France vs Russia.

Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

France vs Russia.

Post by Googol »

Hi everybody, my question here is how this matchup should be played and what to expected from both sides in certain situations im mostly a french player so i would appreciate your suggestions how to play as france but i can also play russia on a decent level the thing is i mostly do random stuff that i dont see as a best choice sometimes, that´s why am i making this thread in order to ask for a help on this matter.

Best regards, Googol.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: France vs Russia.

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Googol wrote:Hi everybody, my question here is how this matchup should be played and what to expected from both sides in certain situations im mostly a french player so i would appreciate your suggestions how to play as france but i can also play russia on a decent level the thing is i mostly do random stuff that i dont see as a best choice sometimes, that´s why am i making this thread in order to ask for a help on this matter.

Best regards, Googol.

I used to play russia in everything and site used to bully me with france

just ff and get cuirs
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

start stable, do 5/5/5 hus 700w (add rax) 4cdb 700c (mass huss & musk) then 600c (can age) or 3 hus/8xbow to push out and rekt the bh. But this mu is still pretty russia favored imo, idk I feel there contain is to strong for French to break on equal levels of play, but if you can age up safely at any point disregard the build you were doing ship 3 cuirs and make 5 gg russia muskets. Also mm very important in this mu, you need to try and trap him with your hus get a really good trade so you can age up safely.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

When I play russia, I normally do 5-700w-700c or 5-4-700w, so aggressive with lots of cav early on. For france, cav start seems pretty good with upgraded cdb, 13v age-up also seems to help a hell of a lot. I have seen france do samwise build also. It is fairly russia favoured in my experience (at least on the last EP), but if france can get a 13v age up with a market or TP, I have seen them do pretty well.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Lol thats a lot. Though, to be fair, we are right before a tournament, so getting the most up-to-date tips can be helpful. :biggrin:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You can still write in one of those threads, it's not like they're locked :?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Playing with France there is a controversy to which BO is best in this MU.
Some argue 700w first is better, while some argue 4cdb is the better choice.
I favour the 4cdb first variant which gives you a stronger eco and also gives you tons of HP and dps to be used in a big fight under your town, while 700w may seat idle on the floor for some time in case Russia pressures you.
If you started 4cdb you can choose to send 700w for another military building, houses and maybe some xbows, or 700g to ageup asap. 8xbows is always an option to do a defensive timing with hussar+mm+cdbs.
Always start hussar or they may start strelet+coss and idle you for a long time. Remember cdbs fight really well vs russian ranged units. The objective is to ageup with as little damage as possible and use your tech adavantage (basically cuirs) vs the weak colonial units that russia has.

Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I personally like 700w first because it allows you to rebuild lost houses, as well as mix in a second military building more easily. However you do have a point that if they Russia is very aggressive you may not be able to gather up the wood.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Darwin_ wrote:I personally like 700w first because it allows you to rebuild lost houses, as well as mix in a second military building more easily. However you do have a point that if they Russia is very aggressive you may not be able to gather up the wood.

Yeah! The only upside I see is the quick rax that comes from 700w first. You should never lose houses before the 2nd card though, just build your stuff in the back of your base, russian units cant go that far to siege in the early game.

Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

lol you should never lose a house, and 4cdb is viable also don't think it matters much with 700w early you can add rax and some xbows even while doing 5/5/5 hus so I personally like it but both work depends on the game and what your aiming towards age 2 play is go 700w trying to age I would 4cdb.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

As russian you can consider an all in build, especially on low food maps, and it can work at almost any rank (kingrichardIIII does that vs other capts) and Lain_world used to do this vs high ranks (with a very micro though). On esoc maps, you probably have to do 700w stuff I guess (past tournaments contain replays of this MU by the way)

As french it really depends on the map you are playing. If you can reach fortress, would be cool, but unfortunately you can't do it on any maps and when your opponent is rushing you hard. I suggest you to send 4v first, so later you can send :

700g to age
700w to stay colonial and make barracks
8bows/3huss to hold a scary push

You can also send 700w first, and play colonial, but I think russian wins late colonial.

Hf and tell me if you found this helpful somehow
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

one of you must change you avatar.
uhlan, use a uhlan avatar :P
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

I have been practicing a build with France where I chop enough wood (combined with 400w) for a tp, market, all normal market ups including steel traps, and two houses, and I still get a batch of 5 hussar, all before 6 minutes
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Also, I'll add that this gives me enough wood to skip 700w and send 700g second
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Zhanson10 wrote:I have been practicing a build with France where I chop enough wood (combined with 400w) for a tp, market, all normal market ups including steel traps, and two houses, and I still get a batch of 5 hussar, all before 6 minutes

sounds op
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

I forgot to mention, 4 CDb first age 2 card
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Zhanson10 wrote:I have been practicing a build with France where I chop enough wood (combined with 400w) for a tp, market, all normal market ups including steel traps, and two houses, and I still get a batch of 5 hussar, all before 6 minutes

This is the standard way to play france?
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Jerom wrote:

No
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Dunno if he was being ironic but yeah it is the standard play...

Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

lemmings121 wrote:one of you must change you avatar.
uhlan, use a uhlan avatar :P

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:

No, zhanson made it up
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I think we should call it the zhanson10 build