Eco theory vs musk attack card

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Eco theory vs musk attack card

Post by Gendarme »

In a pure musketeer battle, does musketeer attack let you kill enemy musketeers in one less shot? Does enemy musketeer HP card change this fact?
Pay more attention to detail.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

@Gendarme it does but generally musk attack is better due to better raiding, better siege and increased ability to fish musks when the opponent doesnt pay attention to army

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

macacoalbino wrote:increased ability to fish musks when the opponent doesnt pay attention to army
That wouldn't the case if musk attack didn't reduce the number of shots needed, would it?
Pay more attention to detail.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Well thats a fair point, but then there are two other reasons why attack is slightly better than hp :P

No Flag greatscythe11
Musketeer
ESO: greatscythe11

Post by greatscythe11 »

macacoalbino wrote:Well thats a fair point, but then there are two other reasons why attack is slightly better than hp :P

Well, I have a theory about this attack vs HP thing.Please correct me if I'm wrong.For ranged units attack comes first into the picture.For a group of musks, generally every unit shoots first before every unit gets attacked .If a unit isn't attacked, its HP matters less.Also, generally, melee units like Hand Cav and Hand Infantry get attacked first by ranged fire before they can close in and deal damage.So, for melee units HP and speed allows better closing in ability, HP maybe a bit more if a pathing issue like a choke point exists.Hope I'm not disrupting a good discussion.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

well yeah, its just logical. anything that can/should kite its more important to >deal< damage rather than being able to take more in the first place. Anything melee has to connect before the rest. so hp first
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Gendarme wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:increased ability to fish musks when the opponent doesnt pay attention to army
That wouldn't the case if musk attack didn't reduce the number of shots needed, would it?

I'm not sure what you mean, it's just true. Musk att upgrade makes you need less shots to kill opponent's musks, whereas musk HP upgrade makes your opponent need one more shot to kill your musks. These effects are even and hence the confusion what's better, which can be solved by bearing in mind other important factors, like the aforementioned siege attack buff, improved villager raiding capabilities and picking off „free musks" better. :flowers:

greatscythe11 wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Well thats a fair point, but then there are two other reasons why attack is slightly better than hp :P

Well, I have a theory about this attack vs HP thing.Please correct me if I'm wrong.For ranged units attack comes first into the picture.For a group of musks, generally every unit shoots first before every unit gets attacked .If a unit isn't attacked, its HP matters less.Also, generally, melee units like Hand Cav and Hand Infantry get attacked first by ranged fire before they can close in and deal damage.So, for melee units HP and speed allows better closing in ability, HP maybe a bit more if a pathing issue like a choke point exists.Hope I'm not disrupting a good discussion.

Indeed, that's a rule of thumb :!:
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

He meant that if theres musk attack vs musk hp then you still need the same shots to pick off enemys muskets @pecelot
And that is true! Nonetheless you should tryhard to keep your army under control and not rely on an hp card to solve this problem for you

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I know and I know he knows, but he expressed that weirdly :hmm: