How to win a fight you should lose.

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

the title says it, here is a short 5min clip showing a game deciding fight.

http://www.twitch.tv/giveuanxiety/c/6855554

I was originally looking for a short clip where I played vs ramex and he was having an all in attack with cannons on my tc and bigger army. and I pulled like 25 vills and sent them in first then my army and used vills to kill cannons and in turn won the fight which decided the game. However I dont think I streamed that game, cause I couldn't find it. Anyways I think it would be cool if other people posted clips like this. especially if you have any nice cannon micro clips as i feel like cannons can be very frustrating at times and I need work managing them.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

There is no such thing as winning fights u should lose, only losing fights u should win. Pulling vils is a good way to hold all in attacks though. If you win you most likely win the game, if you lose with vils u most likely wouldve lost without too. Just make sure u dont lose too many
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

If he didn't loose the cannons and microed well he wodulve won, but after the cannons were down it didn't look at all like he had an overwhelming unit advantage.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:There is no such thing as winning fights u should lose, only losing fights u should win. Pulling vils is a good way to hold all in attacks though. If you win you most likely win the game, if you lose with vils u most likely wouldve lost without too. Just make sure u dont lose too many
If there is such a thing as loosing fights you should win, then there have to be winning fights you should loose
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I get ur playing a word game, but what he means is that the fight was decided by someone screwing up, not that the other guy fought well.

I disagree tho. There are fights that one can force with vils to go in their favor, its not always because an overcommit
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ofcourse, but the moment u add units to a fight, even if only vils, then the balance shifts. If u add 25 vils most likely its no longer a fight u should lose.

Ofc if the balance is even or near enough, micro will decide alot

And ye i do agree soldier that u can do things that make it harder for the other player to play flawless, but if that player doesnt make those mistakes then you cant win a fight you ought to lose
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

This guy deserves a medal, he outmicroed the drunken prince zomgg :praise:
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

princeofkabul wrote:This guy deserves a medal, he outmicroed the drunken prince zomgg :praise:
I remember i saw this live. Prince was drunk and outmicroed himself - musk on lb, cuir on pike, canon off to another beer? :D
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

most of the time have your artillery in shoting mode and never send them off too far, else they unpack again and if they do use a hotkey to get them into shoting mode again. Vs colo you can have them not shoting and unpack into shoting when inf got close (but not vs lb).
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

giveuanxiety wrote:the title says it, here is a short 5min clip showing a game deciding fight.

http://www.twitch.tv/giveuanxiety/c/6855554

I was originally looking for a short clip where I played vs ramex and he was having an all in attack with cannons on my tc and bigger army. and I pulled like 25 vills and sent them in first then my army and used vills to kill cannons and in turn won the fight which decided the game. However I dont think I streamed that game, cause I couldn''t find it. Anyways I think it would be cool if other people posted clips like this. especially if you have any nice cannon micro clips as i feel like cannons can be very frustrating at times and I need work managing them.?

all I can see is a stupid PlayStation ad
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Add AdBlock to your browser and you'll get a SUP chocolate medal.