The Council's program

Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

The Council's program

Post by Mimsy for President »

Distinguished guests, brothers and sisters, ladies and gentlemen, new friends and old enemies,

I want to point out first that I am very happy to be here and am thankful to the people who worked toward my vindication for the invitation to come here on ESO-Community tonight.

This community is so dear to my heart that I could not not come back. I am here today to announce the ESOC Council’s program to you for the sake of our survival and for the sake of our well-being.

I am aware that there will be a lot of converging and diverging views regarding our suggestions, but please remember the rules of common courtesy towards each other.

Long live the Council, long live ESOC and long live our community!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
You can read the Council's program here: https://goo.gl/1ZEsl8
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: The Council's program

Post by deleted_user »

I never understood all this shit. It's useless bickering to me.

That being said I'm asking the over/under on number of replies before this gets locked. I'm going at under 40.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

deleted_user wrote:I never understood all this shit. It's useless bickering to me.

That being said I'm asking the over/under on number of replies before this gets locked. I'm going at under 40.

The mods are gonna have to take multiple painkillers before even attempting to moderate this thread. I'm going with 5 pages.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

deleted_user wrote:I never understood all this shit. It's useless bickering to me.

Let me get a parlay of under and NO lock
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Take this from one, perhaps delusional member, who's been here since day one, as an opinion, the forums are better now than they were in their hay day of shitposts.

That also being said, I will give you credit for the... rhetoric.. you've supplied us with here today. That must have been a very taxing write up. A+ graphics as well. I assume you make power points of similar quality.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

im being optimistic and blessing it with 2 pages
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

How did the basement not even get a mention
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

fightinfrenchman wrote:How did the basement not even get a mention

Y'all are too tame
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

The basement is the original movement, always remember that
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:How did the basement not even get a mention

Y'all are too tame

I might need to consider starting to shitpost
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Noooooo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Goodspeed wrote:Noooooo

Yeeee
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Why mimsy should not have been unbanned, part 27.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:Why mimsy should not have been unbanned, part 27.

I agree too many unbannings going on #buildthewall
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

I would like to propose a standing ovation for mimsy, and a life-term gulag sentence for the heretical jerom!
Top quality poster.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

This is one of the most vapid and silkiest strokes of a collective e-penis that I've ever seen.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

lesllamas wrote:This is one of the most vapid and silkiest strokes of a collective e-penis that I've ever seen.

quit jerkin' it dude
:idea:
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

I just read the full thing, and tbh, good design, but that's it.
Tldr: #modtheear is now #moddiarouga.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

As a member of the community who shares many of the Council's apparent ideals and goals, I found that the program presented here was rather weak. I consider it to be poorly-written and extremely vague; however, this does not immediately necessitate that I am opposed to the Council's existence, its goals, or its stated and not-stated solutions. I needed to learn more about the Council, preferably through direct communication with a Council member, before I could lend the Council my support in whatever its aims are. Perhaps, even, as the current senior officer of the legendary Triple Entente clan, it would be possible for Triple Entente to formally partner with the Council.

Unfortunately, I had the opportunity to have such a conversation with a person who claimed to be a representative of the Council, and it is difficult to hide my disappointment. In a conversation that I hoped would enlighten me about the Council's plans and its proposed solutions to its perceived problems, I was instead repeatedly insulted personally by this representative, with the justification for this continuous stream of insults being the constructive criticism that I gave about the Council's released program.

I asked for the alleged representative's direct superior, and my request was denied on the grounds that the Council has no hierarchy. I asked for an alternative representative to have a conversation with, in the hopes that I would receive a representative more open to constructive criticism and less quick to personal attacks, and my request was not even acknowledged, despite being made multiple times. The alleged representative decided to silence my speech in three ways:

• Repeated attacks against my character rather than my argument in an attempt to make me feel unwelcome in the community.
  • Demands to restrict my speech only to the approved locations, particularly the Council Discord channel, rather than in any place that I please.
  • Outright dismissal of my views because of the perception that I may be biased towards the current ESOC staff, with the apparent bias stemming from my recent 1st place finish in the 2nd Chance Tournament.

If this member is indeed a representative of the Council, then for an organization that claims to value free speech, it is becoming evident that they consider free speech to contain only their approved speech in their approved locations. For an organization that claims to value equality and an environment in which everyone is nice and happy, it is becoming evident that they consider civility to involve a repeated stream of unwarranted personal attacks. I consider this to be a strong indicator that the Council needs a major shift in its upper leadership immediately, or it will not be able to attract any more than a small minority of ESOC members to its cause. Therefore, I urge the Council to appoint me as director of all Council operations, taking over as administrator of all current and future Council infrastructure (including the Discord channel), with freedom to significantly reorganize its leadership, its representatives, and its general body. I consider this to be essential for both the Council's continued survival and ESOC's.

For posterity, I have attached a transcript of my conversation with the Council's alleged representative. Here, I am the Twitch user "songhyeonDuck", the alleged representative is "Djigit_", and ESOC Media Team Member SirCallen is "SirCallenAoE".
Attachments
chat_transcript.png
duck
:mds:
imo
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Idk man, I feel like the council has surpassed the basement. The basement should show it's program so we can really make up our minds.

All this drama I love it
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

not like your tone was fine either
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

tedere12 wrote:not like your tone was fine either

I apologize if my tone was overly aggressive towards the alleged representative; it was not intended to be so. It should be noted that I did not directly insult the character of the other person, except in a strictly business-related fashion: I needed to remark on their lack of civility so that I may have a conversation with a more appropriate representative. This alleged representative, on the other hand, did make direct attacks on my character which were not applicable to the discussion at hand, and persisted when I asked them to stop. More importantly, any representative of the Council should be held to a higher standard than someone such as myself with no affiliation to any organization with similar goals, and so it is not to their credit to be doing no worse than me.
duck
:mds:
imo
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Are you the son of Zoom Duolckrad?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The actual council's program is to continuously attack esoc staff (you know, those people that picked up esoc as a hobby and end up spending time getting shit on by a community for everything they do basically) while not doing anything themselves. If you, for some miraculous reason, want to help esoc out, you should probably just pm and admin and do shit. That being said the core of the council appears as a group of immature trolls that are trying to bring destruction and divide the community.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

lol!