Initial build order with otto

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Initial build order with otto

Post by jgals »

what should you use your starting wood for with otto? On maps like Carolina or Deccan it’s sometimes 500 plus whatever 50 or 80 wood treasures you find. Is it always depending on the situation? I see a lot of people make a mosque with it and research Vil train speed but for me I’d rather have another TP for that 200 wood. Is it worth skipping the church ups and going for another TP or dogs?
United States of America XxFearingxX
Crossbow
ESO: XxFearingxX

Re: Initial build order with otto

Post by XxFearingxX »

With the starting wood there are some different things you can do. Most of the time (if it's a trading post map) you get a tp or two with it, but on a map like Deccan or Carolina you could go 2 tps and a house in age 1. You could also go 1 tp + a mosque and a house, or 1 tp + a house + a market + hunting dogs. There's many options you can go for and of course they all have their benefits and flaws.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

XxFearingxX wrote:With the starting wood there are some different things you can do. Most of the time (if it's a trading post map) you get a tp or two with it, but on a map like Deccan or Carolina you could go 2 tps and a house in age 1. You could also go 1 tp + a mosque and a house, or 1 tp + a house + a market + hunting dogs. There's many options you can go for and of course they all have their benefits and flaws.

I’m aware of all that.but what is considered the standard build or optimal play so to speak in most cases. I’m sure it is different based on different MUs and maps if anyone’s can speak to all that id appreciate it
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Forget Otto, play India
P.S. Otto are one of the weakest civs.
#trainableSpahi
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Two TP's is almost always better by a large margin.