state flags in addition to country ones

Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: state flags in addition to country ones

Post by Vinyanyérë »

They likely do, but as they weren't in our original source they'd have to be found somewhere and probably altered to fit our current flag style. This is extremely low priority for the dev team but again, we would welcome the flags of someone else were to do it.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Vinyanyérë wrote:They likely do, but as they weren't in our original source they'd have to be found somewhere and probably altered to fit our current flag style. This is extremely low priority for the dev team but again, we would welcome the flags of someone else were to do it.

Dev team should change priorities
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Once again, you need to explain the reasoning behind a claim if you're going to make it, or the conversation cannot be productive. Consider this to be your last informal warning on the topic.
duck
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Vinyanyérë wrote:Once again, you need to explain the reasoning behind a claim if you're going to make it, or the conversation cannot be productive. Consider this to be your last informal warning on the topic.

I have already explained my reasoning in this thread, the whole section is site suggestions. My suggestion is make state flags a priority
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06

Post by Vinyanyérë »

You explained why you consider it to be a good thing, not why it should be a high-priority item. It has been explained to you why it is a low-priority item. Also, a suggestion needs to have reasoning behind it to be useful; the fact that the suggestion is located within the Site Suggestions section is not relevant to that.
duck
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Vinyanyérë wrote:You explained why you consider it to be a good thing, not why it should be a high-priority item. It has been explained to you why it is a low-priority item. Also, a suggestion needs to have reasoning behind it to be useful; the fact that the suggestion is located within the Site Suggestions section is not relevant to that.

It should be high priority because I want it ASAP and have waited long enough
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06

Post by Vinyanyérë »

I am not qualified to give you the dev team's assessment of why it is a low-priority item, but my guess is that they've only seen a small number of users who want it, and have judged that the impact relative to the work required is not worthwhile. Thus, you wanting it is not a good enough reason for them to make it high priority. "Long enough" is also a relative term.
duck
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Vinyanyérë wrote:I am not qualified to give you the dev team's assessment of why it is a low-priority item, but my guess is that they've only seen a small number of users who want it, and have judged that the impact relative to the work required is not worthwhile. Thus, you wanting it is not a good enough reason for them to make it high priority. "Long enough" is also a relative term.

Well that's why I make thread to get people to come out of the woodwork and express support
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06

Post by Vinyanyérë »

I haven't said that the thread shouldn't be made; I don't quite understand your point there.
duck
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Vinyanyérë wrote:I haven't said that the thread shouldn't be made; I don't quite understand your point there.

It should be high priority, anything else the dev team is doing is likely unimportant or will never get done (like donation flairs that were promised many months ago)
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06

Post by Vinyanyérë »

I am not qualified to give you the dev team's assessment of why it is a low-priority item, but my guess is that they've only seen a small number of users who want it, and have judged that the impact relative to the work required is not worthwhile. The other items that the dev team is working on are indeed important: sample projects include forum badges and increased tournament infrastructure. Not all projects that the dev team starts are going to be finished; this is natural to the software development processed and does not mean that they should not be started. The donation flairs, however, are actively being worked on.
duck
imo