ESOC Council

Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Re: ESOC Council

Post by Mimsy for President »

Goodspeed wrote:I don't see the necessity
The Council's main purpose is not to call into question the ESOC Staff decisions. It's quite the opposite. The Council desires to work in an interdependent relationship jointly with the Staff to satisfy the community.

Why would we need the Council ? We have everything we need.

That's a very legitimate question. However, we feel that there is a greater potential to use the resources in the community to mutually benefit the AOE community. We were inspired by the great role that the ESO C team has taken in the community, and we are inspired by this great work to take a role in ESO C as well.
We have a genuine belief in the importance of democratic values in ESO C, and believe that this could be a big stepping stone on that. We would also like to call out all the support we have received from eminent ESOC members, as we can only be thankful. Because of this, we are considering collecting signatures for a petition urging the Administrators to create the ESOC Council group. We are of course aware that the last word belongs to you and that you'll take the best decision for the shared interests of the AoE3 community as a whole.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

Nope. GS do not give in to the demands of these rebels, they wish to usurp the dictatorship of mancl and garja through systematic power concentration. These are hard times, do not fall weak.
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

:dry:
hunter wrote:Nope. GS do not give in to the demands of these rebels, they wish to usurp the dictatorship of mancl and garja through systematic power concentration. These are hard times, do not fall weak.
A notorious troll doesn't want the council to be given a special color...... That in my mind just solidifies that they deserve it
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

@Goodspeed
The council can dedicate part of its time to weight the pros and cons of each event related to esoc, discuss the matter thoroughly - considering the staff give us the raw data (past donations etc) - and come up with a strategic decision that might be considered by staff members. This mission would of course include considering the community's point of view, which would facilitate the adoption of each decision.
Recently, the issue of the number of tournaments/invitational per year has been raised - I believe further investigations are needed.
@hunter please do not spread your self-reliance ideology on esoc.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

gibson wrote::dry:
hunter wrote:Nope. GS do not give in to the demands of these rebels, they wish to usurp the dictatorship of mancl and garja through systematic power concentration. These are hard times, do not fall weak.
A notorious troll doesn't want the council to be given a special color...... That in my mind just solidifies that they deserve it

Another rebel, what have they promised you in return if and when they win? GS will double that! Come to his side
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Who here isn't a notorious troll?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Goodspeed wrote:

I like to believe that at one point I may have been a notorious troll but recently I've dropped to the level of not so notorious troll? At least looking at my post history I don't see too much that would warrant the title of notorious troll.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You may be the exception
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I don't even work here anymore!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

If you guys think-tank any maps let me know, whether the council is officially recognised by eso-c or not.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

gibson wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I like to believe that at one point I may have been a notorious troll but recently I've dropped to the level of not so notorious troll? At least looking at my post history I don't see too much that would warrant the title of notorious troll.

hate the trolls
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I can't tell whether this is a troll or actually serious. I'd have to actually read the OP so please add a TL;DR.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

if everyone is a troll, then doesn't that mean that no one is a troll?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Not unless everyone is scoped to be all people in the world.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Well sometimes I wonder if that is simply not the case.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

_H2O wrote:I don't even work here anymore!

Lies and deception.

There needs to be an independent body to hold the staff of ESOC to account. That's what the Council is for, and that's why we deserve the rights and privileges outlined in this thread.
Top quality poster.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

Trolls and Troll is fun upto some point, after that it is no longer funny neither healthy.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Who would be on this council, and how would they be chosen (understanding that any poll would be easy to rig by making a bunch of smurfs)?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Papist wrote:Who would be on this council, and how would they be chosen (understanding that any poll would be easy to rig by making a bunch of smurfs)?

We should let the foundators decide!
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Post by stanleywinston »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Papist wrote:Who would be on this council, and how would they be chosen (understanding that any poll would be easy to rig by making a bunch of smurfs)?

That would be me haha
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

evilcheadar wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

hate the trolls

Fking trolls
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

stanleywinston wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

That would be me haha

#modstanley
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

What is the Council's stance on domestic policy?
Garja wrote:
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Would advise the ESOC staff to crush this uprisal immediately
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

dietschlander wrote:Would advise the ESOC staff to crush this uprisal intime
How unfair! We've been and will be showing our willingness to work in symbiosis with the ESOC Staff, not to be in competition with those who inspired us, as we've already stated.

If by some misfortune you're still not convinced and want further information, please PM any of us : Laurence Drake, benj89 or me. The Council will be more than happy to answer your questions as specific as they may be.