Forcing mods to give explanation of why they are closing reports

No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Forcing mods to give explanation of why they are closing reports

Post by IP Man »

Recently there have been shitposters who will try to ruin every thread and cause havoc by trying to start a flamewar.
I have reported those users. I even reported the biggest troll, but one of the mods for god knows what reasons he closed my report even tho i gave good explanation of which rules he broke and explained how.
This only means theres some double standards where mo'd' friends can do whatever the fuck they want and not get banned.
Please atleast force mods to give explanation of why they are closing the report or remove the bad mods.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Forcing mods to give explanation of why they are closing reports

Post by Garja »

gl with that, with an average of dozen reports per day.
Did you PM the mod about that?
Image Image Image
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Post by IP Man »

I didnt PM the mod, and i dont even see the point of PM'ing him because he just closed the report even tho the user i reported broke few site rules.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Interesting that you assume mods are bad because they close your reports. Also, instead of making a huge drama post, did it ever occur to you to send a PM to all the members of the moderation team bringing up a certain case where you feel your report was not acted on appropriately and explaining why you think so? That would certainly be the more appropriate thing to do, especially since we don't have enough time between us to write explanatory essays every time we close or act on a report. I've been on both sides of this process, and I think the team does a damned good job (especially considering the sheer volume of spam and flame that floods this site daily). It would be nice if you didn't make personal attacks on the people who are trying to make a half decent forum for you to post on.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think closing a report can also mean it has been dealt with.
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Post by IP Man »

Papist wrote:Interesting that you assume mods are bad because they close your reports. Also, instead of making a huge drama post, did it ever occur to you to send a PM to all the members of the moderation team bringing up a certain case where you feel your report was not acted on appropriately and explaining why you think so? That would certainly be the more appropriate thing to do, especially since we don't have enough time between us to write explanatory essays every time we close or act on a report. I've been on both sides of this process, and I think the team does a damned good job (especially considering the sheer volume of spam and flame that floods this site daily). It would be nice if you didn't make personal attacks on the people who are trying to make a half decent forum for you to post on.

ok, lets start:

I wrote a full essay when i reported the post. i wrote which rules he broke and how. You just came in and closed the report. You said that you dont have enough time to write essay for every report you close. So, if you cant do that, why are you even mod. Yes, this is voluntary work, but if you cant do it properly, whats the point of it being done for free.
I dont understand how you are doing good job of keeping this forum without spam when you are closing the reports which are broking the site rules and forcing some members to leave because theres no mod actions.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Still dunno about what report you're talking about.
Image Image Image
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

IP Man wrote:ok, lets start:

I wrote a full essay when i reported the post. i wrote which rules he broke and how. You just came in and closed the report. You said that you dont have enough time to write essay for every report you close. So, if you cant do that, why are you even mod. Yes, this is voluntary work, but if you cant do it properly, whats the point of it being done for free.
I dont understand how you are doing good job of keeping this forum without spam when you are closing the reports which are broking the site rules and forcing some members to leave because theres no mod actions.

If you want an explanation, PM me, or whoever dealt with the report. I don't know about my fellow mods, but I write out a full response every time someone PMs me. But don't expect us to write out page long explanations for EVERY SINGLE ACTION we take when we get 10+ reports a day AND have a bunch of other things to do. We have outside obligations, and you can't seriously expect a volunteer to sit on the forums for hours explaining every move he makes. It is our job to make decisions and act on them, not have a public hearing every time we are considering taking action.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Yea it's dumb they just lock threads for no reason also
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:gl with that, with an average of dozen reports per day.
Did you PM the mod about that?

Half of which consist of reports of my posts – half of which in turn are made by myself.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Op should stop being a lil bitch and let the mods do their job
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Mods close your reports because it makes parts of the site go red and ugly. It's just annoying to have open reports when you're a mod, which is probably why they're closed.

Moderators will see what you reported and then decide whether or not it's worth acting upon. That should be enough.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

All mods should have to wear body cams.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Jerom wrote:I think closing a report can also mean it has been dealt with.

This.

I don't know specifically which post/person you may have reported, but if they broke any rules they likely received a PM and/or warning from the moderator who closed the report. In most cases you can assume that by closing the report the moderator is essentially confirming that they've already taken the action they've deemed most appropriate for the situation, hence the lack of explanation.

We don't always delete posts that breaks the rules either, as it makes following threads and discussions more difficult when there could potentially be pieces missing.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

deleted_user wrote:All mods should have to wear body cams.

haha yes
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

I think all the other staff members have addressed the issue quite well but if you're still dissatisfied you're welcome to send me a PM and I'll do my best to address the issue per the forum rules and guidelines post.

" If you have a problem regarding moderation as a whole, a particular moderation action, or feel you are being treated unfairly please send a private message to myself (DivineFire) and the issue will be looked into."
Taunt 3
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

DivineFire wrote:I think all the other staff members have addressed the issue quite well but if you're still dissatisfied you're welcome to send me a PM and I'll do my best to address the issue per the forum rules and guidelines post.

" If you have a problem regarding moderation as a whole, a particular moderation action, or feel you are being treated unfairly please send a private message to myself (DivineFire) and the issue will be looked into."

One thing I've noticed is that if a mod has a different opinion regarding a political view and you have a rebuttal then you're labeled as a troll and they can pull their weight and threaten a ban.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

HeatitUP_ wrote:
DivineFire wrote:I think all the other staff members have addressed the issue quite well but if you're still dissatisfied you're welcome to send me a PM and I'll do my best to address the issue per the forum rules and guidelines post.

One thing I've noticed is that if a mod has a different opinion regarding a political view and you have a rebuttal then you're labeled as a troll and they can pull their weight and threaten a ban.

Well bigotry is not really a political view, is it?

Not that i've seen any out of you. Can't remember exactly.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

iNcog wrote:Mods close your reports because it makes parts of the site go red and ugly. It's just annoying to have open reports when you're a mod, which is probably why they're closed.

This. Nothing like logging on and seeing 12 useless reports cause someone was offended.
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

iCourt wrote:
iNcog wrote:Mods close your reports because it makes parts of the site go red and ugly. It's just annoying to have open reports when you're a mod, which is probably why they're closed.

This. Nothing like logging on and seeing 12 useless reports cause someone was offended.

Tell the people who are offended to stop being a little bitch and get over it.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

I let the Mods handle most everything unless I come across something blatantly against the rules like cheating accusations or rhe like.
No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

well, there is a problem of favoritism here... nothing we can do @IP Man
"Also I fail to see why mods should be considered like gods, they're just average people who're here to moderate"
-[Armag] diarouga
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

yakuza wrote:well, there is a problem of favoritism here... nothing we can do @IP Man

+1
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

the basement is just a clique
No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

well, you started this topic again, dude... ;-) @evilcheadar
now, again I may raise my voice about this and the mods would try their best to choke me out :lol:
"Also I fail to see why mods should be considered like gods, they're just average people who're here to moderate"
-[Armag] diarouga