India Wood Trickle

No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Re: India Wood Trickle

Post by born2believe »

Gendarme wrote:...which takes a rather long time.

~90-100 secs and after most shipments the game lasts longer than that.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Aizamk wrote:I find the "India shipments are bad value" statement to be incorrect. You lose out on approximately 100 res per shipment in exchange for a unit that costs 100 wood. For 10% more xp required per shipment, that's a great deal. Considering most other villager shipments (5v,4v,8v,7v) are below the standard per age resource wise, there's no reason to call 5 sepoy+1vill "bad" unless you're one of those people who send the extra vill into battle. 100% on purpose of course. Also, distributivism only becomes less than 2vills once you have both the 5 10 % all-resource market upgrades, as the automatic base wood upgrades only total 15%. Also it's still better after that upgrade because they are constantly gathering in spite of raids. You only lose out on the flexibility to switch to a different resource, but this is a non-issue because India always needs wood anyway for vills, rajputs etc.

Of course, whats is india without rajputs?
also, that lonelly vill in every battle has a porpouse. I guarantee you.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Don't you just set separate gather points for your military and vills? :?

Gendarme wrote:...which takes a rather long time.

For a greater advantage than it seems — that extra villager starts gathering immediately after coming out!
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

pecelot wrote:Don't you just set separate gather points for your military and vills? :?

Sometimes you just forget during a battle and right click the agra spawnpoint to the battlefield, units arrive asap, good. militar shipments come to the right place, gooood. that one vill shows up, greeeat, that was a the plan. since you are here, gather that enemy wood crate till you get shot.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

But I mean in settings:

No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

pecelot wrote:But I mean in settings:

But then you can only change the economic unit gather point with right click. Its probably better to keep it off so you can set the military gather with right click and just set the economic one with a seperate hotkey. I think its more convinient that way.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I've been using this particular setting for a long time now and it works a lot better, I have the military gathering point mapped under „S", while vills follow my right-click — it's very handy and easy to use, but of course you need some time to get used to it :P
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

pecelot wrote:I've been using this particular setting for a long time now and it works a lot better, I have the military gathering point mapped under „S", while vills follow my right-click — it's very handy and easy to use, but of course you need some time to get used to it :P

Personally the other way around feels handier, as you rarely need the eco gather point.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I'm talking about general play, not just Agra Fort, but still I'd imagine if you constantly get one vill with each of your shipment you should have separate flags for both types of units. It's amazingly helpful.
No Flag Warriorpriest
Crossbow

Post by Warriorpriest »

pecelot wrote:I'm talking about general play, not just Agra Fort, but still I'd imagine if you constantly get one vill with each of your shipment you should have separate flags for both types of units. It's amazingly helpful.

Yeah, you really need separate rally points.
One thing I do to save time is hotkeying the military rally point (f1) which means that I can set the eco point with normal clic and then change the military point.
Naturally, it also works for TCS!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Yes, that's what I meant — with an accessible hotkey it's very easy and helpful :flowers:
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Yea, I get it. I guess it doesn't really matter if you use the right click for anyone and a seperate hotkey for the other. F.e. Right click for military and F1 for eco (or the other way).
No Flag Testingham1234
Crossbow

Post by Testingham1234 »

is the team trickle ever good?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Testingham1234 wrote:is the team trickle ever good?

in team games yes, its one of the reasons india is op in team, the other reason is flail elephants and team 2 rhinos
No Flag Testingham1234
Crossbow

Post by Testingham1234 »

I didn't know there was a team rhino card!
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Testingham1234 wrote:I didn't know there was a team rhino card!

