Post by Hazza54321 »

id age 1 tp always unless its a livestock map
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Chinese age 1 TP?

Post by Garja »

I'd 2 village always and TP in transition or with 700w.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ye but u clueless bout china obviously
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

@deleted_user
I watched all the recs and I agree with you that it a TP is super helpful if you are playing straight-up age 2. Like in the first game (where you did not build a TP), your 300 export came too late to really be effective. I was mostly arguing that starting TP when you do a straight-ff against a rush (something I have seen and played against a fair bit) seems too risky. If you could place that one village well I guess it wouldnt be a problem for experienced china players and high-level players, but you do only have one building providing most of your population space.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Darwin_ wrote:@deleted_user
I watched all the recs and I agree with you that it a TP is super helpful if you are playing straight-up age 2. Like in the first game (where you did not build a TP), your 300 export came too late to really be effective. I was mostly arguing that starting TP when you do a straight-ff against a rush (something I have seen and played against a fair bit) seems too risky. If you could place that one village well I guess it wouldnt be a problem for experienced china players and high-level players, but you do only have one building providing most of your population space.

Well the thing is with the tp you can semi so much easier and then go age3, naked ff isn't the best option in a lot of cases. That's what I was trying to explain.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

__Uhlan__ wrote:

Well the thing is with the tp you can semi so much easier and then go age3, naked ff isn't the best option in a lot of cases. That's what I was trying to explain.

Ah ok. I did tp vs. 2 village builds a few times vs. the ai last night (trying out tower vs. academy and 700c vs. no 700c), and the TP did help a lot in age 3, as the shipment progression was a lot faster. I even did refugees and sumtuary laws in age 1 and still had a good shipment progression. The sumptuary laws allowed me to get my batches of redcoats a hell of a lot earlier, which seemed huge.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you can easily hold a rush with tp first cuz you can send 8 bow immediately after your 700c. and then if really needed you can send 9 pike before your village is down. there really is no risk, except maybe vs super hardcore rushes, vs which you shouldnt FF in the first place. so there simply isnt any risk because as mitoe explained, it's so easy to adapt into a semi ff by just sending unit shipment first instead of 700c.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

does this work on poor RE maps? patagonia etc
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

yes
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

umeu wrote:

you can easily hold a rush with tp first cuz you can send 8 bow immediately after your 700c. and then if really needed you can send 9 pike before your village is down. there really is no risk, except maybe vs super hardcore rushes, vs which you shouldnt FF in the first place. so there simply isnt any risk because as mitoe explained, it's so easy to adapt into a semi ff by just sending unit shipment first instead of 700c.

So are you chopping for a second village in transition or something? Do you just overpop with the military shipment?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Unless you're doing a straight ff you always chop alot of wood in transition cause you get 400f upon ageup and the army you make in age 2 costs food and wood
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah, but umeu was talking about doing a straight-ff, then shipping units after 700c.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Darwin_ wrote:
umeu wrote:

So are you chopping for a second village in transition or something? Do you just overpop with the military shipment?

nah you arent overpopping, you should have 21 vils when you click up to age3. with 8 bow its 29, then you can still send 9pike. or if you dont need that, just send 700w and get villages or chop for it in transtion.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Couprider wrote:does this work on poor RE maps? patagonia etc

It works even better on these map imo, I went on a streak with china in qs that was like 22-0 actully I think people don't know how to play v it actully the tp either buys me 2minutes or gives you this insane mass to push out for hunts and age after 3 shipments.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

umeu wrote:Ye but u clueless bout china obviously

Well maybe I am but the guy who makes the village consistently wins over the guy who makes early TP so I'd still go with that.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

well mirrors are different and That's probably not even true.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

I almost always start tp as China, the faster shipments are just so nice whether you're staying colo (faster 700w, 300e, military, etc) or going fortress (cuz, you know, op fortress shipments), but that's just my humble nooby opinion :kinggreen:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

__Uhlan__ wrote:Like I said you can't base it off rushing a 2nd lt who doesn't know how to defend.

Like me... :hmm:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around