I'm wanting to create a challenge for the community.

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: I'm wanting to create a challenge for the community.

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:to export this into "rush " standards : from what ive read this would the same if some rdm lt/ capt would challenge anybody to beat him in the most unfavourable mu on RE patch. Which would be dutch vs japan IMO. While this is an impossible mu for players with equal skill level its quite an easy task for players that are above pr 35 plus. Its kinda free money for any decent player that takes on the task.

I don't know that much about India vs port but French vs Dutch for example would be much much harder than Japan vs Dutch in sup.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

@illusioNtEk In order to have this challange last as long as possible and give everyone a try, maybe play the challangers in the order of lowest to highest ELO or something like that?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

First, Port vs India is a very bad MU for india overall and second, orinoco and 55 nr mode widens the gap between them even more and also gets Spain in the best possible spot. since you've got a secure position behind you with walls you need very low numbers of anti-cav and wont need to worry about india running elsewhere or flanking cav - which leaves pop space for the already strong cannon game of ports.
That being said, you already got that right raphael, its a game against a 1st luit - no offense, but you can probably expect some sloppy cannon micro and unit composition along with slow reaction time to unforseen things. It prolly wont even need a pr 35+, Hes just wasting his money if this challenge really goes down.

Still don't like the "hey look at me! with that MU im able to beat majors" attitude though.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:
lordraphael wrote:to export this into "rush " standards : from what ive read this would the same if some rdm lt/ capt would challenge anybody to beat him in the most unfavourable mu on RE patch. Which would be dutch vs japan IMO. While this is an impossible mu for players with equal skill level its quite an easy task for players that are above pr 35 plus. Its kinda free money for any decent player that takes on the task.

I don't know that much about India vs port but French vs Dutch for example would be much much harder than Japan vs Dutch in sup.

On the other hand, illusiontek is much worse than lordraphael relatively.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hmm, I could give this a try.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

I might try it
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

i want to try this . i am online if u wanna play
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

See, it's more an individual challenge for you, which is nice. But I wouldn't relate this to ESOC.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Sign me up mate. my eso is insectpoison btw
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

MCJim wrote:See, it's more an individual challenge for you, which is nice. But I wouldn't relate this to ESOC.

So you think less people will watch ESOC for next events if you stream this on ESOC? I dont understand why
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

This challenge makes no sense, you have like 10 people wanting to try it yet only 1 can win?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

InsectPoison wrote:This challenge makes no sense, you have like 10 people wanting to try it yet only 1 can win?

You have 100 people in a tournament but only 3 can win some money. I suggested that he starts from the lowest to highest competitor to give more people a chance and enjoy his challange more.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
Well it's a bit different, as the tr game mode is much more imbalanced than sup. India vs port or Spain or brit isn't anywhere near the most imbalanced mu. Something like French vs soiux is. The thing is French vs soiux is so imbalanced that a random captain could beat the best active player. Also being nr 55 instead of 40 puts a twist on things. Especially on orincio if you're playing vs port you have to be really careful cause he can basically monitor half your base from his side of the map.....

bullshit. sioux has decent chances vs france. and no 35+ sioux player should lose to any sub 32 fre player if they know the civ.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ovi12 wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:This challenge makes no sense, you have like 10 people wanting to try it yet only 1 can win?

You have 100 people in a tournament but only 3 can win some money. I suggested that he starts from the lowest to highest competitor to give more people a chance and enjoy his challange more.

well he has a point. because if the first to sign up wins it, then the other can't play anymore. So imo, i would make it into whoever can drain his score below some certain number the fastest wins. So this way he can lose vs more player than 1 (if he loses at all) yet only 1 can win. and it will stimulate the top players to play their best because its not just about winning but also about winning fast
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:
Well it's a bit different, as the tr game mode is much more imbalanced than sup. India vs port or Spain or brit isn't anywhere near the most imbalanced mu. Something like French vs soiux is. The thing is French vs soiux is so imbalanced that a random captain could beat the best active player. Also being nr 55 instead of 40 puts a twist on things. Especially on orincio if you're playing vs port you have to be really careful cause he can basically monitor half your base from his side of the map.....

bullshit. sioux has decent chances vs france. and no 35+ sioux player should lose to any sub 32 fre player if they know the civ.

He's talking about treaty....
Sioux doesn't have walls....
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

ovi12 wrote:

he will probably lose to all of them, thats the problem. then who takes home the money?
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

ovi12 wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

He's talking about treaty....
Sioux doesn't have walls....

In the fan patch we have given them walls.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:

Lol you wanna play french vs soiux? how is soiux 75 vil eco gonna be able to deal with 30 cuirs 30 skirms in their base 24/7
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:

umeu you know hes talking about treaty fre vs sioux, at least i was under that impression.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

InsectPoison wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

he will probably lose to all of them, thats the problem. then who takes home the money?

The one who beats him first. That's why he starts at lowest ELO and works up. Or however he wants to do it, it's his money.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Who beats him faster wins!
It would be more interesting.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Who beats him faster wins!
It would be more interesting.

Good idea!!
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

Thank you everyone for your inputs and ideas...to those of you thinking it will be easy for India to beat Port, Spain, or Brits on Orinoco NO RUSH 55 think again. I honestly think it will take a few tries even for someone PR30+ to win this bet.

That is why its called a challenge... and want to make it tuff for you guys.

Rather then having a single prize of $100. I think its best to offer $25 dollars to anyone who wins. This way everyone has a chance to win and not just one person then the challenge is over. If this challenge drags on after i'v beaten all top tier players then ill raise the prize.

Ill create a thread within 24/48 hours to start this.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

ovi12 wrote:
MCJim wrote:See, it's more an individual challenge for you, which is nice. But I wouldn't relate this to ESOC.

So you think less people will watch ESOC for next events if you stream this on ESOC? I dont understand why

No, that's not what I think. It's just that the challenge is related to one player: beat me and you win money. How is that interesting for ESOC?
Open challenges are way more suitable, think about:
- Reach Age 5 ASAP on map x. Best time wins.
- Beat scenario [name] as soon as possible. Best time wins.

It's like Interjection did some years ago.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

MCJim wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

No, that's not what I think. It's just that the challenge is related to one player: beat me and you win money. How is that interesting for ESOC?
Open challenges are way more suitable, think about:
- Reach Age 5 ASAP on map x. Best time wins.
- Beat scenario [name] as soon as possible. Best time wins.

It's like Interjection did some years ago.

Well I just think that streaming this is better than not streaming anything at all.