french mirror on carolina

Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

french mirror on carolina

Post by agrondergermane »

how to play on carolina in a french mirror? what should be the plan? rush or should i go on water? i have the feeling that the standard semi-ff isn't that good there, cause the hunts suck hard on carolina.
btw, big thx to the community! i am learning so much here and im getting better day by day.
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Re: french mirror on carolina

Post by __Uhlan__ »

stable + rax forward, make 5 hus to defend his raids and raid a bit. Then full musket. Card Order 700w 4 vill 700c (8xbow/3hus/600w/600c) all work just depends on what you want to do. Can pressure hard with 8xbow or 3 hus, can send 600w to mix in xbow or can send 600c to really mass hus/musk or age up. Its a more ingame decison but almost 100% of the time 700w 4 vill 700c is a good fre mirror build. Also never water as france this just does not make sense since schooners.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Rush is good you deny your opponent from the bad hunts in the map.
Water as France is bad because they don't have schooners
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I guess you have to take 2 tps, stay for some time in age 2 and age when you feel you got an advantage.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

tedere12 wrote:I guess you have to take 2 tps, stay for some time in age 2 and age when you feel you got an advantage.

Nah Carolina easy win age 2 just need to control the hunts midmap. No reason to age.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I wonder if xbow pike would work.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

will a naked ff work?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Couprider wrote:will a naked ff work?

No
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

dont go water but do have the 2 caravels and 1 frigate just in case...

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I guess in a French mirror water should not find any usage whatsoever, unless we're taking into consideration strategic ponds, like on New England.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I imagine French mirror on Carolina will be all about hunt and tp control, so if you have that you win.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

forgrin wrote:I imagine French mirror on Carolina will be all about hunt and tp control, so if you have that you win.

I don't think TPs will matter in a french mirror on carolina. If you can establish a forward base you win I think.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

If you go tp's you will lose forward base you just need to make keep the forward base until his hunts run out and then you can type gg.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I'm just wondering if xbow pike just beats musk huss early game. In the old fp1.2 meta you would go musk huss but occassionally people would do xbow pike and it'd be pretty competitive. Now imagine that same meta but with even fewer hunts.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It does indeed beat musk huss. That's why you go bow huss vs bow pike.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Maybe with 5 bow 5 pike beats 5 musk 2 huss, but once you start getting many more units than that I'm pretty sure musk huss wins anyway lol.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

What about training Cherokee Riflemen or Seminole Sharktooth Bowmen instead of xbows?
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

__Uhlan__ wrote:If you go tp's you will lose forward base you just need to make keep the forward base until his hunts run out and then you can type gg.

but i take 1 tp like standard french or should i even skip it for a bigger early mass and do samwise build?
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

agrondergermane wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:If you go tp's you will lose forward base you just need to make keep the forward base until his hunts run out and then you can type gg.

but i take 1 tp like standard french or should i even skip it for a bigger early mass and do samwise build?

No get tp like standard France.
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

__Uhlan__ wrote:stable + rax forward, make 5 hus to defend his raids and raid a bit. Then full musket. Card Order 700w 4 vill 700c (8xbow/3hus/600w/600c) all work just depends on what you want to do. Can pressure hard with 8xbow or 3 hus, can send 600w to mix in xbow or can send 600c to really mass hus/musk or age up. Its a more ingame decison but almost 100% of the time 700w 4 vill 700c is a good fre mirror build. Also never water as france this just does not make sense since schooners.

just to clarify. in most matchups i start 4vill and make just one military building with france first. would it be better, in this case (on carolina), to ship the 700w to make from the age up wood 2 military buildings (stable+rax) and from the 700w houses, cause i fb and want to take map controll and have to defend against a possible bow pike?
i hope u understand my question :-P. just want to make sure to understand why its important to start two military buildings and 700w.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

agrondergermane wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:stable + rax forward, make 5 hus to defend his raids and raid a bit. Then full musket. Card Order 700w 4 vill 700c (8xbow/3hus/600w/600c) all work just depends on what you want to do. Can pressure hard with 8xbow or 3 hus, can send 600w to mix in xbow or can send 600c to really mass hus/musk or age up. Its a more ingame decison but almost 100% of the time 700w 4 vill 700c is a good fre mirror build. Also never water as france this just does not make sense since schooners.

just to clarify. in most matchups i start 4vill and make just one military building with france first. would it be better, in this case (on carolina), to ship the 700w to make from the age up wood 2 military buildings (stable+rax) and from the 700w houses, cause i fb and want to take map controll and have to defend against a possible bow pike?
i hope u understand my question :-P. just want to make sure to understand why its important to start two military buildings and 700w.

Yes you start stable + rax and 700w for houses and another barrack. You make one batch of 5 hus to defend raids then mostly musk with a few hus just to defend more raids or raid a bit or if he is going bow pike you make more hus.
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

__Uhlan__ wrote:
agrondergermane wrote:

Yes you start stable + rax and 700w for houses and another barrack. You make one batch of 5 hus to defend raids then mostly musk with a few hus just to defend more raids or raid a bit or if he is going bow pike you make more hus.

k, thx 2u and all the others! rly nice to get help so fast. pretty nice for an old rts :-P
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

P i k i l i c wrote:What about training Cherokee Riflemen or Seminole Sharktooth Bowmen instead of xbows?

Seminole Bowmen aren't that superior (if even) to regular crossbowmen, so I'd rather go for Cherokee Riflemen, if I were to choose out of these two tribes :hmm:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

ovi12 wrote:Maybe with 5 bow 5 pike beats 5 musk 2 huss, but once you start getting many more units than that I'm pretty sure musk huss wins anyway lol.

Not really. Actually the bigger the mass the more comfortable you are with xbow pike because you can one shot huss plus it takes too many back and forts to kill enough pikes so more pikes join the battle, etc.
Most players dont know how to micro RI+pikes. They usually try to block cav with pikes ilike a shield while in fact they should allow huss to reach RI and then flank with pikes. By doing this he never cleans up the pikes completely and in the long run you get better trades.
The problem is more like that it requires more,micro so more focus on that and it's easy to get out-tasked. Also xbow-pike is less mobile so units can be intercepted and take longer to join the battle plus raids become a problem.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Garja wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Maybe with 5 bow 5 pike beats 5 musk 2 huss, but once you start getting many more units than that I'm pretty sure musk huss wins anyway lol.

Not really. Actually the bigger the mass the more comfortable you are withnxnow pike because you can one shot huss plus it takes too many backmand forts to kill enough pikes so more pikes join thenbattle, etc.
Most players dont know how to micro RI+pikes. They usually try to block cav with pikes ilike a shield while in fact they should allow huss to reach RI and then flank with pikes. By doing this he never cleans up the pikes completely and in the long run you get better trades.
The problem is more like that it requires more,micro so more focus on that and it's easy to get out-tasked. Also xbow-pike is less mobile so units can be intercepted and take longer to join the battle plus raids become a problem.

Ok that's an interesting theory which sounds plausible, but I would love to see this actually play out
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego