Asian merc viability

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Asian merc viability

Post by Garja »

Iron troops have 5 speed (jaegers 4) and 1.5 ROF, meaning their real damage output is 50 (plus also the bonus vs HI). HP sohuld be about the same and 60%rr is totally insane. Only drawback is range (16 I think) but with 5 speed and instant fire (unusual for a 1.5 rof unit) it isn't really a problem.
So ye it's not surprise that they are sort of OP. They still are not as impactful as mams or even Manchus tho. Like you don't need to switch to a counter unit, you can just mass more of the same type (skirms).
Image Image Image
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Garja wrote:Iron troops have 5 speed (jaegers 4) and 1.5 ROF, meaning their real damage output is 50 (plus also the bonus vs HI). HP sohuld be about the same and 60%rr is totally insane. Only drawback is range (16 I think) but with 5 speed and instant fire (unusual for a 1.5 rof unit) it isn't really a problem.
So ye it's not surprise that they are sort of OP. They still are not as impactful as mams or even Manchus tho. Like you don't need to switch to a counter unit, you can just mass more of the same type (skirms).

trying to outmass china in the skirm count when they have iron troops is really not smart
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Garja wrote:Iron troops have 5 speed (jaegers 4) and 1.5 ROF, meaning their real damage output is 50 (plus also the bonus vs HI). HP sohuld be about the same and 60%rr is totally insane. Only drawback is range (16 I think) but with 5 speed and instant fire (unusual for a 1.5 rof unit) it isn't really a problem.

They have 4.5 speed, not 5.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

ovi12 wrote:Lol they are faking OP. Do they have have higher damage output than Jaegars tho? Because if a lot of their cost accounts for their HP and RR they might not be as good in certain situations. I also wonder how they compare to FU yumi.

Yeah they have much higher dps than jaegers lol. They have 25 attack with 1.5 ROF (so basically 50 attack) compared to 30 attack for jaegers. Also iron troops have the same multiplier against HI (*2) and I think also against RC (*1.5), but they don't have a *0.75 multiplier against hand cav, so it's even more dps overall.
They would lose to FU yumis for an equal investment obviously, since they're age 3 units and not age 5, especially as yumis get upgraded so much. 1 iron troop and 1 FU yumi would have similiar hp and dps, but the iron troop has much more RR so he would still win 1v1.

jj0823 wrote:I agree, I'd really like to see this kind of BO pulled off at least in a casual game. If this were taken into a competetive match I would be so happy. I think Merc FFs are really awesome. Seeing Kaiserklein pull off a German Merc FF in a smackdown awhile back was really admirable.

Haha, well I used to have a build to make iron troops, sometimes with straight ff sometimes with outlaws semi ff, and it was pretty strong even though I'm bad at china. And if you like mercs, I just posted a mercs video on my youtube xD
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

lordraphael wrote:

trying to outmass china in the skirm count when they have iron troops is really not smart

Well, actually it is not bad. China can't go pure skirm and switching to cav makes all their other units useful (changdao, redcoats, manchus most importantly). Of course it's not like you're happy shooting at 60%rr RI but alternatives are not much better.
Vsing iron troops is not very different from any other merc except that they don't add another counter type to their combo so you don't necessarily have to reply to that by switching unit.
Image Image Image
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Garja wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

Well, actually it is not bad. China can't go pure skirm and switching to cav makes all their other units useful (changdao, redcoats, manchus most importantly). Of course it's not like you're happy to shooting at 60%rr RI but alternatives are not much better.
Vsing iron troops is not very different from any other merc except that they add another counter type to their combo so you don't necessarily have to reply to that by switching unit.

if they have send iron troops there wont be any manchus for quite some time and china while changdoas and redcoats are good usually doesnt get enough to counter a big huss switch.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Thing is you don't know which merc they're going to send and switching to cav after you recognize that is not always possible nor effective. Also he will most likely switch to anticav and iron troops can kite cav quite comfortably, so you're relying on a surprise switch which I don't like.
It is true that China can't go pure anticav either but then I would go pure cav from start and add enough skirms to one shot manchus when they show up.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

ovi12 wrote:Iron troop ff needs to be in the Aizamk tests strats thread @Aizamk (Does the tag work?)

Yes, but presumably if he doesn't respond, there is a reason for that :hmm:

Kaiserklein wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember they give you 30 xp when you produce/kill them, which would mean they are actually meant to cost 300g and not 200g (should check this but I can't rn).

This is correct!

Thanks for pointing it out, already reported it to EP Dev Team Image

yurashic wrote:

They have 4.5 speed, not 5.

Correct!

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah they have much higher dps than jaegers lol. They have 25 attack with 1.5 ROF (so basically 50 attack) compared to 30 attack for jaegers. Also iron troops have the same multiplier against HI (*2) and I think also against RC (*1.5), but they don't have a *0.75 multiplier against hand cav, so it's even more dps overall.

Repentant Jaegers don't have a negative multiplier vs hand cav, either :!:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yes I know, also asian thugees and etc. The thing is you can't know if you get jaegers in your saloon, so you can't build a strat for china around them, while for iron troops you can. Also iron troops are a better units for the other reasons I stated
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Just wanted to set some things straight :flowers: