British black watch ff

No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

British black watch ff

Post by OrangeRage »

The purpose of this is to counter an otto and spanish civ
I have no idea if this is a good strat but I know it's very useful in some MU's. I find it easy to do but it can be tricky vs raids and simply not having enough hunts to gather. Population space seems to be an issue but trading coin for wood seems to combat that issue.

What is the proper BO for this strategy? What is the best way to overcome the challenges of getting the XP for this. I do 700 coin then age up. While aging up (with 7 longbow) I ship 700 wood then the church card. When the church is made I immediately use 1k food for the black watch then ship 2 cannons. I have a total of 8 black watch + 7 longbow + 2 cannon at around 7:40 - 7:50 or earlier depending on my luck with treasures.

This is easy with a 300 wood start because you can just build a tp then put some vills to quickly gather 35 wood to make a manor house but how can you do this with 200 wood and a 100 coin start the most pain free way?

Would shipping 300 wood be better due to the nature of this strategy?
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Re: British black watch ff

Post by Darwin_ »

age up with 400w politician. Even if you don't get the caravel it is still better.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i dont think this really counters spain/otto ff

also you can chop 200w for a tp during transition.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

gotcha covered right here

Note(not my guide, i just uploaded + updated here) Rec is mine iirc, it was a while since i did stuff for it though

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=925
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Highlanders are kinda bad for me since Skirms can just hit and run and musks are almost useless in Fortress Age
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

You can just do a Cav semi - ff, age up with 500f, create stable, create 5 huss for defend yourself or raids or just raid (try to don't create more till transition to age 3), ship 700w, and then age up with 700g, while you're in transition ship 5v and when you reach fortress age just send 10lbs and go LB + Huss + Goons
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

you can do 10 musk semi vs spain (700w-700c) and age at 8:40 with 20 musk 7 lb(beats their mass) and 30 vills (beats their eco) and ship 2 falcs right away. Unless you take a bad engagement there is no way you lose vs the spain ff
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

This is basically a troll strat, you guys realise that? It won't work in most situations, especially if your opponent scouts it, and yes it is worse than many other Brit builds. It's made for only one sole purpose, really; beating Spain 'nilla FF and Otto timing push, which were really common when the build was created. Keep in mind this was made for a map like 'nilla Great Plains, where you can easily lose at 8:00 with Brit if you don't start with good herds.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

tedere12 wrote:you can do 10 musk semi vs spain (700w-700c) and age at 8:40 with 20 musk 7 lb(beats their mass) and 30 vills (beats their eco) and ship 2 falcs right away. Unless you take a bad engagement there is no way you lose vs the spain ff

Ofc you can lose vs spain ff. But why semi, just ff and make the musks in transition.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

ovi12 wrote:
tedere12 wrote:you can do 10 musk semi vs spain (700w-700c) and age at 8:40 with 20 musk 7 lb(beats their mass) and 30 vills (beats their eco) and ship 2 falcs right away. Unless you take a bad engagement there is no way you lose vs the spain ff

Ofc you can lose vs spain ff. But why semi, just ff and make the musks in transition.

If u naked and they go sth like hus semi its very hard to win. Also u take down tp with musks and force base rax/stable
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

forgrin wrote:This is basically a troll strat, you guys realise that? It won't work in most situations, especially if your opponent scouts it, and yes it is worse than many other Brit builds. It's made for only one sole purpose, really; beating Spain 'nilla FF and Otto timing push, which were really common when the build was created. Keep in mind this was made for a map like 'nilla Great Plains, where you can easily lose at 8:00 with Brit if you don't start with good herds.

I guess there is no such thing as a fun strategy that's actually viable :(
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I used to play with that usually with lower-ranked opponents and it's unfortunately not that great — you're pretty slow, don't have the best eco, naturally, and by the time you get 2 falcs with Highlanders your opponent can easily outmass you — Black Watch, paradoxically, isn't that good at protecting your cannons, since there are only 8 of them. After that you have rather little follow-up — you either ship unupgraded longbowmen, musks or huss, or wait for 1000 coin to be gathered to ship Jaegers.
I tried it with more eco-focused approach, something like 3v -> VC -> 700w and age-up soon, though I haven't given it that much of a chance — something to check out in the future!