has told me that DF has a long way to go before become a fully-fledged, capable moderator of this community. I don't doubt that DF is enthusiastic, just that he needs to think carefully on how to moderate people (it's not easy to do) and think of the consequences of his dry and rigid moderation style. Calls are almost always subjective.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

noissance wrote:I would like a warnings tab appear on my profile. Usually I dont check messages.

yeah could be useful, your collection is quite disappointing though lol.

@musketeer925
pretty please
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

iNcog wrote:
lesllamas wrote:And what you (Incog) and others have failed to do so far is point out an instance of Divinefire not providing that basic disclaimer when he deletes posts or locks a thread ^^^^^^^^. Why does Jerom get the "you have common sense" pass and Divine doesn't? Is it because you just like him more? I also really like Jerom, but the double standard you seem to be applying here compared to your other arguments is just objectively ridiculous.

Jerom is someone who I have been encouraging to become an active moderator for a very long time, ever since he joined the media team, actually.

Divinefire is someone who is inflexible in how he moderates and thinks, instead of being understanding. Even H2O has told me that DF has a long way to go before become a fully-fledged, capable moderator of this community. I don't doubt that DF is enthusiastic, just that he needs to think carefully on how to moderate people (it's not easy to do) and think of the consequences of his dry and rigid moderation style. Calls are almost always subjective.

And again, instead of providing an example, you attack his character. You basically just confirmed for me that you just dislike him as a person, and when prompted (as above) you still can't bring an example to the table where he didn't provide the common courtesy you said that Jerom needs to do to be a successful moderator.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm not really interested in attacking DF's person, I've already criticized him enough (and I'm not the only one), poor little fellow could use a little breathing room.

There are plenty of examples which I've posted in the civil moderation discussion thread, no need to add more to that. My criticism also extends to other staff members, anyway. If I really must cite an example, then I think the handling of metis's "these guys were trolling me" thread was quite poor. It was one line, and a warning:

Accusations/which hunting of any kind are not welcome here on ESOC.

Bear in mind that metis left after that, told us why and that metis was unaware (as was I when I opened this thread) that warnings were not used as strikes. As a result, we've lost a community member who left on bad terms. Metis is a lot of things, but he is not a troll or a user which causes problems on forums. He's a very old-school member of the aoe3 community. this is very unfortunate.

I hope this example is clear enough, I'm not really interested in witch hunting DF or criticizing him as a person.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

So it should be made clear that warnings are not strikes? I'd have done the same thing as DF there honestly.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's not obvious at all, especially for people who don't post here frequently. They just get a pm saying they've been warned, they don't know it's just a flag. you can be sure that it rubs people the wrong way, unfortunately
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:It's not obvious at all, especially for people who don't post here frequently. They just get a pm saying they've been warned, they don't know it's just a flag. you can be sure that it rubs people the wrong way, unfortunately

I honestly don't think metis is a fair case, he angrily left before over some other tiny thing (I think someone disagreed with him). But I suggested before to maybe change it from warning to another name. Suggestions?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom wrote:
iNcog wrote:It's not obvious at all, especially for people who don't post here frequently. They just get a pm saying they've been warned, they don't know it's just a flag. you can be sure that it rubs people the wrong way, unfortunately

I honestly don't think metis is a fair case, he angrily left before over some other tiny thing (I think someone disagreed with him). But I suggested before to maybe change it from warning to another name. Suggestions?

yeah metis was already strained due to previous mistakes (or were they? idk) made by esoc

could name it "flag" or something
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

I'd be all for changing the name of the warning. People do overreact to what is essentially just archival.
Taunt 3
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:
Jerom wrote:

yeah metis was already strained due to previous mistakes (or were they? idk) made by esoc

could name it "flag" or something

Not at all, had nothing to do with esoc for as far as I know. He just got angry someone disagreed with him and left because of the so-called trolls in off topic. When he came back he announced shortly afterwards that he wouldn't be visiting off topic anymore.