Where can I see my warnings?

France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Where can I see my warnings?

Post by iNcog »

don't you think that trolls in off topic is the fault of poor moderation though? at that time, it was admittedly a problem, was it not?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

No, Metis leaving was Metis' own fault. He posted cheating accusations numerous times, despite being told not to EVERY time. The fact that his accusation thread was quickly locked isn't a fucking overreaction from DF--it's not only keeping in line with the rules, but it's rebuffing somebody who CONTINUALLY comes back to the site and breaks THE SAME rule over and over again. Metis hasn't contributed anything interesting to any forum in a long time, check his post history and find the last time he got into a discussion about anything other than cheating/trolling accusations.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:don't you think that trolls in off topic is the fault of poor moderation though? at that time, it was admittedly a problem, was it not?

Yes but when we started moderation trolls and flamers this happened, so I'm kinda lost.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

lesllamas wrote:No, Metis leaving was Metis' own fault. He posted cheating accusations numerous times, despite being told not to EVERY time. The fact that his accusation thread was quickly locked isn't a fucking overreaction from DF--it's not only keeping in line with the rules, but it's rebuffing somebody who CONTINUALLY comes back to the site and breaks THE SAME rule over and over again. Metis hasn't contributed anything interesting to any forum in a long time, check his post history and find the last time he got into a discussion about anything other than cheating/trolling accusations.

Yes, I agree with that. That's not the point I'm trying to get accross.

Also please realize that there was a nuance to the rule: cheating accusations have been forbidden for a very long time, trolling accusations have been forbidden only very recently. Making threads about people who troll you in team games isn't a cheating accusation. There's a nuance there which people keep conviently ignoring.

Metis was probably unaware that rules had been modified to include "no discussion of trolls either, in the same way as no discussion of cheaters". He made the thread without knowing the rules had been updated and was then subject to moderation action.

That in itself is fine, only the moderation action was a warning and metis overreacted, since he did not know that the warning isn't a strike or something similar. When you receive a PM saying "you've been warned" for something relatively trivial, it can be unpleasant. The same thing happened to the people with #BTB and a few of those people have left the forums due to THAT as well.

Basically it's a misunderstanding which escalated quickly and the result is a community member leaving. Remember that the forum is supposed to be inclusive, the goal is that people don't leave on bad terms, the goal is that the forum brings people together in good terms. Right now, like it or not, people are leaving the forums. You can label them as "trolls" and tell them to fuck off, or you can try to have better, two-way communication.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom wrote:
iNcog wrote:don't you think that trolls in off topic is the fault of poor moderation though? at that time, it was admittedly a problem, was it not?

Yes but when we started moderation trolls and flamers this happened, so I'm kinda lost.

I know. There is no easy answer or easy way to moderate a community.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Is a ban also a warning if it'snot mentioned?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

This thread looks interesting.
I like DivineFire's posts, always very pertinent and helpful. I think other forum users shoud do like him!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

If I could see my warning, I would be sooooooooo happy!
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

bobabu wrote:Is a ban also a warning if it'snot mentioned?

A ban is the result of an increase in "warning level", which is independent of the actual number of warnings you have in the system.
Taunt 3
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Afaik people get written warnings from staff before they're banned, so you should know more or less where you stand
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:This thread looks interesting.
I like DivineFire's posts, always very pertinent and helpful. I think other forum users shoud do like him!
god damn can you stop acting like a passive aggressive 12 year old girl whos parents took away her cell phone? You're accomplishing nothing but being an asshole for no real (but I'm sure you have an imagined) reason. It's getting quite ridiculous actually......