Sub-Forums in other languages.

Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

My friends and I are thinking of creating a forum only for our language, but there is already several other forums (abandoned) and this would be another who would be lost in time, spreading further the community ..

So I was thinking of creating sub-forums in several languages, giving super powers on that sub-forum for certain people

It is only a draft of an idea, but I think it would be interesting.
No Flag matuiss2
Musketeer

Post by matuiss2 »

Need to have demand for it, or the work to do this will not be justified.... to be honest I only saw you (besides me ofc) that comes from a country that speaks portuguese... thats not enough demand.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

The WotTA forums have Portuguese and Spanish subforums -- looking at activity there might help gauge what kind of activity would occur here in such subforums. Of course, take into account the much larger community here in English than WotTA's English, yet the Portuguese and Spanish subforums do get some limited use. However, the WotTA mod, being originally focused on South America, may have a disproportionately large number of fans from the region.

http://wotta.com.br/phpBB3/
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

what, I didnt know there were so many brs here.. Que legal.

But imo it would be pretty useless, since everyone who are here also speaks english, creating a sub forum in portuguese for only a few of us doesnt make a lot of sense, we can just interact in the regular forum with everyone else..
But maybe it would attract new non english speakers users to the forum, just maybe.. idk....
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

hermes wrote:My friends and I are thinking of creating a forum only for our language, but there is already several other forums (abandoned) and this would be another who would be lost in time, spreading further the community ..

So I was thinking of creating sub-forums in several languages, giving super powers on that sub-forum for certain people

It is only a draft of an idea, but I think it would be interesting.
Your English seems fine?
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

No need to split up the community.

Ur shud look somewhere else for ur desire for super powers
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I appreciate the interest in bringing other languages into the site. I think for now we will act as the hub for aoe3 and the way we can bring the most people together is by using English. We don't have enough demand for any one other language it would make the site more difficult to navigate.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

We won't get banned if we use other languages to communicate though, will we?

???
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

We have been thinking hugely with Prince and we ended up with a great idea!
We should change the entire forum to the finnish language. And make finnish the only allowed language to use here. Everyone not using finnish would get banned.
That way we could bring the community together. And everyone would learn a super useful language, finnish!
English is already out of fashion, right?

I know everyone is supporting my idea.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

somppukunkku wrote:We have been thinking hugely with Prince and we ended up with a great idea!
We should change the entire forum to the finnish language. And make finnish the only allowed language to use here. Everyone not using finnish would get banned.
That way we could bring the community together. And everyone would learn a super useful language, finnish!
English is already out of fashion, right?

I know everyone is supporting my idea.
kyll?