Possible solution to cheating accusation issue

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Possible solution to cheating accusation issue

Post by momuuu »

Theres nothing to gain from giving cheaters attention. One day people will learn that the best day to deal with cheaters is to not care.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

You're not the one giving cheaters attention. I'm saying, ignore them, as moderators, and let the people decide who gets attention
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I just don't see the benefits. You learn apperantly some people are cheaters. You never bother to add them to your pests list nor do you remember their names. Then every once in a while you get cheated on (big fucking deal) so you lose some pixelpoints anyways.

In the meanwhile people will occasionally flame the shit out of these forums because someone accused someone else that also reads the forums and blablabla.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Jerom wrote:I just don't see the benefits. You learn apperantly some people are cheaters. You never bother to add them to your pests list nor do you remember their names. Then every once in a while you get cheated on (big fucking deal) so you lose some pixelpoints anyways.

In the meanwhile people will occasionally flame the shit out of these forums because someone accused someone else that also reads the forums and blablabla.

I would add them to my pest list. And it's not the meaningless points I cafe about, it's wasting a 40 minute treaty only to lose because the other person is cheating.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Semi-off topic: when you do submit something to Plus2Joe what should you include? I had a game with a cheater that I rec'd so I sent him that awhile back, never ended up getting a response though
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

forgrin wrote:Semi-off topic: when you do submit something to Plus2Joe what should you include? I had a game with a cheater that I rec'd so I sent him that awhile back, never ended up getting a response though

I know you don't want to hear this, but you probably just shouldn't bother. They dont seem to care much.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Jerom wrote:
forgrin wrote:Semi-off topic: when you do submit something to Plus2Joe what should you include? I had a game with a cheater that I rec'd so I sent him that awhile back, never ended up getting a response though

I know you don't want to hear this, but you probably just shouldn't bother. They dont seem to care much.

Yeah I got that impression. Ty
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I can open a small section A414A clan forums where people can post without needing to register. You can accuse people of cheating all you want there and have big, flame wars / trials without moderation.

If you're interested
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Jerom wrote:Theres nothing to gain from giving cheaters attention. One day people will learn that the best day to deal with cheaters is to not care.

I get to add them to my pest list if I know who they are!
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

fightinfrenchman wrote:So, as most people know, it is against the rules of ESOC to publicly accuse someone of cheating, even if you have proof. There has been much discussion about this rule, and personally I am indifferent towards it. However, there have been multiple people arguing that it should be removed, and frequently people post their accusations in the General section.

So this is just an idea I had to possibly curb the issue: create a separate subforum for cheating accusations, immediately deleting them from any other section. But there would be a very strict rule about this section: you must include a rec of the game. Perhaps commenting in the threads could even be disabled to prevent witchhunting, and users can decide for themselves based on the rec if the person was cheating or not.

Thoughts?

I think you're missing the point. Proof or lack thereof has never been the issue here. The relevant question is whether or not we want this forum to turn into a giant blacklist. And since the people here can't act on any of the cheating reports, what is the point? Report cheaters to Microsoft, the people who can actually do something.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

musketeer925 wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:I'm all for people being able to say what they want, as long as there is no spam or threats being made. Censoring bad words and accusations is a waste or your time and our time

So how does the staff respond if the accused appears? Undoubtedly, that user will be angry and request the accusations be removed, and also likely to make disgruntled posts all over the forum, ban dodge, etc. Having that kind of content produces angry users, and angry users make the forum much harder to moderate.

If the goverment can do the war on drugs you can do the war on cheaters!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

DemonDog wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:I'm all for people being able to say what they want, as long as there is no spam or threats being made. Censoring bad words and accusations is a waste or your time and our time

So how does the staff respond if the accused appears? Undoubtedly, that user will be angry and request the accusations be removed, and also likely to make disgruntled posts all over the forum, ban dodge, etc. Having that kind of content produces angry users, and angry users make the forum much harder to moderate.

Nah esoc isn't a government; ya don't pay taxes, do ya? :P
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

iNcog wrote:
DemonDog wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Nah esoc isn't a government; ya don't pay taxes, do ya? :P

Donations are like a form of taxes :D
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

No they aren't. Taxes are required. Donations are optional.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

DemonDog wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:

You do realize the war on drugs is not succesful at all right? :p
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

iCourt wrote:No they aren't. Taxes are required. Donations are optional.

Money is money XD
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom wrote:
DemonDog wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You do realize the war on drugs is not succesful at all right? :p

Right, so it should be stopped? :s
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well maybe yeah, it doesnt really seem to help or prevent it. Rather its a lot of effort :/
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

disagree, but that's another thread