The Council's program

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: The Council's program

Post by deleted_user0 »

iro doesnt actually have a low skill cap, its not harder or easier to play than france or russia. also goongoon, nagayumi, garja and h2o were all good at iro. undoubtedly i missed some others. the reason many wont play them is because there has always been this sorta snobbishness to not play strong civs. it was the same with spain on nilla, people woudlnt play them and say they were easy. on tad suddenly they were ok, even though the civ was mechanically exactly the same (and spain is actually a micro intensive civ if you want to play them properly).
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

This all seems rather off topic. Especially the part where your criticism comes alongside of own effort, that is not something that fits the council at all.

The council using esoc and a special color should never have been allowed, theyre basically impersonating staff.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Jerom wrote:This all seems rather off topic. Especially the part where your criticism comes alongside of own effort, that is not something that fits the council at all.

The council using esoc and a special color should never have been allowed, theyre basically impersonating staff.

Am i?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

who is your zoi if you are impersonating goodspeed?
mad cuz bad
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

IF THE MODS WERE GONE IT WOULD BE SO GREAT
I COULD STREAM ON THE FORUMS AND MASTURBATE
Top quality poster.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Laurence Drake wrote:IF THE MODS WERE GONE IT WOULD BE SO GREAT
I COULD STREAM ON THE FORUMS AND MASTURBATE

Surely that would draw a crowd :hmm:
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:iro doesnt actually have a low skill cap, its not harder or easier to play than france or russia. also goongoon, nagayumi, garja and h2o were all good at iro. undoubtedly i missed some others. the reason many wont play them is because there has always been this sorta snobbishness to not play strong civs. it was the same with spain on nilla, people woudlnt play them and say they were easy. on tad suddenly they were ok, even though the civ was mechanically exactly the same (and spain is actually a micro intensive civ if you want to play them properly).

it's not topic about iro, eventho. you have urge to explain your perfect (!) iro bo's everywhere.. it's not right place to do that...

please dont burn the council's thread
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I have a few concerns about the council's manifesto. First, I'm unsure about what exactly the council means when they allude to open discussions about moderation. I say this because every time such a discussion has been attempted, it has turned into a staff-bashing session by the second page. Most council members seem to be far more interested in launching personal attacks than actually discussing conduct - just look at the duck's Twitch discussion with Mimsy a few pages back. Let's just be clear here - no matter what happens, this kind of "discussion" where users just vent at individual staff members will never be permitted. Flaming never has been allowed and never will be.

The other thing I picked up on was the blatant hypocrisy - council members are calling for a level of user conduct that they have never adhered to for ny length of time. Until such times as they are as respectful and in control of themselves as they think others should be, I suggest they think twice before they criticize.

One closing thought: the council is just a group of discontented users, many of whom have been banned for their trolling habits. Don't mistaken them for anything else.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness. - Lao Tzu
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The key to forums is to not have a council. - Jerom
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Papist wrote:I have a few concerns about the council's manifesto. First, I'm unsure about what exactly the council means when they allude to open discussions about moderation. I say this because every time such a discussion has been attempted, it has turned into a staff-bashing session by the second page. Most council members seem to be far more interested in launching personal attacks than actually discussing conduct - just look at the duck's Twitch discussion with Mimsy a few pages back. Let's just be clear here - no matter what happens, this kind of "discussion" where users just vent at individual staff members will never be permitted. Flaming never has been allowed and never will be.

The other thing I picked up on was the blatant hypocrisy - council members are calling for a level of user conduct that they have never adhered to for ny length of time. Until such times as they are as respectful and in control of themselves as they think others should be, I suggest they think twice before they criticize.

One closing thought: the council is just a group of discontented users, many of whom have been banned for their trolling habits. Don't mistaken them for anything else.

thanks
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Mimsy for President wrote:The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness. - Lao Tzu

You have to address to very reasonable concerns people have raised about you guys before you claim to have reached a "higher dimension", lol.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Papist wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness. - Lao Tzu

You have to address to very reasonable concerns people have raised about you guys before you claim to have reached a "higher dimension", lol.
excuse me I'm a god bitch