Thread pages list

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Thread pages list

Post by Garja »

I think the pages of a thread should be listed at the bottom of the page too or atleast there should be a "go to top" button.
Image Image Image
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Thread pages list

Post by lemmings121 »

garja wrote:I think the pages of a thread should be listed at the bottom of the page too or atleast there should be a "go to top" button.
+1
Germany Aramir
Crossbow
ESO: blackout_

Thread pages list

Post by Aramir »

agree
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Thread pages list

Post by WickedCossack »

Even though the pages are listed only at the top, the bar which they're on scrolls down with you so you shouldn't need a "go back to top" feature.

Or does this not work for anyone else ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Thread pages list

Post by Garja »

It does now.
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Thread pages list

Post by Goodspeed »

It probably always worked, you just haven't noticed it until now. I was in the same boat at first
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Thread pages list

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

calmyourtits wrote:It probably always worked, you just haven''t noticed it until now. I was in the same boat at first
This is making me feel tripped out...
No Flag nazz121
Musketeer

Thread pages list

Post by nazz121 »

You guys (whoever makes the website) could possibly add a fixed position to your "sidebarr-left" div? So that it will always be on the side, even as you scroll or what not.
No Flag nazz121
Musketeer

Thread pages list

Post by nazz121 »

neuron wrote:
nazz121 wrote:You guys (whoever makes the website) could possibly add a fixed position to your "sidebarr-left" div? So that it will always be on the side, even as you scroll or what not.
Yep, I did that at one point, but there is one problem: there are more people than I thought on low resolution displays (under 1080p) and the more that bar grows (especially the Streams section) they might not be able to see the whole sidebar on the screen (and not be able to scroll it either).

That sidebar was also installed using a Proboards plugin which makes them fixed size (in pixels). This also creates issues for people browsing the forum on mobiles, since it has no responsivity at all. I will replace it at some point with a responsive side menu which can be toggled on/off and have sub-items hideable/showable too, maybe.
Mobiles just make websites so much harder ): ...
But yeah, the only way my suggestion were 2 become a reality would be to add the hideable/showable feature to each section, but that imo would be a bit silly for a navigation menu. Although maybe adding a Back To Top arrow which unveils itself from behind the side menu could work? Even tho bottom left is a bit unconventional, just a suggestion.