BRITS VS SPAIN - help a nilla scrub

Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

BRITS VS SPAIN - help a nilla scrub

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

yeah, topic says it all - i know brits should beat spain / the spain FF, just quickly post the builds pls i should use against spain with brits, im kinda new with brits and struggle, should i mass age II or counter - FF a bit later with more eco ?
(nilla / tad / fanpatch - doesnt matter, i play it all, im mainly a nilla newb tho..)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: BRITS VS SPAIN - help a nilla scrub

Post by deleted_user »

nilla? isn't spain considered top tier on nilla?

Anyways my personal strategy which has had mixed effect is 80% musk 20% huss. Something like 700w 600w (700c?) musk atk, musk hp, cav atk, cav hp, etc. Manor boom a bit before hand to like 130 pop or something to hit a nice timing to defend against them. Split huss into two groups to try to flank and snipe the falcs. Really, get a decent trade on the early falc push and you should be sitting mostly pretty. Imo it gets scarier the greedier spain gets with his eco and does a delayed push.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

do 10 musk semi ff. 3 vills > 700 wood > 700 gold > 2 falcs > 1000wood/10 longbows/5 hus
you will age up around 8:40-9:10 (depending on the xp you gather from treasures and combat) and have the falcs at the time spain pushes with a larger amount of infantry. I use 10 musk to take good treasures (210 xp/320 xp on gp and 160 xp/135 xp on saguenay/yukon ect) and siege tp/harass villagers a bit.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

I like to virgina company in this mu & just age and do goon/flac shipment with a few lb (7 from ageup) and just win the ff war with a far better eco. But I honestly don't know if this is standard or not but I normally have success with it. Virgina company 700w 700c 5 vill 2 flac is normally what I would go for, you can also skip the 5 vill if you scout a agressive ff from Spain and save the shipment for fortress.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

thank you guys, i will try each of this builds out.

@deleted_user4 you are probably right, i am wrong to believe brits beat spain in nilla as they beat them in TAD, nilla is almost a different game...
United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
ESO: dthrill

Post by dthrill_08 »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:thank you guys, i will try each of this builds out.

@deleted_user4 you are probably right, i am wrong to believe brits beat spain in nilla as they beat them in TAD, nilla is almost a different game...

Vanilla > TAD ;). You do rush so I can't help you because I am not good at rush games.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I personally do a musk/huss rush/timing sort of thing. Especially if you mostly play on great plains this is probably the thing you will want to do. There are a few variations of the build doing both tower or 500f, and a few variations on your first shipment. A fool-proof one is age with 500f, get like 50 pop in transition as well as 400w for two raxes, as well as 50 coin. Once the raxes are up, put 2 musk in queue. You want to send 700c right when you age up, then 700w. You can do 700f instead of 700w, but it delays your hussars which are pretty useful to snare and get vills. Add stable on 700w or on 600w, which you send next.

You can also do a 500f age up with 5 vills first, a build developed mostly for a hussar start, but that works well with muskets, as long as you get some sort of XP treasure to make sure your 700w comes on time, kill enough stuff to generate the XP, or are okay delaying your third batch by like 10 seconds.

With both these builds you pretty much are just trying to kill houses, vills and deny their rax/units from their rax. If they play colonial, I don't really know what to do exactly, but probably just transition into a more economical build and mix hussars earlier as well as some longbow.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

deleted_user wrote:Anyways my personal strategy which has had mixed effect is 80% musk 20% huss. Something like 700w 600w (700c?) musk atk, musk hp, cav atk, cav hp, etc.

700w 600w 700c 600c :chinese:
tedere12 wrote:do 10 musk semi ff. 3 vills > 700 wood > 700 gold > 2 falcs > 1000wood/10 longbows/5 hus

I don't think 1000 wood is ever an option in such a case :!:
dthrill_08 wrote:Vanilla > TAD ;).

The thing is, not really :idea:
Darwin_ wrote:You can also do a 500f age up with 5 vills first, a build developed mostly for a hussar start, but that works well with muskets, as long as you get some sort of XP treasure to make sure your 700w comes on time, kill enough stuff to generate the XP, or are okay delaying your third batch by like 10 seconds.

What if the Spanish player starts with an in-base tower and sends 8 pikes after your huss waves?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

You just hold and send 1000w which is the best age3 shipment, gives u 5-6 vills and lets u build stable and upgrade stuff
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I guess that doesn't really matter as you have a better eco anyways, plus you never wait until your 2nd fortress shipment to lay down a stable :hmm:
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:You can also do a 500f age up with 5 vills first, a build developed mostly for a hussar start, but that works well with muskets, as long as you get some sort of XP treasure to make sure your 700w comes on time, kill enough stuff to generate the XP, or are okay delaying your third batch by like 10 seconds.

What if the Spanish player starts with an in-base tower and sends 8 pikes after your huss waves?

You are doing musket start.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

I once won with pure musk by distracting his pikes, then sneaking a bajillion vills through the trees and onto his falcs.
Nothing the poor guy could do
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Darwin_ wrote:
pecelot wrote:

You are doing musket start.

Oh, I must have missed that part, though then you can just go 700w first? With the 5v start I think you don't get a market, it's more „all-in". :roll:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

pecelot wrote:I guess that doesn't really matter as you have a better eco anyways, plus you never wait until your 2nd fortress shipment to lay down a stable :hmm:

You age with around 30 villagers, which is not that far from spain's eco. Also spain has a lot of anti cav early on, hence no point in going hus, you just go lb musk in transition ( you won't train goons because u have to be age 3 to do so and thats too late, u might get rekt by lancers till then). Getting more ahead in eco never hurt nobody and ofc if fight doesn't go well for u (u lose falcs for example), you ship military units to hold.
If you get 300w start you can start tp and go 700w 600w 700gold and age with 3-4 more vills and around the same time so yeah that is a better build.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I'd rather get either 9 musks for additional meat-shield, 10 lb for a bigger mass (in the meantime you can focus on goon production), or 5 huss to still block or flank :idea:
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:Oh, I must have missed that part, though then you can just go 700w first? With the 5v start I think you don't get a market, it's more „all-in". :roll:

With 700w first you only get like 5 musks on your second batch, but with 5v you get 2 full batches easily, and a 3rd full one easily if you have good macro and villager management. You are right that your market is delayed, but it hasn't seemed too much of a deficit to me, as the 5v gather a bunch of resources for free to compensate.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Oh, you mean two raxes from the start? Interestingly enough, I tried it a couple of times just for the sake of it and didn't manage to get full batches. You have to chop 400 wood in transition for 2 raxes + have at least 50 pop space, so that's another 260 wood (only on a 300-wood start!). Your shipments come a bit late to get the spam fueled — that is even with 700 coin first, and here we're talking about 5 vills.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:Oh, you mean two raxes from the start? Interestingly enough, I tried it a couple of times just for the sake of it and didn't manage to get full batches. You have to chop 400 wood in transition for 2 raxes + have at least 50 pop space, so that's another 260 wood (only on a 300-wood start!). Your shipments come a bit late to get the spam fueled — that is even with 700 coin first, and here we're talking about 5 vills.

Hmm. I have been able to get full batches on Vanilla. Maybe I have only done it on 300w starts :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

To be fair, that's on my to-check list, I only did it with no 300-wood start, which makes it even more awkward. I guess with decent treasures and an additional villager in transition that could be more doable, though I'm yet to test it!
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah I think that 700c first is safer than 5v, as you get the 10 musk more easily, and allows you to more easily mix a stable on 700w. However, 5v has more eco and is less all-in.