Can we use official aoe3 twitch?

Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Can we use official aoe3 twitch?

Post by forgrin »

The official aoe3 twitch stream has been sitting idle for a long time and hasn't featured aoe3 content for even longer. It still has almost 20k followers though. Should we be trying to use this resource? Obviously official eosc events will take place on eosctv but perhaps some other community content can move to the aoe3 stream or be hosted on there for the purpose of attracting new players etc.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Can we use official aoe3 twitch?

Post by momuuu »

For purposes of freedom and branding we moved on to esoctv. Now, if esoctv goes live you know what to expect which hopefully mean the interested people tune in. You miss out on a few random people that randomly decide to watch it though. I wish we could host esoctv on the official channel.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

The only person in our community who had access to the official twitch channel was Zutazuta, but even his access was revoked (for no real reason, they just forgot about him). PK Clan perhaps still has access, but yea, that's PK Clan..
I think it would be a good idea to revisit this and try contacting MS about giving us access again. The problem is that it's not really clear who manages this and who it even is who should be contacted.. You're going to have to ask around some random MS guys I guess.
You could try contacting Plus2Joe (community manager) on the official forums.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Yeah that would be cool, but I suppose MS isn't down with the donations etc. I just think there needs to be more of a bridge between ppl who randomly buy the steam game (on summer sale etc) and our community here. Even if we just had some random 1v1s casted on the channel when the game goes on steam sale (with a mention of eso-community.net and a link of course) we'd probably get alot of new people.

Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

EAGLEMUT wrote:The only person in our community who had access to the official twitch channel was Zutazuta, but even his access was revoked (for no real reason, they just forgot about him). PK Clan perhaps still has access, but yea, that's PK Clan..
I think it would be a good idea to revisit this and try contacting MS about giving us access again. The problem is that it's not really clear who manages this and who it even is who should be contacted.. You're going to have to ask around some random MS guys I guess.
You could try contacting Plus2Joe (community manager) on the official forums.

The new guy probably just changed the stream key when the old community manager left, timelines roughly match up iirc. We should try and spam their Twitter and the official forums. I don't think anyone has had access to the stream since the last aoe2 one in November 2015.

Also @ZutaZuta if you're still around, do you know anyone at MS or anything about the stream?

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I dont think its too interesting for esoc. Esoctv is much better for branding and extracting videos.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Jerom wrote:I dont think its too interesting for esoc. Esoctv is much better for branding and extracting videos.

I'm not saying to move esoc tourneys etc to the official aoe twitch. Just saying we should make an effort to get the twitch access back so when things like steam sale, maybe aoe4 news etc comes out there's easily accessible content for ppl new to the game. From there we can bring them to esoc.

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

forgrin wrote:
The new guy probably just changed the stream key when the old community manager left, timelines roughly match up iirc. We should try and spam their Twitter and the official forums. I don't think anyone has had access to the stream since the last aoe2 one in November 2015.

Also @ZutaZuta if you're still around, do you know anyone at MS or anything about the stream?

There was some access, check the last stream title: Age of Empires III FT. PK Clan 2.29.16
But yea, something like that happened and the key was changed.

There would most likely be some rules you'd have to follow on the official channel. I believe while Zuta was streaming there, swearing was banned and donations to ESOC were not supposed to be mentioned. You really should get the complete set of rules directly from MS though.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Rules are fine as long as we get viewers and mention esoc. We can keep the hookers and blow on our stream ;)

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I never understood why Smackdowns and Zuta in general moved onto ESOC channel. I think it was a great way of promoting our game by just showing high-quality gameplay with pro players, casters, maps and UI.
Ofc SS isnt particularly a thing anymore and we have our own patch, which isn't really supported by official AoE staff, bug still it's shame. We gathered over 800 ppl afaik during Spring finals last year, which were hosted on official AoE Twitch channel. After that, the frequency was a good deal lower during such events.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Cheadar cant take it over
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Why would we? The only downside to using our channel was the lack of quality options and we have those now.

@pecelot Zuta started streaming SS on esoctv (and then his channel) because the stream key to ageofempires was changed, if I recall correctly.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

No, having a fraction of followers and losing the automatic credibility that comes with streaming on the official channel are also downsides. However, it gives this site an identity and a sense of independence. I support staying on ESOCTV.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

The esoctv channel has about 5% of the official aoe3 twitch followers. I specifically clarify that moving entirely onto the official aoe twitch is not my idea, just to look into whether doing some stream events around steam sales etc would be possible to attract more people to aoe3. Obviously an official twitch stream with the name "Age of Empires" has more exposure to new players than esoctv does.

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I agree with forgrin. Let's get a key!
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

kk I message Plus2Joe on the official forums

Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Yeah, they reset the stream key when Steve left and I never bothered trying to track down the guy to get a new one. If anyone get access I'd love to stream there again, send me a pm.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Zutazuta wrote:Yeah, they reset the stream key when Steve left and I never bothered trying to track down the guy to get a new one. If anyone get access I'd love to stream there again, send me a pm.

Cool cool, good to hear you might wanna cast again :) is it ok if I invoke your name in said message? Simply because you had access before (and therefore someone at MS trusts you).

Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Sure
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Zuta casting?! Holla
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

i wish i could stream
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

play obs and you'll let others stream
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

mmmmmmeeeeeeeeh

the problem is that any time i play aoe3 or other competitive online games, i need to go downstairs, find my siblings (3 total) and get them to bugger off their computers. remember, i need to tell THREE different people to piss off and stop watching dumb shit on youtube so that my game won't lag (and if playing aoe3, the game lag for all people in the game).

fist fights, corruption, life threats, using the dog to wreack havoc: anything goes and it's the wild west in my home regarding who gets to use the internet

as the most powerful faction on my home after parents go to sleep, generally might makes right so i can really obtain that juicy bandwidth in our internet wars.

but is it worth it? just to play 3 games, get pissed at my shitty play and then go do something else?

mah fuck it
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

If your siblings are younger than you, then just try to teach them not to watch dumb YT videos and take the Internet connection just for you!
And still, you don't have to try-hard every single time, sometimes you may chill a bit and play some games with less skilled players, like me lol, or scenarioes, FFAs and such. Seriously, for me this game offers a wide spectre of modes to excel in, it seems vry interesting for me!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Buy new internet. Or move to NL our internet is cheap.