Water upgrades

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Water upgrades

Post by macacoalbino »

I have no idea how to play or fight water in this game...So i wanted to know a few things

1-When is it worth it to make the gathering upgrades?
    2-With how many caravels (or warships in general) is it worth to research the warship upgrades?
    3-What about the HC upgrades? (i know the range bonus is op, but what about the ship attack one?)

Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Re: Water upgrades

Post by lemmings121 »

macacoalbino wrote:I have no idea how to play or fight water in this game...So i wanted to know a few things

2-With how many caravels (or warships in general) is it worth to research the warship upgrades?
    3-What about the HC upgrades? (i know the range bonus is op, but what about the ship attack one?)

Imo all upgrades are pretty good for the cost, this first fishing upgrade I get as soon as i have the gold, the second one is more expensive so I wait till I have ~~15boats.

The warship upgrades are all pretty good too, and getting them all asap is a priority in a water fight. their % bonus much higher then land upgrades, so its already worth it even with only a couple caravels made.

and the age2 combat card is also very good, its 25% att and hp.

all those upgrades makes your boats much more cost effective, and if the enemy is focusing on water they are essential to contest it.. BUT, you might die on land if you don't scout properly and over do it : :P :P
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

macacoalbino wrote:

1. I usually research the first one after producing a couple (<10) fishing boats, the second one when I have perhaps <20 of them. Though you could obviously do the math and count: Gill Nets give 15% boost, costing 90w & 90c, so 163.(63) VS + 136.(36) VS = 300 VS (with Gang Saw and Placer Mines), which would give you 165 wood, so about 4 boats. You're getting the resource value then when you have more than 27 fishing ships (as researching the technology gives you more than 4 of them). If you have enough resources, though, you shouldn't really hesitate, as after getting that upgrade each of your fishing ships will now be 1.15 times better — you sacrifice production time of your dock for 30 seconds, in which time you'd produce 1.25 fishing ships. Then the best time to research it, I'd say, would be after the 9th boat (9 * 1.15 = 10.35; 10.35 – 9 = 1.35; 1.35 > 1.25).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'll just say that the hp upgrade is really good, +50% hp is really a ton, so if you start massing warships you should definitely get it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Same stuff with the Long Lines upgrade: 200w + 200c -> 366.(63) VS + 303.(03) VS ≈ 666.66 VS, which would translate into ≈ 367 wood = a bit more than 9 fishing ships. The upgrade itself is not entirely 30%, as it increases the gathering rate from the base numbers (0.67 food/sec & 0.5 coin/sec). 1.15 * 0.67 + 0.67 * 0.3 = 1.45 * 0.67 = 0.9715, which means the upgrade adds 26% in reality. The research time of long lines is roughly the same, so you sacrifice 1.25 of a fishing ship to get 1.26 times better ones. It's worth getting after your 5th boat is out, so ideally if you have enough resources you should research the second technology as soon as possible.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Kaiserklein wrote:I'll just say that the hp upgrade is really good, +50% hp is really a ton, so if you start massing warships you should definitely get it

And don't ever get the 25% attack upgrade just because it costs 50w/c less. The HP is simply twice as good.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

macacoalbino wrote:

I'd say when you have at least 3—4 caravels it's worth it, if you plan to expand on water further.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Thanks for the responses guys! Thats exactly what i was looking for. Since it's a lot of math to make I was hoping someone knew those numbers by heart ^^
Btw I always thought the attack upgrade was better because of broadside attack shooting more than one cannonball...

France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

There are 2 attack upgrades, only the 2nd one is for the ability
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm: