How to beat the China FF deathball?

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: How to beat the China FF deathball?

Post by fei123456 »

Wait, why should IRO do semiff vs China?!
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

re iro can kill china with the bb toma rush, since china ages so late and its hard for them to defend.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

samurai or dopps
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

If you cant rush them, you'd want to outmass them and fight the cav in an area where pathing is messed up (trees).
Error 404: Signature not found
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

if you're playing iro.... just play as in RE. build an early TP (you lose 200w but get 200f so it's about the same), do stagecoach boom, then spam from wh+stable 5+5.
or just do a 4-7-6-6 all-in rush.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Couprider wrote:Wait, why should IRO do semiff vs China?!

Cuzits so oppppp :kinggreen: :maniac:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Colonial is risky and doesn't really work on EP vs China. Just use the general strat counter-system: ff > rush, semi ff > ff, rush > semi ff.
Also don't expect to get a free win with Iro on EP. This MU is not that unbalanced I think.
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Garja wrote:Colonial is risky and doesn't really work on EP vs China. Just use the general strat counter-system: ff > rush, semi ff > ff, rush > semi ff.
Also don't expect to get a free win with Iro on EP. This MU is not that unbalanced I think.

it doesnt make a big difference. 200f is not too far away from 200w. you can just chop for a TP in age 1, age up 16p, and do everything you did in RE.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Oos also wins
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Eh 200w is 336f, plus 40f or so of walking time. You can't really age up in time without some substantial treasure help (that you don't know in advance). Plus you don't get the first pass anyway so your age1 TP isn't as valuable as the RE one. Also a full 25 seconds delayed rush isn't as effective, especially when the only really scary thing of Iro rush is that it is very fast.
I think you can hold most if not all rushes with proper version of China FF. And not to mention you can always stay colo if you know the opponent is committed to rush. With semi FF you're on par on everything and still retain the advantage of dictating the game.
Image Image Image
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I think putting on some pressure and making a giant musk mass to kill their death ball as brits is a decent option. Just need to kill them or deny their mines before they can get out iron troops.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

how does rush>semi ff, the reason you make units in many semi ff builds is to protect yourself from a rush because you are in danger of losing infrastructure/vills/getting idles
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

and how is naked FF supposed to counter rush
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

tedere12 wrote:how does rush>semi ff, the reason you make units in many semi ff builds is to protect yourself from a rush because you are in danger of losing infrastructure/vills/getting idles

No, that's actually a misconception. The reason to prefer semi FF over FF is twofold:
- to beat an FF, assuming that the starting units let you control the game (raid, killing the TP, denying a possible FF fb, getting an eco edge with early steel traps and vill card, etc.) while being on par with the age;
- to turn the FF build into colonial in case of some semi aggressive colonial strat. This was particularly true on RE were colonial boom (e.g brit musk huss) would usually beat a semi FF (e.g French semi). On EP due to resource distribution and early TP profitability semi FF seems to beat colo play more times than not (or atleast when it does it is in relatively easy fashion compared to the opposite);
But if you want to get away to age3 vs an hardcore rush you better just straight FF as it is just safer. With semi FF you gonna be stuck in the middle, stacking almost enough resources to age up and not having enough units to defend anyway.

pecelot wrote:and how is naked FF supposed to counter rush

Naked low eco ff is basically a turtle strat. You time all the units (from shipment, age up, wonder, explorer, TC fire, etc.) at the same time and then win with just shipment spam.
People that think that rush works vs FF really have to watch for old games where straight FF and no compromises rushes were very common.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Iro just doesnt beat china on re lol. China can rush the iro si ff as well as do their own semi and just beat whatever iro does. Ff semi ff or rush, doesnt matter
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Iro just doesnt beat china on re lol. China can rush the iro si ff as well as do their own semi and just beat whatever iro does. Ff semi ff or rush, doesnt matter

Did you mean to say RE?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

umeu wrote:Iro just doesnt beat china on re lol. China can rush the iro si ff as well as do their own semi and just beat whatever iro does. Ff semi ff or rush, doesnt matter

Why should iro do semif on RE?! Just all-in rush, or stagecoach boom into kanya aenna spam: how can chinese semiff deal with this?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

probably an early tp, 8 chokunu + halb minutes for cav semi deals nicely with iro's ep BB rush since choks dps HI so well. I actually don't think china semi ff is all that bad especially if you can get a nice large wood tres in age 1 and chop 100w for 2nd village to not be popped.

Dunno though I'm no ohmeeeeeeoh!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I think u can play this mu as china the same way you can play german vs russia, 8bow 9pike 700g and literally break the fb with the hero and disciples and then go age 3 if iro does a semi build
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ovi12 wrote:

Did you mean to say RE?

No i meant ep
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think brit doing a timing push with longbows and some musks and then adding some hussars when china ages (easy to fuel that mass with 700g) is really strong. I made kami feel desperate doing a build like this. I was doing 700w 600w and then 700g first booming up to about 130-140 manor pop and then throwing down 2 raxes to make 10 longbow and then 5 longbow 5 musk and then push while reinforcing with another 5 longbow 5 musk. Longbows are pretty nice to push with since you dont actually have to overextend, so you can do some free damage maybe, and then the musks help you with siege or potentially a 5 meteor hammer shipment, and you can probably get 5 huss out in time to counter arqs, and then china cant really stabilize at all while youre also rocking a great eco and a pretty good army comp.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Gendarme wrote:Before I say anything else: I'm an übernoob, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.

As France against China, I go for two batches of hussars semi-FF. If you force him to send pikemen in colonial age, it's great, and unless his base is cramped together, which it usually isn't because China likes to spread out with their villages securing resources, he will probably be forced to send that shipment. Even if he sends the pikemen shipment, you can continue raiding and hopefully idling him some more; pikemen are not dragoons - they are no threat to your hussars unless you misplay and get caught.

China usually goes heavy on cavalry, so in fortress my composition is heavy on cuirassiers and dragoons (and the hussars that have survived from earlier raiding). Together with the two falconets and a handful of skirmishers, you should be able to hold his timing push (I don't play China, but every game I have played, China has always come to my base - all I needed to do was to wait).
3 hus is enough to delay their ageup and force mm. More than that seem to be a waste. Cuir heavy with cc and a couple skirm with falc. After 1st fight i go full goon because China cant remass skirm
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@tedere12 Minutemen can't stop two batches of hussars. He will need to send a pikemen shipment, or idle a lot which are both worse options than making an extra batch of hussars. And if you don't carelessly use your hussars, they are useful in the fortress age fight as well. I think it is a good investment to make two batches of hussars and go 4 cdb > 700w > 700c, instead of only one batch and going 4 cdb > 700w and saving one shipment and aging up slightly quicker.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

China in general is weak before a mass is built. They also are weak against cav if you pressure them correctly. They lean heavily on consulate muskets, Manchu shipment, and the ability to draw out cav fights (cav v cav and disciple factory).

I haven't tested what you said jerom but I would buy that one.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

_H2O wrote:China in general is weak before a mass is built. They also are weak against cav if you pressure them correctly. They lean heavily on consulate muskets, Manchu shipment, and the ability to draw out cav fights (cav v cav and disciple factory).

I haven't tested what you said jerom but I would buy that one.

I havent thoroughly tested it tbh, I think maybe a intervention shipment plus disciples plus a batch of cav plus minutemen would hold but it also seemed like there wouldnt be enough res for that. When trying it out kami and I wondered how beatable it was, but it was only 4-5 games.