How can i improve my strategies in long term?

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: How can i improve my strategies in long term?

Post by deleted_user0 »

wicker basket is another example of a pr25 with bad micro.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

That's why you play india and ship urumi bro.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

WickedCossack wrote:That's why you play india and ship urumi bro.

Don't forget the sepoy z move everygame
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

umeu wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:I see @deleted_user , but even at pr30 level we arent great but we arent stacking 2k coin. I definitely agree that micro comes after macro and strats, but im quite sure that im often losing games with a bigger mass and good comp, because i get bad engages in bad places. Its not top priority, but its something you have to improve eventually...

not necessarily, somppu and mongo got pr38+ with dragboxing their units every game. sure it's something that you may improve on eventually, but even when taking big engagements, it's much more important that you have the right composition and the right position, rather than that you micro the individual units back and forth. In fact, in many fights I see people trying too hard to micro and it actually costs them the fight because its often just counter productive.

Now I agree with you, I think it was just a problem of terminology.
When I was talking about micro, I was refering to everything related to "militar unit control", so "having the right positioning and engaging well" fits here, which I think we agree its hight priority.
individual micro, focus fire and others small tricks sure arent that big of a priority.

that beeing said..."im often losing games with a bigger mass and good comp, because i get bad engages in bad places [...]" What is a good way of practicing positioning? just watching pros and triyng to get the reasoning behind it? any other tips?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Its something i do so naturally it feels like a subconsious decision most of the time, but there are some rules:

Attacks from multiple angles with all different types split up roughly equal along the sides can be really op if well executed, but can fail hard if you dont. Aiz tries this often. Otherwise try to get a flank with melee units, theyre usually more mobile, and a succesful flank will negate kiting.

Other basic stuff such as find natural terrain best for your unit, suchas trees for your infantry vs cav, but not too closed or its like a cliff and pathing gets fucked, stay away from places that limit manouverability, open terrain for cav, open terrain for cannons, but preferably with natural barriers on the flanks so its harder to kill the cannons without other artillery, so hug the cliffs, or the coast, but be careful for warships, if he has those or can ship frigates stay away from the coast.

How you attack is important also, if you have the skirm advantage, you want them up front to kite and abuse range, and anti cav just on the flank, a little behind it, not exactly behind it, cause you will fk pathing, though usually you do end up like that. One trick i use sometimes is to kite with skirs and them geoup with goons that are a bit further away to run my skirs back faster, mostly good vs fast melee units, not really otherwise.

If you force the fight, lead with tanking units, preferably cav, cuz of speed, but aztec or indian monks do fine as well, have your melee units follow really close by, and ranged units behind that, when attacking its important you stay close to each other with these groups but dont sacrifice speed. Thats why people always look down on dragboxers.
If you have a lot of melee infantry u can tank with them if they dont need to kill too much cav, and save your own cav from the kiting. I like to do this with china or spain, cuz they have surplus melee inf and op cav that doesnt get replaced to easily early on. The trick is to charge the melee inf on the goons to force them from the skirms, so that the cav can kill the skirs for free if the goons run or otherwise the goons just die to the melee.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Be like the Garja. Be one with the Garja.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

umeu wrote:if you have the skirm advantage, you want them up front to kite and abuse range, and anti cav just on the flank, a little behind it, not exactly behind it, cause you will fk pathing
Whoa! Some good shit right here.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag zosgan
Musketeer
ESO: Zosgan

Post by zosgan »

Play aoe
قحاب ويييييييييييييي نتوما قحاب فلبرلمان دلقحاب
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

gryphoon94 wrote:That video of h20 coaching callen might be the most valuable tool for helping noobs. Everyone check it out!!

omg I'm famous
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Upgrade wood techs earlier in market
Build native tp for techs
If possible, spend 1500g for mass xp (instant 2 factories and more)
Wall