Most important things to tie to a keyboard/mouse shortcut?

United States of America Ikilled4penguins
Skirmisher
ESO: Ikill4penguins

Re: Most important things to tie to a keyboard/mouse shortcut?

Post by Ikilled4penguins »

Jerom wrote:Select all of unit type is the hidden gem of hotkeys. It gives you the power to add reinforcements to your control groups and send them to the battle without having to move your screen away from the battle. If you dont get idle vills then you actually dont have to ever move the screen away from a battle.

Yes, also it's awesome for training vills AND fishing boats!!

Instead of hitting tc>villager or dock>Fishing boat multiple times for each individual building, simply hit dock>select all>fishing boat. This is the secret to effortlessly laming sea with 6 + docks
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ikilled4penguins wrote:
Jerom wrote:Select all of unit type is the hidden gem of hotkeys. It gives you the power to add reinforcements to your control groups and send them to the battle without having to move your screen away from the battle. If you dont get idle vills then you actually dont have to ever move the screen away from a battle.

Yes, also it's awesome for training vills AND fishing boats!!

Instead of hitting tc>villager or dock>Fishing boat multiple times for each individual building, simply hit dock>select all>fishing boat. This is the secret to effortlessly laming sea with 6 + docks

Yep!

For me, r is build dock, and shift + r is select all docks. f is fishing boat. So easy to shift + r + f and suddenly 12 fishing boats in queue.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:

I totally agree, once I discovered it I instantly picked it up and have been using that ever since to such extent that playing nilla is a nightmare for me because this particular hotkey is missing there :!:

Actually I started out using it for deleting the wall pillars, but after remapping it to a nice key Ive slowly but surely started using it a lot. My only frustration is that I sometimes group my explorer with my skirms with screws everything over haha.

Its on arguably the 2nd easiest button to hit right now: caps lock. Kinda awkward in teamgames where it seems like you're screaming half of the time.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Jerom wrote:I sometimes group my explorer with my skirms with screws everything over

I know that feel :cry:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

My awkward experience is that when there is an obstacle in the form of enemy building between my main army and reinforcements, and I quickly group them together and do attack move, my reinforcements start attacking the enemy building. It can happen quite often in Brit mirrors, when there are many manors spread out on the map.
United States of America Ikilled4penguins
Skirmisher
ESO: Ikill4penguins

Post by Ikilled4penguins »

Lately I've been somehow accidentally grouping ALL my villagers with an existing military control group. Idk exactly how it happens, just see 50 vills randomly migrating across map.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Ikilled4penguins wrote:Lately I've been somehow accidentally grouping ALL my villagers with an existing military control group. Idk exactly how it happens, just see 50 vills randomly migrating across map.

I do that quite a lot when i put all my cdbs in control group 1 for bouncing them in and out of a tc vs a rush and then forget to ungroup them.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

yeah, I have it mapped with V and sometimes when I want to build an arsenal (B) I accidentally select all of my villagers...
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Can someone tell me what is the name of the keyboard shortcut that shows ennemy units hp and in which category can i find it plz ? :smile:

Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Lecastete wrote:Can someone tell me what is the name of the keyboard shortcut that shows ennemy units hp and in which category can i find it plz ? :smile:

hit ALT
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

There is the unit building hotkeys aswell, editing them for use will be pretty much helpful for you..