I'm wanting to create a challenge for the community.

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: I'm wanting to create a challenge for the community.

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

bullshit. sioux has decent chances vs france. and no 35+ sioux player should lose to any sub 32 fre player if they know the civ.

Lol you wanna play french vs soiux? how is soiux 75 vil eco gonna be able to deal with 30 cuirs 30 skirms in their base 24/7

nevermind, didnt realise u were talking treaty.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

illusioNtEk wrote:Thank you everyone for your inputs and ideas...to those of you thinking it will be easy for India to beat Port, Spain, or Brits on Orinoco NO RUSH 55 think again. I honestly think it will take a few tries even for someone PR30+ to win this bet.

That is why its called a challenge... and want to make it tuff for you guys.

Rather then having a single prize of $100. I think its best to offer $25 dollars to anyone who wins. This way everyone has a chance to win and not just one person then the challenge is over. If this challenge drags on after i'v beaten all top tier players then ill raise the prize.

Ill create a thread within 24/48 hours to start this.

seems like you have alot of cash to burn :P
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:
MCJim wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No, that's not what I think. It's just that the challenge is related to one player: beat me and you win money. How is that interesting for ESOC?
Open challenges are way more suitable, think about:
- Reach Age 5 ASAP on map x. Best time wins.
- Beat scenario [name] as soon as possible. Best time wins.

It's like Interjection did some years ago.

Well I just think that streaming this is better than not streaming anything at all.

Id argue otherwise actually. Weve worked hard to build a brand, when you tune in to esoctv 95% of the time you get a certain quality. Thats good because it binds viewers to your channel.

Have you never wondered why esoc consistently gets viewercounts higher than any other streamer?
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

umeu wrote:
illusioNtEk wrote:Thank you everyone for your inputs and ideas...to those of you thinking it will be easy for India to beat Port, Spain, or Brits on Orinoco NO RUSH 55 think again. I honestly think it will take a few tries even for someone PR30+ to win this bet.

Rather then having a single prize of $100. I think its best to offer $25 dollars to anyone who wins. This way everyone has a chance to win and not just one person then the challenge is over. If this challenge drags on after i'v beaten all top tier players then ill raise the prize.

im not rich or anything but got some money to blow... I don't plan on losing to many matches on this challenge
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

illusioNtEk wrote:
umeu wrote:

im not rich or anything but got some money to blow... I don't plan on losing to many matches on this challenge

Maybe just cap it at like a max of 5-6 winners so you don't regret it later.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

that just brings back the old problem that the first to try and succeed get paid while others dont have a chance cuz they were later on the list. if you add the element of time, then 100 can try and still 5 max would get paid no matter if only 5 succeeded, or 50.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

sirmusket wrote:
HeatitUP_ wrote:Make the cash prize $1,000 to make things interesting.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL ur avatar is best one of seen to date

lol pested
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

sdsanft wrote:
illusioNtEk wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Maybe just cap it at like a max of 5-6 winners so you don't regret it later.

It's not like he won't be able to forfeit whenever he will want to, as it's his own challenge :!:
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

umeu wrote:that just brings back the old problem that the first to try and succeed get paid while others dont have a chance cuz they were later on the list. if you add the element of time, then 100 can try and still 5 max would get paid no matter if only 5 succeeded, or 50.

If someone is willing to play NR 55 enough to get good at it then they deserve $100 no matter what.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

lordraphael wrote:to export this into "rush " standards : from what ive read this would the same if some rdm lt/ capt would challenge anybody to beat him in the most unfavourable mu on RE patch. Which would be dutch vs japan IMO. While this is an impossible mu for players with equal skill level its quite an easy task for players that are above pr 35 plus. Its kinda free money for any decent player that takes on the task.

It's actually infinitely worse. It's like Otto vs Brit but the Otto player gets to start in age 2. NR balance is really bad and you can afford to make mistakes in NR.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

_H2O wrote:
lordraphael wrote:to export this into "rush " standards : from what ive read this would the same if some rdm lt/ capt would challenge anybody to beat him in the most unfavourable mu on RE patch. Which would be dutch vs japan IMO. While this is an impossible mu for players with equal skill level its quite an easy task for players that are above pr 35 plus. Its kinda free money for any decent player that takes on the task.

It's actually infinitely worse. It's like Otto vs Brit but the Otto player gets to start in age 2. NR balance is really bad and you can afford to make mistakes in NR.
That's the worst match-up you can think of??
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

MCJim wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
MCJim wrote:See, it's more an individual challenge for you, which is nice. But I wouldn't relate this to ESOC.

So you think less people will watch ESOC for next events if you stream this on ESOC? I dont understand why

No, that's not what I think. It's just that the challenge is related to one player: beat me and you win money. How is that interesting for ESOC?
Open challenges are way more suitable, think about:
- Reach Age 5 ASAP on map x. Best time wins.
- Beat scenario [name] as soon as possible. Best time wins.

It's like Interjection did some years ago.
It's interesting for ESOC because it's interesting for the community. If there's a decent streamer to cast it should be good.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Jerom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well I just think that streaming this is better than not streaming anything at all.

Id argue otherwise actually. Weve worked hard to build a brand, when you tune in to esoctv 95% of the time you get a certain quality. Thats good because it binds viewers to your channel.

Have you never wondered why esoc consistently gets viewercounts higher than any other streamer?

It's high quality but I think a lot of people watch it because it's always casted, at least I do.

Why do you think this event would be such low quality anyway? It's main attributes are:

-Treaty
-Lower level vs high level player

Yet you stream games that have at least one or both of these (or even "worse") attributes. For example, you stream low lvl vs low lvl games in the treaty tournaments. You stream low lvl vs low lvl games in the ASC and starvation tournaments. At least this Illusiontek's event will feature at least some very high level players, it unique content (like starvation), it's for money, and I think it will be competitive (As mentioned by NiceKing above, Illusiontek can give the money to the person who beats him the fastest).
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

Ever since I installed some windows updates recently my stream has been causing me to lag which it didn't before the update. I'v tried many troubleshooting steps but for some reason the lag continues when I stream. I'm therefor reinstalling windows 10 and should continue with this challenge soon.

Can't wait to fight the top tier players :)
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

If this is casted I would love to watch.