You were missing out!
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

The way that this card goes with 1.25 wood trickle is good. you actually have 2.5 of villies gathering wood when all of your 14 villies are on food. Once India reaches 800 f, you'll be probably having ~80-90 w, so this card earns you all most one house or market or a villie for free at the particular time. This is card is just good as the way it is. Comparing with Foreign Logging card in age 2, This card fits well into age 1.
tedere12 wrote:
Testingham1234 wrote:is the team trickle ever good?

in team games yes, its one of the reasons india is op in team, the other reason is flail elephants and team 2 rhinos

These cards seem to sound nice but they are all absurd to bring inside a team gameplay. Flail Elephants are nor good neither viable at the time, but this card is fine if it is for free. Spending 300f for the card (though the whole team gets it) than going with viable infantry isn't too good. And Flail Elephants are too bad that they have only 80 siege attack instead you could have massed sepoys and gurks having like 100+ siege attack and also which counter other units. Team 2 Rhinos don't work out well actually, there are better cards then these in age 2. There are are better team cards for india in age 3 and later, like team 5 urmi or even shivaji's tactics is way lot better.
oranges.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

_RDX_ wrote:These cards seem to sound nice but they are all absurd to bring inside a team gameplay. Flail Elephants are nor good neither viable at the time, but this card is fine if it is for free. Spending 300f for the card (though the whole team gets it) than going with viable infantry isn't too good. And Flail Elephants are too bad that they have only 80 siege attack instead you could have massed sepoys and gurks having like 100+ siege attack and also which counter other units. Team 2 Rhinos don't work out well actually, there are better cards then these in age 2. There are are better team cards for india in age 3 and later, like team 5 urmi or even shivaji's tactics is way lot better.

There's also the intimidation factor. It's way scarier to see 8 rhinos charging towards your base then 20 normal soldiers.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

_RDX_ wrote: And Flail Elephants are too bad that they have only 80 siege attack instead you could have massed sepoys and gurks having like 100+ siege attack

Afaik, Flail Elephants have a higher rate of fire when sieging (1.5 instead of 3). So in fact, their siege attack is 160dmg.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

duckzilla wrote:
_RDX_ wrote: And Flail Elephants are too bad that they have only 80 siege attack instead you could have massed sepoys and gurks having like 100+ siege attack

Afaik, Flail Elephants have a higher rate of fire when sieging (1.5 instead of 3). So in fact, their siege attack is 160dmg.

Hmm lol, please stop reading the aoe 3 wikia. Stick with the game to know the info. Cuz the information given in the website is not always correct. There are differences between bonus multiplier and rate of fire. they have only 80 siege damage. Rate of Fire means their rate of damage per second/millisecond according to the game. they will get 160 siege damage only if they have 2X bonus multiplier against buildings. They do not counter any other units well than buildings, they are not tanky, they get easily killed by any anticav. After all, they have the worst 5 hand attack at age 2. And they are not Siege Elephants. And only thing they have is a good range resistance.
oranges.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

_RDX_ wrote:
duckzilla wrote:

Hmm lol, please stop reading the aoe 3 wikia. Stick with the game to know the info. Cuz the information given in the website is not always correct. There are differences between bonus multiplier and rate of fire. they have only 80 siege damage. Rate of Fire means their rate of damage per second/millisecond according to the game. they will get 160 siege damage only if they have 2X bonus multiplier against buildings. They do not counter any other units well than buildings, they are not tanky, they get easily killed by any anticav. After all, they have the worst 5 hand attack at age 2. And they are not Siege Elephants. And only thing they have is a good range resistance.

no, they siege twice as fast as other units so they do double their damage if compared with other units
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

flail elephants have their purpose even in late games sometimes.... depending on civ etc... but they are a cheap fast way to siege. especially good at FB destruction. it would be nice to have them one more ability since most other units are not so vulnerable but hey i get it.... it would be too much like a mahout.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

tedere12 wrote:
_RDX_ wrote:
duckzilla wrote:

no, they siege twice as fast as other units so they do double their damage if compared with other units

Hi I am expert failelifent user and can confirm that what tedere says is correct. In aoe3 ROF refers to the time interval in seconds between consecutive attacks. Be careful with how the game calls things, e.g. Hussar is light cavalry armed with cold steel. Wrong since hussar actually very fat heavy cav k thx bai
oranges.