Asian merc viability

Korea South jj0823
Musketeer
ESO: jj0823

Asian merc viability

Post by jj0823 »

Greetings comrades,
I come to you with a simple question today: Are the unique mercs available to each Asian civ through the monastery card actually usable? I know it is out of the question for a normal supremacy game, but let's say I get bored in some drawn out team game or comp stomp. Would I realistically be able to use the Iron Troop (China), Jat Lancer (India), or Yojimbo (Japan)?
Thanks for future replies :chinese: :flowers:
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Re: Asian merc viability

Post by britishmusketeer »

jj0823 wrote:Greetings comrades,
I come to you with a simple question today: Are the unique mercs available to each Asian civ through the monastery card actually usable? I know it is out of the question for a normal supremacy game, but let's say I get bored in some drawn out team game or comp stomp. Would I realistically be able to use the Iron Troop (China), Jat Lancer (India), or Yojimbo (Japan)?

I think china early tp into 2v 700g 700w iron troop card ff is actually viable due to a bug where repentant iron troops don't have a negative multiplier against cav so they literally beat everything. Pretty sure Jat lancers aren't viable. Yojimbo are very good however if you are playing as japs in fortress you probably have better things to send in all situations.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

britishmusketeer wrote:

I think china early tp into 2v 700g 700w iron troop card ff is actually viable due to a bug where repentant iron troops don't have a negative multiplier against cav so they literally beat everything. Pretty sure Jat lancers aren't viable. Yojimbo are very good however if you are playing as japs in fortress you probably have better things to send in all situations.

Hm I would love to see that FF. How do you train repentant iron troops tho? Are they always in the church or you have to send a card?
Also dyddyd goes yumi yabusame in fortress, so maybe yumi yojimbo is better.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Jat Lancers are knockoff elemetti, iron troops are good for tanking ranged hits, and yojimbos have a special arrangements melee. Iron troop and Manchu are most useful mercs for the Asian civs.
Error 404: Signature not found
Korea South jj0823
Musketeer

Post by jj0823 »

@Jaeger
There's a card you have to send first, unfortunately. But I think it's worth it, the units are pretty cool
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Iron troops are pretty insane good for leveling The playing field against Players that make massive amounts of skirms. The bad thing is that it makes Players Training cav which has a weakness to,unless manchus are on The field
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

britishmusketeer wrote:

I agree, Jat Lancers come in too late. Plus it's always nice to build a monastery in age 3 on RE as you may get yourself age IV units, like Mamelukes or L'il Bombards :chinese:
Howdah

ovi12 wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:I think china early tp into 2v 700g 700w iron troop card ff is actually viable due to a bug where repentant iron troops don't have a negative multiplier against cav so they literally beat everything. Pretty sure Jat lancers aren't viable. Yojimbo are very good however if you are playing as japs in fortress you probably have better things to send in all situations.

Hm I would love to see that FF. How do you train repentant iron troops tho? Are they always in the church or you have to send a card?
You have to send a card so I send it after 700w with the early tp and then build a monastery instead of a rax.
ovi12 wrote:Also dyddyd goes yumi yabusame in fortress, so maybe yumi yojimbo is better.
From looking into them more closely I think they aren't as good as I first thought. They have melee resist so they tank alot less than yabs and they also have only 2* vs cav and art so yabs also do better vs them.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol yabusames don't do better vs cav than yojimbos... They have absolutely no dps

Anyway, iron troops are by far the best merc, just check their stats when you prod them from the saloon.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

:hmm:
Attachments
screen903.jpg
screen902.jpg
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

they OP
Howdah

Kaiserklein wrote:Lol yabusames don't do better vs cav than yojimbos...

yea i accidentally used golden pavilion upped yabs in my calculation. They come close though. 2 yabs to 9.6*2.5*2= 67.8 vs cav. Yojimbo do 35*2 = 70 vs cav.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

vs artillery they can just fight in melee
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

why use yojimbo in ranged mode, just meelee them lol. They are insane in meelee mode
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I remember when mongo beat me in a jap mirror by putting those guys in melee vs yumi
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Jat Lancers were viable when you could still build them in age 2. :lol:

Darn patches.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yojimbo's and iron troops are wicked insane. Iron troops are quite viable IMO (meteor hammers/iron troop/iron flail is an insane combo), and yojimbo are really good units but don't gel the best with Japan's composition.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Kaiserklein wrote:Lol yabusames don't do better vs cav than yojimbos... They have absolutely no dps

Anyway, iron troops are by far the best merc, just check their stats when you prod them from the saloon.

