Signature Definitions and Limitations

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Signature Definitions and Limitations

Post by zoom »

Please increase Signature character limit from 255 to 350 but include BB-code in it.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Signature Definitions and Limitations

Post by deleted_user0 »

Stop abusing sigs, Zum.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

My previous signature got deleted, now I have this replacement signature which isn't as good!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It'd be so bad, I can't express my surprise enough given your recent wise thoughts, Mr @zoom :!:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

pecelot wrote:It'd be so bad, I can't express my surprise enough given your recent wise thoughts, Mr @zoom :!:
Perhaps you misunderstand me: I am saying that BB-code should count towards the character limit. Currently, it does not, despite causing the signature to take up sig-nificantly more space than regular characters. Just look at my signature: I had to remove a fucking line despite decreasing it's space occupied by 2/3.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I need another quote that mocks jim yes.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

zoom wrote:
pecelot wrote:It'd be so bad, I can't express my surprise enough given your recent wise thoughts, Mr @zoom :!:
Perhaps you misunderstand me: I am saying that BB-code should count towards the character limit. Currently, it does not, despite causing the signature to take up sig-nificantly more space than regular characters. Just look at my signature: I had to remove a fucking line despite decreasing it's space occupied by 2/3.

Hm, perhaps, I'm sorry then. I thought now it's about the number of letters that stay in your signature after BB-coding is done. If it's not like that, then it should definitely be so!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

pecelot wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Hm, perhaps, I'm sorry then. I thought now it's about the number of letters that stay in your signature after BB-coding is done. If it's not like that, then it should definitely be so!

It is like that! That's the entire problem – as well as the entire point I am trying but failing so hard to make. By suggesting to "include BB-code in it" I am directly implying that BB-code is currently not included in the character limit. I cannot possibly imply it any more directly without actually explaining it.

To illustrate my point in a way I hope is more understandable, here are the maximum signatures I can make:

With BB-code:

MadMankl wrote:Just lost to a giant trash-can!

:salt:
Kaiserklein wrote:Everyone knows you're cheating. I don't even need to prove it!

:idea:
Incogmofo wrote:I don't only post shit on ESOC – I also enjoy off topic!

:hmm:
Garja wrote:By the way, I actually tend to think the opposite.

:roll:

Without BB-code

"Everyone knows you're cheating. I don't even need to prove it!" – Kaiserclean
"I don't only post shit on ESOC – I also enjoy off topic!" – MyloCognoto
"By the way, I actually tend to think the opposite." – Il Garaja Gigante

Note how, in the case with BB-code, more content may be fitted in five times the space occupied in the case without BB-code. In my personal opinion, that is fucking stupid. In order to make it less fucking stupid, BB-code should count towards the character limit of signatures, and I accordingly reiterate the purpose of this thread:

I suggest that BB-code be counted (by a factor of two or higher) towards the signature character-limit and that the latter is increased to compensate. This way we will have 75% smaller signatures with the same content, and all shall be well on ESOC.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Oh, ok, well, for me it seems fine BB-code doesn't count, I would just ban quotes instead, as they take too much space. Why not just enlarge the overall number of characters to let's say 350? BB-coding would still be fine, while there'd be more space for „normal" writing.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

pecelot wrote:Oh, ok, well, for me it seems fine BB-code doesn't count, I would just ban quotes instead, as they take too much space. Why not just enlarge the overall number of characters to let's say 350? BB-coding would still be fine, while there'd be more space for „normal" writing.
Banning quotes should also help.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I remember back in the agecomm day I circumvented character limits by screenshotting what I intended to be my signature and then uploading that in my signature as an image.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

OP!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I definitely propose to prohibit [video][/video] codes in signatures.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Thanks, it works and it's much better for everyone lol