Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: choosing a civ

Post by Mitoe »

lordraphael wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks @__Uhlan__

Dutch BOs are quite easy, the hard part is to actually win a game since every MU seems like an uphill battle

every bo is easy. THe whole game is easy.

This statement makes me sad :(

If that's how you feel about the game then you're clearly not playing the game to its potential. Although I guess Russia/Otto/Aztec rushes are pretty easy. :P

I mean, I know we disagree about almost everything we've ever discussed in this game, but come on, that statement is pretty arrogant.

Anyway, to answer the OP, probably French or British are your best bet. They're strong or at least playable in almost every situation, if you know what to do.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Mitoe wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks @__Uhlan__

Dutch BOs are quite easy, the hard part is to actually win a game since every MU seems like an uphill battle

every bo is easy. THe whole game is easy.

This statement makes me sad :(

If that's how you feel about the game then you're clearly not playing the game to its potential. Although I guess Russia/Otto/Aztec rushes are pretty easy. :P

I mean, I know we disagree about almost everything we've ever discussed in this game, but come on, that statement is pretty arrogant.

Anyway, to answer the OP, probably French or British are your best bet. They're strong or at least playable in almost every situation, if you know what to do.

and you tell me im arrogant
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

I mean, I do find the current "all-in rush every game" meta really annoying.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Mitoe wrote:I mean, I do find the current "all-in rush every game" meta really annoying.

thats fine but every post you make seems to have at least one component pointed towards me. Yes i did win vs your good friend h2o and yes i played mostly all in strats. So what ? get over it and stop sneaking in hidden accusations towards me. Its just really annoying.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

I mean you do the same thing to me every time you're in any twitch chat :(

Anyway, I'm sorry. I disagree about the whole game being easy though.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Man you guys can't argue it's like watching mom and dad try to hide their divorce i don't like it
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Its true though, every build order is easy. I think a top player can tell a majorish player the right build order, have him try it 3-4 times against AI to get it smoothly and then that player can beat people of his rank and usually a bit higher with that build order even if he has little to no experience with the civ.

Things get complicated when a match up cannot easily be explained with just one build order but require adaptation based on specific things you scout. Thats why Id disagree that Dutch build order stuff is easy. Its a really punishing civ to play imo. Civs that arent as reactive are much easier in that sense.

Though when you choose a civ you should just choose what you enjoy. In most games I tend to try out a few things and then aim towards something that feels somewhat complicated and hard to play because thats more rewarding in the end.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Executing strats and macroing properly is indeed pretty easy with any civ. But the main aspect of the game is the strategy, and with its 14 different civs and and so many mus the strategic part of this game is very deep, and far from easy. Specially if you consider the influence of maps (water, res or tp availability) on civ relations. The tactical element is also very prominent due to shipment points, batch reinforcements and (sadly) pathing.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

@deleted_user come play
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

No not today