MARKET

No Flag badbob070598
Crossbow
ESO: badbob070598

MARKET

Post by badbob070598 »

Hello! Could you guys give me any tips about market upgrades? I play Brits, Ports, Russia, French and Japan with India sometime. Usually I make dogs and placer mines in transition to age2 with euro civs (or hunting dogs in age1 if I resources allow me to do that), make a market and 1-2 food 1 coin and 1 all resources upgrades after 600w with Japan and India. Basicly I wanna now about steel traps. I decide to make it with 400w if I know I can't do early push and need some eco and make it with 700w if I make units right after an instant age2 barrack. Any advices? When? Thank you guys in advance!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: MARKET

Post by pecelot »

Basically you should research them as soon as possible, as Euro civs that is. You should always get Steel Traps and Placer Mines, sometimes Amalgamation and Gang Saw when you're greedy. With a 100-w & 100-c start, do a market opening and researched Hunting Dogs in age 1. Get Placer Mines in transition, chop enough wood for Steel Traps and try to research it once you reach age 2. Sometimes, if you can't afford it (i.e. on a 100-w start when you have to chop for a TP and a market in transition), research those upgrades from age-up 400w or 700w. Consider Gang Saw as Brits for you wood gathering. Research Great Coat when you're under pressure or raided and Blunderbuss when you're fighting with vills (H2O, France).
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

1.ship team cheaper markets to market boom (build at least 10 markets, the more the better)
2.ship advanced market, this is very important for your boom.
3.gather wood and gold from your base and sell wood and with gold buy food
4.make units
5.you are op
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Tedere worst troll in history
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

pecelot wrote:Basically you should research them as soon as possible, as Euro civs that is. You should always get Steel Traps and Placer Mines, sometimes Amalgamation and Gang Saw when you're greedy. With a 100-w & 100-c start, do a market opening and researched Hunting Dogs in age 1. Get Placer Mines in transition, chop enough wood for Steel Traps and try to research it once you reach age 2. Sometimes, if you can't afford it (i.e. on a 100-w start when you have to chop for a TP and a market in transition), research those upgrades from age-up 400w or 700w. Consider Gang Saw as Brits for you wood gathering. Research Great Coat when you're under pressure or raided and Blunderbuss when you're fighting with vills (H2O, France).

What makes market ups different for the non euro civs, is it simply that they are cheaper and can be done whenever?
Error 404: Signature not found
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I didn't want to mention them as I don't really play non-European civs. :flowers: I honestly can't say for certain.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:Basically you should research them as soon as possible, as Euro civs that is. You should always get Steel Traps and Placer Mines, sometimes Amalgamation and Gang Saw when you're greedy. With a 100-w & 100-c start, do a market opening and researched Hunting Dogs in age 1. Get Placer Mines in transition, chop enough wood for Steel Traps and try to research it once you reach age 2. Sometimes, if you can't afford it (i.e. on a 100-w start when you have to chop for a TP and a market in transition), research those upgrades from age-up 400w or 700w. Consider Gang Saw as Brits for you wood gathering. Research Great Coat when you're under pressure or raided and Blunderbuss when you're fighting with vills (H2O, France).

Actually dutch doesnt really get them as quickly usually, otto doesnt really get them either, russia often delays them and Ive had reasonable succes delaying them till 700w as ports, and ofc spain ff tends to not be that quickly about getting market ups. But brit, france and ger do get those during transition usually.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, you're right, you can delay them to a greater or smaller extent due to the strategy of your choice — Brits, for instance, can focus on manor boom only and delay the market until 700w, which can come even after 5v (so as the 3rd shipment). Other than that, indeed, I seemed to focus on standard non-aggressive & non-Dutch approach... :oops: