Hai

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Hai

Post by zoom »

I suggest ESOC moderators stop locking threads because a certain number of posts was made, or because it came up heads. It's annoying and counter-productive. Try moderating violations of site rules instead. I still cannot believe I haven't been banned, by the way.

"Someone made an interesting post – lock 'er up bois!"
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Hai

Post by edeholland »

2) Respect site staff and their decisions. The management of this site is made possible through the efforts of people freely devoting their time and/or money to its maintenance and moderation. If you have a problem with the moderation of the site, send a message to Administrator/Moderators. You may not, however, publicly complain about or demand reasons for moderation actions. Public discussion of moderation policy must be confined to this thread alone: (none available at this time). Harassment of site staff on the forum or other services will lead to consequences as well.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

But in all seriousness: what threads are you talking about exactly?
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

I think he talked about the topic iwillspankyou created. Even though most of what has been said about the subject pretty much covered everything, things nice were coming out of it so it is a pity it has been locked.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Agreed. Just because a bunch of people are discussing whether or not garja deserves the flaming doesn't mean that a great topic like that needs to be locked. Instead, remove posts from offenders and issue warnings if not temporary bans.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

I agree.

BUT:

2) Respect site staff and their decisions. The management of this site is made possible through the efforts of people freely devoting their time and/or money to its maintenance and moderation. If you have a problem with the moderation of the site, send a message to Administrator. You may not, however, publicly complain about or demand reasons for moderation actions. Public discussion of moderation policy must be confined to this thread alone: (none available at this time). Harassment of site staff on the forum or other services will lead to consequences as well.

What will happen now?...

.. Find out next in another episode of "'how am I still not banned' with zooo".
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

the topic had a good message but i think it was counter productive
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I am not discussing a particular moderator decision; I am suggesting that ESOC moderators in general focus less on closing threads for arbitrary reasons, and more on behaviour that meaningfully violates site rules. Also to this end, threads should only be closed when moderating individual posts is not sufficient. I respect moderators and their actions alike.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

How dare you post sensible and nuanced views on these boards.

off with his head
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Which head?
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

I'm agree whit @zoom . Is really no sense close the tread, it was maybe the best one and costruttive one i've seen. Moderators here let people being flamed whitout any intervention and close costruttive threads. I don't want flame or something else, but this admin's team is really looking not able to get right decision and whit a big lack of intelligent sometimes. I think we all love this game and we all want make actions to keep it alive as possible, interesting and to bring new players. It's not possible that in a forum free-flaming is so allowed and the only way a person can do vs the flame is reporting the post. This game as to defend itself from cheaters, no fucking consideraction from microsfot, the only way to take it alive are players and this community. Players can be th killers or the doctors for this game. Admins, Moderators have to controll players behaviour. If one nilla player come here and ask for something he will be called nilla scrubs, nilla noob, come tad. Is it a good way?? Honestly the player say fuck to ESOC, fuck to tad that just look unbelanced from who come from nilla and we lost people as community. There are a lot of media now that can bring players to age. Twitch, youtube and they all bring to know this community and the fan patch and r4go's fap patch xD. But a begginer that join there, lives this shits just unistall the game and looks for another game whit the idea that age's community only sux and is full of retards. Personally i can remember my experience when i played the tournament, i was free flammed whit a lot of injury, bad words by eueueu just becouse he wasn't online at the time we dediced to play for the 2-3 times, days passed before and admin this something. And when i did a threads about cheaters and asking for a cheater's list it was closed in few hours and I was allerted that next time i will be banned, or worst when i did a thread in the off-topic telling that french civ is the only civs whit mono male vills, a trhead where i was just having fun, was just for joke and keep a funny armony in a community where all the time flaming battles. I know my engish suck and i hope you can understand what i want to tell. I apprecciate a lot your work as admins and the time you spend on it, but bad decision from admins is a big problem we have to solve. I hope you will re-open the theads, it was bringing a lot of flamers back on his steps and thinking to have a better way.
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

When we delete posts from a topic to clean it up, we get berated for deleting people's posts. When we lock threads because a thread gets out of hand, we get berated for locking threads. I don't know what we're supposed to do if we can't lock or delete.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

musketeer925 wrote:When we delete posts from a topic to clean it up, we get berated for deleting people's posts. When we lock threads because a thread gets out of hand, we get berated for locking threads. I don't know what we're supposed to do if we can't lock or delete.

Quote it.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

musketeer925 wrote:When we delete posts from a topic to clean it up, we get berated for deleting people's posts. When we lock threads because a thread gets out of hand, we get berated for locking threads. I don't know what we're supposed to do if we can't lock or delete.
I certainly understand and sympathize with this conundrum, however, it's really irrelevant to my argument, since I'm not berating anyone, and am suggesting a priority which necessarily leads to less beratement.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

The problem is that the mods have no accountability. There should be an election system run by the ESOC Council to appoint new mods every three months.
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

maybe the populus should vote for EShOC Council electors who would then choose the mods?? :hmm:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Yesh, it ish the only way to enshure a balance of power within the community.
Top quality poster.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

zoom wrote:
I certainly understand and sympathize with this conundrum, however, it's really irrelevant to my argument, since I'm not berating anyone, and am suggesting a priority which necessarily leads to less beratement.

I really don't understand your suggestion though. You suggest "moderating site rules violations". Do you mean deleting posts that violate rules? Banning users? We have a limited set of tools to use to moderate, and they tend to either be ineffective or cause complaints.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

My bad.

In essence, I am saying that deleting (unless editing suffices) posts is always preferable to locking entire threads, and that the latter should only be the last resort. Furthermore, I am saying that locking threads not in violation of any rules is beyond ridiculous.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I will agree with @zoom on this subject. Even though he is not referring to a specific post (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8691), but are talking more in general terms - the closing of one of the most popular post for "ages" should make some debate, or at least raise some question to "why"?
In only 2 days there was 176 posts made, and it had 3266 views. Its clear that the message resonated with a lot of the members!
I can understand admins thinking "all is said here, and its going nowhere now" - but if that is the case, the thread would have been forgotten and gone in to oblivion like the thousands of post has done before! To be fair, I also had some thoughts in that direction - that all is said and we are going off topic or in circles.
or @iNcog argument that the post was starting to get "counterproductive" in some ways - maybe so?? Who are you to judge what is productive and what is not, anyway?

But to close it like that, for no given reason at all, when the thread was not braking any ESOC rules to my knowledge, is something I cannot agree with, or understand.
Would be better to ban a post or 2, instead of shutting it up like that - IMO.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

the council is the foremost champion of the law
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »