choosing a civ

No Flag badbob070598
Crossbow
ESO: badbob070598

choosing a civ

Post by badbob070598 »

Hello! I'm a newbee and choosing a civ on RE to learn in team games. I need the civ that is playable at all stages and doesn't depend on TPs maps. Which one/ones could you advise me? Think about Dutch but ofc I can't have objective mind yet. Thank you guys in advance!
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Re: choosing a civ

Post by NekoBerk »

Frenchs, they're the best option, they doesn't depend on TPs maps ( Samwise build Musk-Huss is pretty strong on those maps without TPs and even Xbow-Pike rush is really strong), They're a versatile civ, they can explore and adapt fast, they're decent in maps with low food and they have a lot of strategys that you can use, they're pretty useful and strong in team games too!
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

pick dutch, they are an easy civ to start with, plus they are OP on the ESOC patch.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Russia for sure lol, like your build is the same 90% of games with Russia's and there really strong. 5cos 700w 700c boyars or some variation of this. They can water normally get map control against most civs, have good eco good late game opris are nice.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

tedere12 wrote:pick dutch, they are an easy civ to start with, plus they are OP on the ESOC patch.

Easy civ ? xD, They're almost the most countered civ on RE i think :P, you need as high skills as @momuuu for survive :P
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Russia is for sure an easy civ and decent as well
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

NekoBerk wrote:
tedere12 wrote:pick dutch, they are an easy civ to start with, plus they are OP on the ESOC patch.

Easy civ ? xD, They're almost the most countered civ on RE i think :P, you need as high skills as @momuuu for survive :P

I think jerom can confirm what I said
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

I'd French without surprise, I only want to add to what NekoBerk said, that it is probably the best civ if you want to try another civ later (Portugal might too, but they are weak)
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Japan. Learn club rush and all the little variations. They are probably one of the best civs on quicksearch and random games because they are so adaptable and not map-dependent.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

Ports are not weak :dry:
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Dutch is easy in the sense that their BOs don't usually deviate much, also the units you usually want to train are hus, skirm and ruyter for the most part, which don't require many macro skills to pull off. The hard part is actually winning games on RE :P

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

tedere12 wrote:
NekoBerk wrote:

I think jerom can confirm what I said

I am triggered.
macacoalbino wrote:Dutch is easy in the sense that their BOs don't usually deviate much, also the units you usually want to train are hus, skirm and ruyter for the most part, which don't require many macro skills to pull off. The hard part is actually winning games on RE :P

I strongly disagree that dutch build orders don't deviate much.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Don't play dutch. They arent that easy and have a swath of bad matchups. Something like Japan, India or germany is probably a better choice, as they are very strong and very adaptable.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Not as much as a civ like brit or india for example. You'll always be building a transition bank and making the same units, almost always aiming to get to the fortress age...
Its not as simple as Ottos or old Sioux but still...

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

macacoalbino wrote:Not as much as a civ like brit or india for example. You'll always be building a transition bank and making the same units, almost always aiming to get to the fortress age...

I think if you try to get better at dutch you'll realize how incorrect this statement is in practise.
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

Jerom wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Not as much as a civ like brit or india for example. You'll always be building a transition bank and making the same units, almost always aiming to get to the fortress age...

I think if you try to get better at dutch you'll realize how incorrect this statement is in practise.
and if you would be watching Jeroms streams you would witness that he does the same build order in every MU especially on every map! :flowers:
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Jerom wrote:

Well the fact that there will never be variation in a viable Dutch build before colonial age, you always 15v, always house on 100w or 200w (I guess sometimes tp on 200w or market but let's be real 99% of Dutch games is just a house) you always make a bank in transition. So the fact that adaptation comes with what you decide to do with 400w makes the civ easy to learn yes lol. And with 400w you only have two viable options anyways, military building and houses or another bank. Then you 700w or bank depending on what you did with 400w. So you don't always have to insist on being right lol Dutch build orders are fairly easy to learn. Also not to mention in no matchup as Dutch do you stay in age 2 and end up winning in the long term unless your opppoent misplays. So In all mu's your goal is to eventually age which isn't the case for basically any other civ that I can think of atm decides china & spain. Being easy to learn doesn't mean there strong but it seems your just being defensive about Dutch being hard to learn is an ego thing. Sending 8 pikes or adding skrim in age 2 is about the extent of there adaptations.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks @__Uhlan__

Dutch BOs are quite easy, the hard part is to actually win a game since every MU seems like an uphill battle

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

inb4 jerom talks about how that isn't correct and about how all top players agree with his assessment
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I honestly just cant agree much with that post. Yes the start is just auto pilot but by the time you're pr20 the age 1 variations should mostly be auto pilot. I personally think the type of build you choose to do afterwards is most influential and I do believe that playing dutch punishes you a lot for doing an incorrect build order.

If you want to have a shot against france, you need to scout and adapt into 4 different build orders for the roughly four different strats that france can use against you with at least some viability. For example if france does xbow pike you wont win doing a standard hussar semi ff I think. Other civs need a much smaller amount of adaptation in my eyes. As EP ports for example you can basically do the same bo every game and not be punished for it that much. Or france can get pretty far with just hussar semi ff with no deviations. Or india doing just one build or russia doing just one build. Theres many civs out there that arent nearly as punishing towards poor build order choices as Dutch is.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

macacoalbino wrote:Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks @__Uhlan__

Dutch BOs are quite easy, the hard part is to actually win a game since every MU seems like an uphill battle

every bo is easy. THe whole game is easy.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Btw if I were to name a build that requires solid macro its a quick three bank boom as dutch. I see so many people try that build but just not succeed. Theres quite a few of those builds, consulate rush for example, but theres many civs that have really easy builds.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:

not as easy as sc2.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

not as easy as sc2.
or the witcher 3
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

s ʇ ᴉ ɹ q