India Wood Trickle

No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

India Wood Trickle

Post by born2believe »

Is Indian wood trickle actually better then 3 vills, since India gets a free villager with it?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: India Wood Trickle

Post by gibson »

possibly yesh or no. It depends on the way you look at it.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

India already has the market upgrades for wood researched by default, though, so the trickle isn't as beneficial as it would seem. However, India does not usually build a house before starting the Agra fort (at which point they are at max population), so the fact that the trickle doesn't take any population is probably a significant bonus.
Pay more attention to detail.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Gendarme wrote:India already has the market upgrades for wood researched by default, though, so the trickle isn't as beneficial as it would seem. However, India does not usually build a house before starting the Agra fort (at which point they are at max population), so the fact that the trickle doesn't take any population is probably a significant bonus.

india isnt only 10/10 :(
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

ikr you can 9/10 and be OP
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

well they get a free vill with every shipment which is their civ bonus so i wouldnt count that as part of the shipment, similar with 2 uhlans per german shipment
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

right hazza, because you could compare any other card they have that they might use instead that will still give them a vill.

Me personally love the tickles and find them integral to my booming/ fighting.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hazza54321 wrote:well they get a free vill with every shipment which is their civ bonus so i wouldnt count that as part of the shipment, similar with 2 uhlans per german shipment
exactly you need to look at the net gain. You get a vil with every shipment but infinite wood shipments which you never sent anyway so it's not really useful including the vil
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Hazza54321 wrote:well they get a free vill with every shipment which is their civ bonus so i wouldnt count that as part of the shipment, similar with 2 uhlans per german shipment

Well, I guess that is true. But what I was wondering if its actually better in pure value. For example if you could sent either the trickle(+1 vill) or 3 vills, what whould you send? And if I am correct the German shipments actually take more XP (or do Germans generate XP slower), whilst Indian shipments cost the same?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Maths wise, with the free vill the trickle is slightly less than 3 indian villagers (india automatically starts with tier 1 and 2 wood cutting ups). If 300w came with a villager, I would personally ship it over the trickle most of the time.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

start gather (.5W perSec) plus techs (15%) is a start indian Gather rate of .575

the trickle is 1.25? or 2 standard vils. So the shipment is worth 3 vills, but will not count towards population and is unraidable. Down side is does not get enhancements like vills do.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

born2believe wrote:

Well, I guess that is true. But what I was wondering if its actually better in pure value. For example if you could sent either the trickle(+1 vill) or 3 vills, what whould you send? And if I am correct the German shipments actually take more XP (or do Germans generate XP slower), whilst Indian shipments cost the same?

In terms of pure value, trickle + 1 vill is better than 3v (With imperial bureaucracy 3 vill>trickle+1 vill however you wouldn't have that when the shipment arrives and trickles have other advantages). Both german and indian shipments require more xp.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Interesting. Tnx everyone.
No Flag Coyote
Crossbow

Post by Coyote »

Trickle is 2.5vills iirc.
But what people often forget is that since you start with both wood upgrades it's actually less than 2vills!
And ofc 3v>2v (you can't take the civ bonus into account for what was said above).
So yea, it'd be a lot better if you had a 3+1vills shipment.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

so many bright lights in this thread.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:so many bright lights in this thread.
I'm a special light bulb
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

I find the "India shipments are bad value" statement to be incorrect. You lose out on approximately 100 res per shipment in exchange for a unit that costs 100 wood. For 10% more xp required per shipment, that's a great deal. Considering most other villager shipments (5v,4v,8v,7v) are below the standard per age resource wise, there's no reason to call 5 sepoy+1vill "bad" unless you're one of those people who send the extra vill into battle. 100% on purpose of course. Also, distributivism only becomes less than 2vills once you have both the 5 10 % all-resource market upgrades, as the automatic base wood upgrades only total 15%. Also it's still better after that upgrade because they are constantly gathering in spite of raids. You only lose out on the flexibility to switch to a different resource, but this is a non-issue because India always needs wood anyway for vills, rajputs etc.
oranges.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Rajputs mmhm
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

I dont think i have ever trained a rajput. :love:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You're born to believe!
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Also just checked my notes (had to incorporate this kind of info into the UI), India's shipments cost 8% more XP, not 10% more; 10% more is Germany. Inflation per shipment sent is approximately 15%, up until a cap of 2500xp per shipment.
oranges.
No Flag Mace
Crossbow

Post by Mace »

Hum, so are their shipments even better? Lol
Honestly they're not that good: 5sepoys, 600c, 600w, you need the vill if you want to match the european shipments but you also have a 8% malus which is huge.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Well if an age 2 shipment is worth 700 resources, 8% of that is 56. So your vill only needs to gather 56 resources for the shipment to be better (600wood+1vill=700wood).
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

...which takes a rather long time.
Pay more attention to detail.