Really? Better than mamelukes, manchu, elmeti?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

ovi12 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Lol yabusames don't do better vs cav than yojimbos... They have absolutely no dps

Well the thing is that elmetis and mams are age 4 in the saloon, and for iron troops you need to ship a card, so it's obviously hard to compare them. They're also situational, depending on the match up and your opponent's composition, etc.

But, if you had to compare those units just based on their cost, I think iron troops would be the best. They are just bugged tbh. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember they give you 30 xp when you produce/kill them, which would mean they are actually meant to cost 300g and not 200g (should check this but I can't rn). The fact they don't have any multiplier against cav + a very short shooting animation despite having 1.5 rof (I can't really think of an archer in this game with 1.5 rof and such a fast shooting animation, it's basically the same animation as a yumi iirc) + a really high (25) base attack means they basically kill cav by hit and running. They also have a 2 multiplier against HI, which is unusual for an archer, as they usually rather have 1.25 or 1.5. Add to this th 60% range resist (on top of a very decent 225 hp), and you have real monsters.

It's simple anyway. I think everyone knows how good jaegers are in ranged fights, right ? They only cost a bit more than 1.5 skirm, but can 1v2 skirms easily. One of the best mercs. Well, try them against iron troops, and you will see what I mean. Again, I tried this a long time ago so I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you fight with 9 iron troops against 10 jaegers (1800g investment on both sides) you have 8 iron troops left at the end, and all jaegers dead. It's just broken
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Hazza54321 wrote:I remember when mongo beat me in a jap mirror by putting those guys in melee vs yumi

I once lost to them because i thought hand cav is decent Counter to them ....
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Kaiserklein wrote: I think if you fight with 9 iron troops against 10 jaegers (1800g investment on both sides) you have 8 iron troops left at the end, and all jaegers dead. It's just broken

thats not possible. I just shift clicked through the Iron troops and 4 of them were left. Idk how that would go if the player with jaegeres kited, I guess it would be close though
Howdah

tedere12 wrote:thats not possible. I just shift clicked through the Iron troops and 4 of them were left. Idk how that would go if the player with jaegeres kited, I guess it would be close though

shift clicking the jaegers and not microing the iron troops is obviously not a fair test.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Kaiserklein wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

Well the thing is that elmetis and mams are age 4 in the saloon, and for iron troops you need to ship a card, so it's obviously hard to compare them. They're also situational, depending on the match up and your opponent's composition, etc.

But, if you had to compare those units just based on their cost, I think iron troops would be the best. They are just bugged tbh. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember they give you 30 xp when you produce/kill them, which would mean they are actually meant to cost 300g and not 200g (should check this but I can't rn). The fact they don't have any multiplier against cav + a very short shooting animation despite having 1.5 rof (I can't really think of an archer in this game with 1.5 rof and such a fast shooting animation, it's basically the same animation as a yumi iirc) + a really high (25) base attack means they basically kill cav by hit and running. They also have a 2 multiplier against HI, which is unusual for an archer, as they usually rather have 1.25 or 1.5. Add to this th 60% range resist (on top of a very decent 225 hp), and you have real monsters.

It's simple anyway. I think everyone knows how good jaegers are in ranged fights, right ? They only cost a bit more than 1.5 skirm, but can 1v2 skirms easily. One of the best mercs. Well, try them against iron troops, and you will see what I mean. Again, I tried this a long time ago so I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you fight with 9 iron troops against 10 jaegers (1800g investment on both sides) you have 8 iron troops left at the end, and all jaegers dead. It's just broken

Lol they are faking OP. Do they have have higher damage output than Jaegars tho? Because if a lot of their cost accounts for their HP and RR they might not be as good in certain situations. I also wonder how they compare to FU yumi.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Iron troop ff needs to be in the Aizamk tests strats thread @Aizamk (Does the tag work?)
Korea South jj0823
Musketeer

Post by jj0823 »

I agree, I'd really like to see this kind of BO pulled off at least in a casual game. If this were taken into a competetive match I would be so happy. I think Merc FFs are really awesome. Seeing Kaiserklein pull off a German Merc FF in a smackdown awhile back was really admirable.