Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Why on earth are you STILL able to send me e-mails if every single option there is for that purpose is disabled?
If I do not want to receive any, what forum is this to ignore my right of privacy?
This is a paragraph of the Site Rules; Your own rules.
- 11) Respect the privacy of others. Do not pressure anyone into revealing private or real-life information, for example: names, addresses, phone numbers, or other such information.
Although we are not talking about reavealing private or real-life information we are still talking about my personal privacy.
I've already asked you to check whether I want to receive any as this happened before, your kind answer has been the following:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:I think those settings exclude you from emails sent with the forum provider. The current emails were sent with amazon's email service.

If that is really the case, give me an option to exclude me from those; I thought you would have done that on your own, as I have not seen any changes regarding that very topic.
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Re: E-Mail

Post by Buckethead »

tournament-signups.php

"By signing up to this tournament you accept that eso-community.net can send you information and reminders about ESOC events."
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

You do not mention e-mails in that sentence.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

"information and reminders"

We don't condone the use of doves as messengers.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

ESOC notifications are the thing I thought of at the very first.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It ofc means email cause they don't need any sort of permissions to send you a message on their forum lol. You accepted that when you created an account.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

No one checks their notifications lol
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

gibson wrote:It ofc means email cause they don't need any sort of permissions to send you a message on their forum lol. You accepted that when you created an account.

By accessing “ESOCommunity” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “ESOCommunity”, “http://eso-community.net”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “ESOCommunity”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “ESOCommunity” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Limited”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “GNU General Public License v2” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions; phpBB Limited is not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “ESOCommunity” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “ESOCommunity” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “ESOCommunity” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:No one checks their notifications lol

Is that my problem?

EDIT: Another quote I found in the Privacy Policy section:
"Furthermore, within your account, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated emails from the phpBB software."
Given that these emails have been automatically generates that is a violation of your own rules.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

yemshi wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:No one checks their notifications lol

Is that my problem?

EDIT: Another quote I found in the Privacy Policy section:
"Furthermore, within your account, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated emails from the phpBB software."
Given that these emails have been automatically generates that is a violation of your own rules.

They're not generated via phpBB.

I still don't get why you're making such a big deal out of this though. You literally agree to us sending you information and reminders when you signed up. Are you just making a scene because you can or are you too lazy to add the email to your ignore list?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yemshi wrote:
gibson wrote:It ofc means email cause they don't need any sort of permissions to send you a message on their forum lol. You accepted that when you created an account.

By accessing “ESOCommunity” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “ESOCommunity”, “http://eso-community.net”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “ESOCommunity”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “ESOCommunity” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Limited”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “GNU General Public License v2” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions; phpBB Limited is not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “ESOCommunity” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “ESOCommunity” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “ESOCommunity” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
How is that relevant? "your" forum account isn't even really yours. The owners of the forum can deactivate it any time they like. They don't have to ask permission to send you anything via forum pm lol, it's their forum. You don't have to ask someone permission before sending them a pm, so why would they? Hence the only logical thing they could be talking about was personal email. You're turning a tiny irrelevant thing into a massive shit storm for no reason. Part of having an email is getting spam, and this really isn't even spam. How about instead of hitching about this you go through your spam folder on your email and bitch to every single person who's sent you actual spam?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

gibson wrote:How is that relevant? "your" forum account isn't even really yours.

Administrators have access to my account and may play around with my account if deemed necessary. "Your" is one of the best words to clear someones possession though and my account does clearly belong to me.

gibson wrote: The owners of the forum can deactivate it any time they like. They don't have to ask permission to send you anything via forum pm lol, it's their forum.

gibson wrote: You don't have to ask someone permission before sending them a pm, so why would they? Hence the only logical thing they could be talking about was personal email.

If we were only talking about forum PM's I wouldn't say a word. The only logical thing they could talk about would be a PM on ESOC - since I and surely some others disabled that option in the Profile section.

gibson wrote: Part of having an email is getting spam, and this really isn't even spam. How about instead of hitching about this you go through your spam folder on your email and bitch to every single person who's sent you actual spam?

Do you know what I am doing in my freetime? Who told you that I don't do that? I'm hitching about this on ESOC and on every other platform/site etc. where I have only the slightest chance of something like this getting changed.

Mr_Bramboy wrote: They're not generated via phpBB.

Okay, via what system or whatever are they generated?

Mr_Bramboy wrote: Are you just making a scene because you can or are you too lazy to add the email to your ignore list?

gibson wrote: You're turning a tiny irrelevant thing into a massive shit storm for no reason.

Mr_Bramboy wrote: I still don't get why you're making such a big deal out of this though.

Because I heavily dislike the fact you sent me emails. As simple as that, I may have my own personal reasonings for that.

Only thing I want is one of the following:
1) Give me an option to exclude me from those emails
2) Simply include/add/amend it into the site rules or make announcements regarding that topic more clear and specific
3) Just don't send emails
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well I don't know for a fact that you're not bitching to everyone who sends you an email that you deem to be useless, but I'm 99% sure that you arent. You realize that you could just mark it as spam, than in the future all those messages will go to your spam folder right? Ofc you can have your own personal reasons for not wanting email, just as I think you're acting like a spoiled little brat over something you could solve yourself in a matter of seconds and isn't harming you in the first place. And just to get it out there, I also dislike people who complain to others about their own personal problems when it's something they could fix themselves in under 5 seconds, AKA you! It shows that you have tendencies to make tiny things into monster issues, complain and whine to others just to try to prove a point, and are unwilling to make compromises.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

I am unwilling to make a compromise in that case, true. And it might be a little thing as well, true.
I don't care whether you dislike me or not.
I don't want to it to be put into a spam ordner as well, for a reason I do not want to say here, not only because it does not belong here but also because that reason is ridiculously stupid from my side.
I'm not gonna whine about again, I just want you to either prove me wrong or to do one of the above.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Prove you wrong about what lol. You agreed to receive emails when you signed up for the tournament. Solutions to not receiving( or seeing) emails would be to deactivate your forum account or mark the email as spam. That's really all there is to it. If you are unwilling to do either of those things then you'll have to subject yourself to the horror of receiving an email every now and then.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Tell me that there has been an option to make me not receive emails.
Again, I accepted that you can send me notifications and reminders because I thought that you would notificate and remind me in that way I allowed you to which it seems has been a little foolish from me.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Man I didn't get any email, and I signed up for the tourney too. You probs got your settings wrong somewhere
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I would assume there probably isn't because I doubt they expected anyone to throw a massive tantrum over receiving two emails that everyone agreed to when they signed up for the tourney.....
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

Okay, this not happen again.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kaiserklein wrote:Man I didn't get any email, and I signed up for the tourney too. You probs got your settings wrong somewhere

You do not receive the email because you are not in group stage
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Group stage emails were generated by manual sql query to determine who had not played.

We hardly abuse the sending of emails. Understood you don't want to be opted in. We will add the notion of checking your user profile settings to decide who we mail.

That said I would also realize that we are doing things for the first time here including this group mailing. No need to get too upset over a few emails.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Thank you.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

yemshi wrote:

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Limited”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “GNU General Public License v2” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions; phpBB Limited is not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.

One e-mail for godsake. Just block them how hard can it be?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I only got a single email.

I remember back in the day (this was a few weeks ago) where we got 10 of them. fun times
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

You were one of the first 100 users or so. A bug in how we did it caused a few people to get several copies of the email. (First time doing these things!)